Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I had it cracked, briefly, but then when I tried to use it again recently it kept saying no, whichever resolution and format I chose. Not the end of the world - you can all live quite happily without medium-sized pictures of my town, I'm sure, lol.

I had the same problem Bess, for me I had to uncheck the box that says 'retrieve remote file and reference locally' which is under the URL when uploading it here. I don't remember that being there before and it took me forever messing about till I finally tried unchecking that and it worked.

Oo, good to know, Downton! Which size do you choose, and are you choosing the URL or IMG?

I use file type image and size default. Then I copy the IMG code for forums and message board. It seems to work great for my larger pics as long as I uncheck that blasted box under the URL here on the forum when uploading it

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I use file type image and size default. Then I copy the IMG code for forums and message board. It seems to work great for my larger pics as long as I uncheck that blasted box under the URL here on the forum when uploading it
    Excellent! Next time I have anything worth showing off, I shall give it a go. Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Excellent! Next time I have anything worth showing off, I shall give it a go. Thanks much!
    You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    I guess Bess missed your post Nevada

I also use tinypic a lot for my pics on the forum.
    No need to have an account is just one of the assets.
    A drawback I think is the unstability of the site, but for me that is not enough reason to go searching for an alternative.
    The 'standard' size is my favorite but overusing that format could change a thread into a Picture book.
    To prevent this effect, I use the email / website format more often.
    A smaller size does not work as a pop up, as other pictures do. That is at the expense of visibility.

Taking screenshots works better on my phone then on my tablet. If necessary I resize them to a smaller 3:4 or 9:16 format.
    When I start to use pics in my posts I send the pics by email to my tablet. These days I upload them to Drive and download them on my tablet.
    But I guess there must an easier why, like I read in earlier posts in this thread.
    Thanks, Ruud, for trying to assist me too, even if your (no doubt entirely sensible) explanation baffled poor technophobe me, lol. That's entirely my bad, as is forgetting to say thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Thanks, Ruud, for trying to assist me too, even if your (no doubt entirely sensible) explanation baffled poor technophobe me, lol. That's entirely my bad, as is forgetting to say thanks for trying.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    "All well ends well" the French say

I thought it might be handy to show different pic sizes from tiny pics. Doing everything I mentioned in post above.

Instead of picking default size and picking thumbnail size I get
    [IMG][/IMG]

Picking Website/email size I get this
    [IMG][/IMG]

When I pick Message Board I get
    [IMG][/IMG]

And when I pick default I get this
    [IMG][/IMG]

ETA I normally edit my picture to remove the [IMG] writing beside the pictures after I have posted them. You can actually just miss them out when copying the code,I just tried it,lol.
    Last edited by Downton; 12-09-2018 at 12:12 AM.

I like to add some information about sharing video instead of pictures in your posts.
    For example the movie made by phone:
    the Village unlighted

After recording I shared it on Google Drive so it is available on my tablet/pc, where from I post on this forum.
    Like I learned from Nevada, _DD_ and many others I used a word to link it to the video in the Cloud(Drive).

Written down it looks like this: [ URL=LinkToMovieInCloudOrDrive]WORD[/URL ]
    (Remove the space before / after 'URL' to make the link work)

Making a movie with your phone in one hand and with the other hand scrolling through your city isn't a way that would look nice.
    Gladly there are apps that helps you making a screen video without the extra handling I just mentioned.
    Mobizen Screen and AZ Screen Recorder are the two free apps I have tried. I have no preference for one of them and the ads keep it free, so I will not complain

After a few try outs I recorded this one:

In this vid I've put my game in Edit modus for privacy matters. A disadvantage doing that is that the cadastre lines and the 'for sale' signs of the extensions are visible.
    An option to prevent that is screen recording from another device(from another account of course) visiting my town.
    Another thing I tried this time was using a picture to link the movie on instead of a word.

In writing it looks like this:
    [ URL=LinkToMovieInCloudOrDrive][IMG]LinkToUploadedPicture[/URL ]
    (Remove the space before / after 'URL' to make the link work)

All of this is based on my own experience, more technical members please feel free to share you knowledge so we all can learn some more about this.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 12-11-2018 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Better readable
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android