Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Question How To Post A Screenshot

Heya guys,

Asking for a favour from anyone who has the time/knowledge.

If possible, could you maybe post a step-by-step “how to” for the different devices, including maybe some screenshots, for posting a screenshot?

I don’t know if steps are different from iOS/windows/whatever, and I only have iOS so can’t check, and can’t find the info anywhere.

Assume you’re explaining it to a five year old on their first ever internet voyage.

I’d really appreciate it, thank you.
    Last edited by Amoria; 03-30-2018 at 12:31 PM.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

Hi Nevada

I will search one of my post giving the instructions in details. But that is only one part of the problem. The forums do not accept files thatbare too big so we have to reduced the size/weight of our screenshots before the system will accept them. As everyone has a different app for their pictures, it is almost impossible to give generic instructions for that step.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Hi guys, hope this helps -- Graylady ask me to post this...

How to Upload a Photo/Image on IOS:
    1. Take screen shot of what you want, then go to your "Photo" (picture should be stored there)
    2. Choose the photo you want to "upload," and "Edit" the photo to 5:3 in size, then click "Done" to save.
    3. Send edited photo to "Add to iCloud Drive."
    4. A prompt will come up asking you to "Choose location to add this item to." Choose "iCloud Drive."
    5. You may get a prompt about "location already contains...", ignore it, and choose "Rename."
    6. Come back to the Forum to upload it to your post, by choosing the "Insert Image" from icon bar above (second option from the end, looks like a boxed picture).
    7. Choose the option "From Computer."
    8. Click "Choose File," and select the photo from the "iCloud Drive."
    9. Select your photo (it will appear beside the "Choose File"), then hit "Upload File(s)" option, and your photo will be in your post.

Seems like a lot, but it's not that bad when you get the hang of it. There may be a simpler way, but after 8 months of trying to "upload," this was the only way I could make it work. Good luck

NEW: Also, just some pass on info, I have my PM's going to my email address, so that is the best way to get me, if you need me these days , I will come in to answer them. Proper Forum etiquette after all
    Last edited by Sweetness123; 02-21-2018 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Added New
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

Thank you Sweetness and Graylady, and MissW

I’m working on a project and trying to get a bunch of stuff sorted out, screenshot posting being a big part of it, so I appreciate the help

Does anyone know if the process is different on different platforms?

Incidentally, I wonder if the sizing has something to do with the image being loaded from another web source? I’ve always done my uploads via MissWs way, and never had a problem with the file being to large...?
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

KINDLE - not easy

I am assuming you don’t have any special software/app to resize an image. If you do, I’m sure it would be so much easier.

Using your Kindle and a desktop/laptop:
    1. Take your screenshot on your Kindle (holding down the volume down and power buttons together for 1 second)
    2. Upload to your desktop or laptop
    3. If you don't have software installed, navigate to the internet and find a third-party picture reduction site (not sure if I can post the one I used)
    4. Upload your screenshot. The current sizes are 1920 wide x 1200 high
    5. Go to the resize in pixels section and input 800 wide x 600 high
    6. Save the new picture somewhere accessible, then go to the forum
    7. As with other posts in this thread, tap/click on post a reply / go advanced / insert image icon / choose file (from computer) / upload file(s)

Using your Kindle only:
    1. Take your screenshot
    2. Navigate to the internet and find a third-party picture reduction site
    3. Upload your screenshot, which should be in Documents, not Camera
    4. Go to the resize in pixels section and input 800 wide x 600 high (this might default to 800 x 500, which is ok)
    5. Download the end result - you might need to hold your finger on the image for a minute until you get a download dialogue box, depending on the site
    6. Choose download image / Download
    7. Top right of screen to three vertical dots and tap
    8. Choose downloads
    9. New image should appear at the top of the list – tap on it
    10. When image opens, go to three vertical dots again and choose Open with…
    11. When the next image appears, go back to the three dots and choose Download (attachment saved…)
    12. Navigate to your homescreen and choose Photos or Prime Photos from your carousel
    13. When you open your screenshot file you may see two of the same screenshot side by side. One is the old and one is the new. Open the file and tap on the three dots / info to make sure you have the right image to upload to the forum
    Level: 208
    Co-op: Green Gables #GRE4SU
    Friend code: PFSFZF
    Player Since: May 2015

That’s brilliant boby, thank you

So the kindle process (at least for preparing a screenshot for posting) is quite different to iOS.

Interesting to see if android/windows is different again from these two.
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

I've found that there are different processes amongst the android devices, with some being more user-friendly than others.

There are also hosting sites, such as Imgur, photobucket and tinypic where pictures can be uploaded and resized. Then all that is needed is to paste the relevant image link into the post.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

Thanks so much, boby. I had not thought posting a screenshot possible from a Kindle device - now I know that I can, even if it's a lengthy process.
    Playing on Fire, not on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I've found that there are different processes amongst the android devices, with some being more user-friendly than others.

There are also hosting sites, such as Imgur, photobucket and tinypic where pictures can be uploaded and resized. Then all that is needed is to paste the relevant image link into the post.
    Okay so this is a new question.

I tried using imgur/photobucket/various before to send someone a link to a pic, and whenever they tried to see it, it said they had to sign in.
    So how does that work here? If someone posts a link to a photo share site, and a different person goes to view it (without an account), how do they get to see the posted image?
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Okay so this is a new question.

I tried using imgur/photobucket/various before to send someone a link to a pic, and whenever they tried to see it, it said they had to sign in.
    So how does that work here? If someone posts a link to a photo share site, and a different person goes to view it (without an account), how do they get to see the posted image?
    Odd! They should see it automatically. On this forum, I can view any images posted using an external site, without even having to log on to the forum. Any that have been uploaded directly, I can only view when logged in.

I can only think that an incorrect image link has been used or if you have an account with any of those sites and have it set to private, they may not be able to view it. I'm not sure, as it's been a long time since I used photobucket. The others are use without having an account.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT