Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I apologize in advance if I overlooked & have asked a question already asked.. but can someone tell me how to post a picture by phone or iPad ( iOS) without using a computer? I did see iOS instructions but it’s using a computer.
    TOWN NAME: Laurie’s Land
    CO-OP: Seas The Moment
    CO-OP TAG: #SE6HJM

”Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side because it's fake."
    People can make anything "appear" to be a certain way. Always be happy with what YOU have! The alternative is never better!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie8858 View Post
    I apologize in advance if I overlooked & have asked a question already asked.. but can someone tell me how to post a picture by phone or iPad ( iOS) without using a computer? I did see iOS instructions but it’s using a computer.
    Like this, Laurie

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    You can post a screenshot that's saved in your photo library without using iCloud. Click the Insert Photo buttom here in the post. In the From Computer tab, click "Choose File" then click Photo Library. It should show you all the photos you have saved on your device. Select one of them and hit "Upload Files."

I just did it now here. The only drawback is that the unedited screenshots I upload straight from my iPad photo library usually show up small here. There's probably a way to get a larger, higher resolution, I just haven't taken the time to figure that out yet. Might look into it now...Will update...

Attachment 30609
    If you read this whole thread you'll see discussion of tinypic, too. I'm using an iOS tablet too, so anything that applies to me also applies to you.
    Last edited by Bessville; 02-12-2019 at 08:03 PM.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

How to post a Screenshot for MacOS Mojave

Screenshot controls in macOS Mojave are provided by the free Screenshot app, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder. This app replaces the Grab app from earlier versions of macOS and it's super easy to use.

With Mojave you can crop, do full screens, videos or pictures, and more options.
    I simply retrieve the screenshot from Recents (in the next step) instead of actually adding the screenshot anywhere so it's a super fast two clicks.

Go to your Township. Click Shift-Command-5
    Lots of options to play with, the easiest is the first choice which is save the entire screen (far left). Click Capture (far right)

Go to Post a Message on the Township forum
    Click the picture icon and a popup window appears.
    Click ‘Basic Uploader’ on the lower righthand corner if it asks if you want to use Flash, you don’t need Flash for screenshots.

At the INSERT IMAGE' popup window:
    Click ‘From Computer’
    Click on ‘Choose File’ underneath that.
    This takes you to your computer’s files. Go to your Recents folder (fourth down). The screenshot will be the last file listed under ‘Today’ and it will be labeled as ‘screenshot’ followed by the date and time you took it.
    Click on it. This returns you to Townships popup window.
    Then click the ‘Upload File.’
    Easy as eating pie.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 505SunDog; 06-13-2019 at 02:40 AM.
    MacBook with MacOS Mojave
    Township Love & Peace
    Level 114

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    You can post a screenshot that's saved in your photo library without using iCloud. ...
    I just did it now here. The only drawback is that the unedited screenshots I upload straight from my iPad photo library usually show up small here. There's probably a way to get a larger, higher resolution, I just haven't taken the time to figure that out yet. Might look into it now...Will update...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    The one direct from my photo library is too small to be useful, as you say, Kitty. I'll wait and see whether anybody comes up with a way of getting a bigger version. Doesn't need to be massive, just big enough to see detail when you click on it..
    I just wanted to mention that it's the same procedure as described in Kitty's post on an Android device, and that it also works with the smaller pics as you / the reader can indeed click/tap on them to see them larger. This has even the advantage that you don't try to upload a huge file, as high resolution is bigger.

In any event, it might be necessary or helpful to switch to the other tab (the URL one) in between and UNcheck the 'reference locally'-box, as Downton described here. No idea why, but sometimes it only uploads after that, yes, also when using one's own pic, not only links.

ETA: adding part of the icons line in Edit mode, just to have it here:

Screenshot_20190612-Edit-Zeile Ausschnitt image-min.jpg <= tap/click to enlarge

xx
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-13-2019 at 05:37 AM. Reason: and want to say Thanks, 505SunDog, such a great idea! :)

I still find tinypic works best for me. Most of the images I need to upload are deliberately large, though, for update threads and the like.

Great to have that info for our Mac friends, SunDog, thank you
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff

I still find tinypic works best for me. Most of the images I need to upload are deliberately large, though, for update threads and the like.
    Yes, Mod.work certainly is different again. In normal show-whatever-beautiful things, I personally find the click-to-enlarge pics absolutely sufficient (also, since ImageShack became subject to a charge *g*), esp. if the reply quotes the whole thing! (to say 'great, that thing', lol)

Anyway, as usual, no contradiction, just an addition.

Great to have that info for our Mac friends, SunDog, thank you
    Not a great thing to share today, just visited the Tinypic site and read the Pop up overthere saying:

TinyPic is shutting down in 2019

TinyPic will be ending its image hosting service in 2019 because we can no longer support a free service that derives 100% of its revenue from ever declining on-site ad revenues.
    While you may continue to host images from our site until further notice, we encourage you to consider selecting one of the premium plans offered by our sister site, Photobucket.
    Thanks for using TinyPic for your hosting needs over the years. We apologize that we can no longer continue providing this service, but Photobucket is a great option going forward.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am sure this will have major impact of all pictures, screenshots and so on that we're posted through the years with the support of this program.
    Last edited by Bessville; 07-17-2019 at 09:29 AM. Reason: formatting/spambot
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 105/Android

Ruud, thanks so much for this information - I'll have to practice using these now too

It's probably best, though, just to give the name of the sites for people to look up rather than post direct links to them, since Playrix aren't responsible for what's at the other end of them at any given time
    Last edited by Bessville; 07-17-2019 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Referred to now-deleted post
    IMPORTANT:

Guys, thanks so much for this information - I'll have to practice using these now too

It's probably best, though, just to give the name of the sites for people to look up rather than post direct links to them, since Playrix aren't responsible for what's at the other end of them at any given time
    Thank you Bess for your comment after editing my post.
    I didn't notice the link in the text so very nice of you to help me with that

Fingers crossed that the end of the first site I mentioned doesn't mean a lot of uploaded pictures will vanish, but I am afraid it does..
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 105/Android

That's surprised me as I thought Anna had clarified that we could post links to pages that were relevant and useful. Also she said the rule hadn't actually changed from what it was before here. I'm not posting this to question anything other than Anna hopefully clarifying it more as I now dont feel like the issue was resolved in a way that everybody can understand it clearly. I did not assume it was just wiki pages as we could post links to other things before.

ETA Making a reference to the post I have now deleted.
    Last edited by Downton; 07-17-2019 at 03:13 PM.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 140/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    I am aware I should not start sentences with And & But etc. But I do it anyway
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .