Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Really? Chinese New Year

Really? Chinese New Year

Hey, players - we just squeezed you for money so you could send Valentine's to your friends.

NOW we are going to put up a Chinese New Year decoration that you can't purchase with the t-cash you have on hand. Nope! We are going to ask for another $20 bucks so you can get the Year of the Dog statue.

All class, Playrix. All class.

You can say, "Well, you don't have to buy it." You'd be right, and I won't. Just pointing out the fact they want you to spend MORE money on top of the money we just spent to buy t-cash, and many people saved some thinking they could get the CNY decos with what was already purchased.

Disgusting!

Yes, and I’m really disappointed they didn’t add some more decorations for Chinese New Year. If you’re going to charge us, throw some nice decos inthere too, not just the special offers.

Wow, that's disheartening I missed the previous Chinese New Year event...I had actually been hoping for/looking forward to the idea of a CNY event since last fall. When I heard this month's event would be Olympics related, I was a little disappointed, but I saw CNY marked on the calendar on FB so was expecting a chance to at least get some deco from the store. I have spent a lot of Tcash over the past week for Valentine's Day and Olympics but I made sure to budget some for Chinese New Year...guess that was for nothing. If the only option is to buy with real money (and $20+ as you suggest) then I'll have to pass. I understand it's Playrix's prerogative (and mine to skip the offer) - it just makes me a little sad. There's always next year I suppose. Thanks for the heads up Med.

I honestly didn't think there would be an event. With Olympics, Valentine's, and CNY all at the same time, I think it would be too much for another event.

I DID think they would have a few decos that could be purchased for t-cash. Alas, life will go on.

Today is a day for family and celebration, and eating - can't forget the eating!

Happy First Day of Chinese New Year to you all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Med View Post
    I honestly didn't think there would be an event. With Olympics, Valentine's, and CNY all at the same time, I think it would be too much for another event.

I DID think they would have a few decos that could be purchased for t-cash. Alas, life will go on.

Today is a day for family and celebration, and eating - can't forget the eating!

Happy First Day of Chinese New Year to you all!!
    Yes, once I realized all 3 of those coincided, I knew an event for Chinese New Year was out. Silly "last fall" me kind of forgot about the upcoming Olympics and I was also a little hazy on the date of CNY for 2018 - I was going off of last year's event that took place at the end of January. I wasn't putting much thought into it at the time or I would have done better research lol.

Some deco for T-cash is all I really wanted. I have no problem with them offering some special items that are bundled with a "real money" T-cash sale. But having no option to use my current Tcash towards any CNY deco is a bummer since I really wanted to add something to my town to represent that holiday/culture.

On another note...May the New Year bring everyone good luck, health and happiness!

Sorry if I am misunderstanding but you all weren’t offered decor for t-cash?
    I just had 6 new Chinese New Year decorations pop up in the decoration tab, I’d link a picture if I knew how, but that means some should be appearing on your screen soon as well!
    Last edited by Garfunkel; 02-16-2018 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Add number of new decor

Quote Originally Posted by Garfunkel View Post
    Sorry if I am misunderstanding but you all weren’t offered decor for t-cash?
    I just had 6 new Chinese New Year decorations pop up in the decoration tab, I’d link a picture if I knew how, but that means some should be appearing on your screen soon as well!
    Was just coming on here to update my response...I also just had a deco tab appear with 6 or 7 items I think that are purchasable with Tcash so I’m happy! I was basing my reply off of the OP’s statement. I’m sure she’ll be happy too

I'm really curious about the banner, if somebody will get it could you please share a screenshot?

That would be really great and much appreciated

Thanks, Lea

Excellent! When mine came up, the only thing under the Chinese lantern was the offer for the banner. There was nothing at all for t cash.

I'm glad it changed.

Attachment 23399Attachment 23406
    The second picture is what it looks like when you click on it. I was hoping for fireworks