Thread: Township On Chromebook As An Android App?

Township On Chromebook As An Android App?

Hi!

I was wondering if the anyone as tried to run Township on a Chromebook as an Android App or even if the app is compatible with the current version.

I'm looking to buy a 2-in-1 laptop for my girlfriend and she's a huge fan of Township on her (pretty terrible) tablet.

2-in-1 windows laptop looked like a good option except that most of the time apps don't exists on the Windows Store or, as an example for Township, you can't sync your android account with it the windows version.

Thanks!

A windows OS device would indeed not work directly, as the windows township app is a different version and you will not be able to connect with your android township nor your coop or any of your in game friends.

It's possible to run an android emulator, so you can theoretically run the android version of township from the emulator. However, this is not supported by Playrix so if you run into snags you're on your own. And apparently snags have been reported so ... usually I'd say YMMV, the milage looks very limited on this one.

I'm aware some chromebooks officially support android and the google play store, and some don't. Some have touchscreen, some don't. Models that do officially support android and the google play store and have a touchscreen should indeed run android Township, barring hardware requirements. So yeah, buy the right one and it should work, in theory. When in doubt, test it in a store?

Or maybe someone that actually plays Township on a chromebook could tell what model they play on.

It's getting better. This link may help.

How to Get Android Apps, Google Play Store on a Chromebook

it works, but I'm having trouble connecting to Facebook so I can play at the level I was at previously. I also bought a touchscreen Chromebook, the app installed and it looks beautiful

It runs fine with Bluestacks on a Win 10 PC. If you have Google Play Games it's backed up there so if you are running on Android now your game will be restored from Google.

Update: see the post by Graylady for a link to recent issues with Bluestacks.
    Last edited by Tarkus; 03-25-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
    It runs fine with Bluestacks on a Win 10 PC. If you have Google Play Games it's backed up there so if you are running on Android now your game will be restored from Google.
    Before recommending Bluestack, please read this whole discussion : https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...ight=bluestack

Thanks for the update Graylady. Looks like they made a change to purposely make Township incompatible with Bluestacks. Last time I played on Bluestacks was last month. I know Bluestacks has had a few updates this month. I only use it sometimes as a backup.