Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tasks I Can’t Complete

Tasks I Can’t Complete

I keep getting tasks for fisherman’s isle on my board, and even tho it’s unlocked I haven’t cleared it yet. Is this normal? I don’t believe I’ve ever gotten tasks on my board I wouldn’t be able to complete before, but I could be wrong...
    The only thing I’m worried about is one of these tasks showing up in a mystery box. Is that a possibility?

I’m a solo racer too, I don’t know if that makes a difference😄

I believe I've read some where that the mystery task won't be something that you cannot complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Chan View Post
    I believe I've read some where that the mystery task won't be something that you cannot complete.
    Nikki,
    I want to say I’ve heard that too so that makes me feel a bit better you have as well haha. I really hope that’s the case! I don’t wanna accidentally sabotage myself! Lol.
    Thanks for the quick response😄

Garfunkel, this is correct.

You will not get a task you cannot complete.

This is exactly why, at level 62, I still only have the first two islands. No tropical. No fish. Purely because I don't want to risk getting stuck with coconuts or shrimp or whatever for a mystery task.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

I have to disagree with this. As soon as you level up and unlock a new factory or island with new products, they will start appearing on your trains and planes and regatta tasks, too. The computer code for these things only looks at your level, not what things you have chosen to complete or not.

I'm honestly not sure. At your level you can complete the task but of course you'd have to clear the island first. That takes 60 hours but you only have 48 hours to complete the task. You may be able to speed up the clearing with cash. And Lisa is right about products appearing as soon as you are eligible to make them by virtue of level.

So while Playrix says you won't get a mystery task you cannot complete, in this case I don't know how the game views your capability to complete it. If I were you I'd stay on the safe side by not picking a mystery, unless you don't mind forfeiting one.

I agree - you get tasks based on your level (or if you are in a co-op with others, based on the highest level of your members), not whether or not you have built whatever is available at that level yet. If you are eligible to build it or unlock it, you can see those tasks on your task board.

Tasks are based on co-op level, and if you have several people at a higher level than you, you will see tasks on your board that are greyed out with "level N required".

The mystery tasks are different. All mystery tasks can (in theory) be completed without spending TC. Although the island is available, if you have not opened it, you will not get a task for that island.

Mr N and I frequently fight over who's gonna grab the next mystery task first. I've had tasks for the first two islands (peaches and grapes), and hot products. He's a couple levels behind me (high 50s), only opened the first island (although he could have all four), and still not opened the zoo. He never gets mystery tasks for any of the things still unopened.

Meanwhile, people in my co-op were getting coconuts the very first season of mystery tasks.

It's a gamble task. You could get what I just had: HoL followed by silk (grrr), but you'll not get a task you can't complete without cash.

I said "in theory" because if you take a mystery and it's timed (feed animals, say), and you're about to go to work/school/bed/whatever, you could be stuck, but, it's still a task you can complete without cash as far as the game's concerned.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Thanks for the info everyone!

Nevada that makes me feel much better!😄
    So far the mystery tasks haven’t let me down, well except for giving me a ship task in my prime playing time haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post

You will not get a task you cannot complete.
    Nevada, if I got your 2nd reply right, it means here "You will not get a mystery task you cannot complete."?
    or "...not get a regatta task you cannot complete."?

cos in heli and plane it can happen, with the scenario Garfunkel described, and does, as it seems. (Just that the advice in this case is to either dump the order or to buy from dealer, market or ask for coop help)