Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cinema Season Is Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Well, guess I am alone in not caring for these Seasonal decorations. Lea did a marvelous job in using them in her Town. Great movie vignette.

I am thinking of trying out the Camera guys in my Western town - as though they are filming a Western scene. The rest - meh.
    You're certainly NOT alone: me and my teammate don't like these cinemadeco either!

The only think I love is the platform.
    I have bought the fountain because I have way too many points, but it's way too big, so not fitting in my filmcorner...

And the other stuff, well, plain NO thanx...... A shame, I had hoped to put several in my filmcorner, but ended up with just 1....

I liked most deco in previous season regattas, but this time.....

PS I like your western-idea

I'm so burnt on misery tasks.

Sure, when you draw a cheap mining / HoL task it's sweet.

But then you draw 9 hats or 9 strawberry icecreams and you know you're likely not finishing any tasks that day. If you're luck your production queue was rather empty. If you're truly fortunate it just happened to have the exact product on the shelves.

And then you draw a harvest X rubber/silk. This takes your fields hostage, and will hinder some production queues as a result as well. Terribad.

Worst is when you draw one and your fields are fullish and you end up with a task that has you demanding you wake up at 3:00 AM to harvest or you'll fail the task. I think I'm fairly fanatic at this game. But I'm really not fanatic enough to do that. This is the pits. Urgh. Territerriterribad.

So TL;DR: no more misery tasks for me.
    Blue trashcan: dumping has no effect on current race, only deducts points from Global score (Global Leaderboard etc.)
    Red trashcan: DON'T USE unless you really wish to lose those points in your race!

Android Township player, township name Vuurvlinderstad
    Coop: De Oranjetompoucen, tag #DEQ8WE

Hi Zelda. The camera platform worked out very well in my Western town.

6DAC0BA2-D686-4786-A639-0B85BDB62E66.jpg
    Last edited by Nana; 02-13-2018 at 01:20 PM.
    Level 146
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Vuurvl View Post
    I'm so burnt on misery tasks.

And then you draw a harvest X rubber/silk. This takes your fields hostage, and will hinder some production queues as a result as well. Terribad.

Worst is when you draw one and your fields are fullish and you end up with a task that has you demanding you wake up at 3:00 AM to harvest or you'll fail the task. This is the pits. Urgh. Territerriterribad.

So TL;DR: no more misery tasks for me.
    Yep! Well stated, Vuurvl!👍
    I’d like to go back to the good ‘ol days like this! Now that’s SWEET and one can plan ahead!😹😻

Yeah it did!
    I love this idea, it looks great!
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

Yes, I know my moustache is lovely. Unfortunately that doesn't solve the current problem.

I am not a huge fan of the cinema decos either, with the exception of the fountain.

Previously racing in a large co-op I loved the mystery tasks, in fact they went like hot cakes. Now racing solo they make me a whole lot more nervous. Which is a bummer, because the extra tokens are nice. I've always hated any form of crate task, gag. I used to like the 8 boats to fisherman isle, perfect overnight task, but now solo I don't race overnight. My islands still need a bunch of upgrading to.... Ah well, I'd rather have the combos, those could be prepped for.
    Peeps Town
    Grin&Win ~ #KY8JKD
    Level ~ 111 Zoo ~ 40
    Device ~ Kindle Fire HD 8
    Playing since 2014, with about a year break in there somewhere.
    Racing solo since 1/22/18.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuurvl View Post
    I'm so burnt on misery tasks. <snip...>
    Misery, Mystery, Potato, PotAto, same difference.

Just when I was out, they pull me back in (apologies to Don Corleone).

So I finished a regular "send 11 ships to Frutus", just sent the last one off. Found an easy task on the board and did that. Then went for a mystery task, "send 10 ships to Frutus". Now I have to wait for the first set to return before I can even start counting ships sent. Well, there goes 6 hours.

Now I remember why I swore off mystery tasks the last time they came around.

You brought me on the idea I might move it from one spot to anoher, every week or so.
    First starting in my filmcorner, filming a spooky lantern

0C659F2E-2923-4CE5-B5F3-73048D6E2050.jpg

I did two mystery 135 tasks.
    4×HOL
    45 mining ore task

137 x silk.

I was lulled into a false sense of security by the mystery HoL.
    I should know better.

Question now is: will this finally teach me to leave the question mark alone?
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

Yes, I know my moustache is lovely. Unfortunately that doesn't solve the current problem.