Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 09.02 The Snowboarding Challenge in Township!

09.02 The Snowboarding Challenge in Township!

Hey, Townshippers! Grab your boards to take part in our #asTOWNishing SNOWBOARDING CHALLENGE!

🏂 Participate in the first snowboard race!
    ❄ Produce snow at a special factory to keep racing and setting new records!
    🥇 Enjoy 2 new profile pictures given for personal and competition achievements.
    🏆 Check out temporary goods at factories and 9 sports decorations in the store.

Ride like a pro and good luck!

Natasha, absolutely love it! Please tell our Devs thank you, totally a new spin on our Events. Also, the decorations "rock," and I was so excited to see the "New Record Fountain" back, now I can add more to the "zillion" I got the first time (lol)
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

Thank you Playrix! What a fun new event! Happy to be able to get my hands on an Olympic Fountain!
    Peeps Town
    Grin&Win ~ #KY8JKD
    Level ~ 117 Zoo ~ 165
    Device ~ Kindle Fire HD 8
    Playing since 2014, with breaks here and there.
    Racing solo since 1/22/18.

Thank you Natasha, very cute event. I am terrible at navigating the trees and such, but definately fun.

The decorations and goods are all precious, I will have so many new things in my town!
    Town: Morgan's Landing (Level 107)
    Gold league Co-op: Moonlit Estuary #M2Q45N
    iOS system (iPad) Friend Code #JDFN5V
    FB Group: Moonlit Estuary @ Township

Stop by my town & zoo for a visit, always a work in progress.
    Scotties Rule!

I just wonder if any Playrix employees actually tried to maneuver this snowboarder. It seems it is delayed when jumping or changing lanes.

The controls are pretty bad. Sometimes instead of changing lanes when I swipe, it will jump, leading to a crash. Sometimes I try to jump, and it won't jump in time, leading to a crash. Went through too much T-Cash before I decided I would not spend any more on this mini game. I noticed something similar that sometimes happened with with the fishing game, when the lure would go out of control and fly to the top and then crash to the bottom, which resulted in a grey fish and wasted resources to buy that lure. I feel the same way here -- bad controls lead to wasting the resources I used to buy that turn. It is not a good feeling.

I would also like to say I am tired of the arcade mini games. If I wanted to play arcade games, I would. I play games like Township because I like strategy and building games. The match-3 games, cooking games, and events like the Easter or Halloween are cool, but I, for one, do not like the "twitchy" games, especially when the controls are wonky. But I do love Township overall!

The same thing happens to me, Sarila. I often find myself jumping when I really meant to switch lanes, and I have a really hard time switching across 2 lanes at once. I'm still trying to get a feel for it, though. If I crash and I don't have a helmet, I just end it and try again.

Welcome to the forum!
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 115
    Wildscapes Level: 546 (Max Level)
    Wildscapes Areas Finished: Asian Jungle, African Savannah & Arctic Tundra
    Forum Member: December 2015

I double checked in settings that I’ve turned on notifications for using t-cash.
    Just wonder why that doesn’t include events like this one?

Happily/Stine
    #endurance

Quote Originally Posted by Happily View Post
    I double checked in settings that I’ve turned on notifications for using t-cash.
    Just wonder why that doesn’t include events like this one?

Happily/Stine
    #endurance
    That's a good question. It should.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 115
    Wildscapes Level: 546 (Max Level)
    Wildscapes Areas Finished: Asian Jungle, African Savannah & Arctic Tundra
    Forum Member: December 2015

Why are there obstacles on the snowboarding course? If you don't want us to win, or enjoy ourselves, just don't put up the mini games. Putting trees and snowmen on the course is cheating!