Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Snowboarding Event 2018: Whose Team Are You On?

Quote Originally Posted by Garfunkel View Post
    I chose Peggy’s team because I thought her profile picture was the cutest😂😂 I was hoping that maybe it would be a new avatar picture I could win lol.
    I too chose her because she was cute. It’s not as if we had a lot to go on.

I'm on Betsy's team. Having a great time playing.

I feel this race wasn’t fair because how would the numbers even out. 100 people could’ve picked Betsy’s team and only 20 picked Peggy. I DONT SEE HOW THIS EVENT WAS FAIR. PLEASE NEXT TIME DONT LET US BE ABLE TO CHOOSE. THERE IS NO WAY ALL 3 TEAMS WERE EVEN. Other than that I loved this game and I picked Peggy’s team. Sorry I’m late to post. Lol

Concern about choosing own team for event challenge

Ok guys, I know it was awesome being able to choose our own teams for the snowboarding event but..... I began thinking how fair could this really be considering what if 100 people were playing and 50 picked (forgive me, I don’t remember their names) the sheep, 25 picked the pig and 25 picked the cow? That’s not even and the sheep are guaranteed to win. Does anyone else understand what I’m saying? This is not fair for those who spent a lot of time trying to win or spent money. No matter how much you spend, if you’re on one of the 25 player team then it makes no difference. I know. I spent $52 for tcash (1 time i spent $40 and the other I spent $ 12) and I didn’t put a dent in the score and I came in 3rd with my competition. I absolutely love this game but I feel it’s becoming money hungry. Everything I want has to do with money. All the holiday decorations and winning regatta especially. It’s becoming ridiculous. I CANNOT WIN REGATTA IF I DONT SPEND TCASH. Yes I like to win for the rewards and the gold cups on my stats. I haven’t won a race in weeks. It’s becoming discouraging. I mostly play for decorations cuz I love decorations but once again you gota have mad tcash if you want any good decorations. Ugh WHAT GIVES TOWNSHIP????? PLEASE STOP MAKING THIS GAME ABOUT $$$$$

First, I'll start out by acknowledging that the rewards given for team placement were not very significant and the difference between gold, silver and bronze was minimal (difference of 1-2 Tcash, different kind of ingots given).

However, I do agree with the overall idea that choosing our own teams (or even having the game assign us a team) is not "fair." When people get to choose their own team, then the teams have uneven amounts of participants. Many people start the events late (I didn't choose my team until day 2) at which point there was already a clear leader, and that probably only encouraged more people to pick Team Betsy (I picked her because of it). Someone else suggested that the game should assign you to teams, so that they could be filled evenly. However, I've participated in contests that do this and it never feels fair either. There is still a possibility that the teams will not be evenly matched by skill/hard work (Ex: most of the big spenders/high point earners just happen to get placed on Team A, whereas more of the relaxed people get placed on Team C). There will still be many very hard workers/high point earners on Team C that will settle for third place prizes simply because overall there team was weaker and there is really nothing they could do to overtake Team A. The top 10% of players on Team C would have worked harder than the Bottom 10% players on Team A, yet they get worse prizes because they had bad luck when teams were assigned.

Now, if an event like this ever comes around again, this would be my solution to this issue: Have what team you are on be a mystery for the whole race and only find out after the race is over. Playrix would get all the event results. The participants who were among the top 33% of scorers would be assigned the Gold Team and prizes; the middle 34% would be assigned Silver; the bottom 33% would be assigned Bronze. This way your individual participation would always correlate with the prize you receive.

I do see some limitations with my idea...first, I don't know for sure that Playrix can rank every single players and divide them up as proposed (though since past events had global leader boards I suspect it is possible). We would not be able to see a running count of each teams scores as the race progressed since no one would be "assigned" a team until the race was over. To address this, I suggest playrix either just show the overall total points earned by everyone, or they could make a mock competition where we see all three teams "racing" against each other and constantly switching positions for 1-2-3 with a Question Mark at the finish line or something like that. It wouldn't mean anything, but would give the illusion of suspense. Also, I understand that some people (most likely the ones who do not put a lot of effort into the events) would be disappointed that the team prizes were still tied to individual performance. Not everyone can devote all their energy to this game, and I'm sure there were many members on Team Betsy that did poorly in their individual competition but got enjoyment out of having selected the team that won 1st in the global competition.

It is impossible to ever please anyone, but those are my thoughts.
    Last edited by kitty4715; 02-25-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Molly’s team