Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Regatta Tasks & Reservations

Quote Originally Posted by joschuu View Post
    <snip> Also, if the leader has authority to remove a reservation during “hard setting”, that would cause drama again and that’s where the timer comes in. Then again, if there are rules set up for reserving certain tasks and that a player chose that certain task then allowing leaders to be able to remove due to their rules would be needed or they can choose to dump the task. <snip>
    Yeah, I wanted to leader to be able to "undo it" when somebody reserves an HOL. Even before the game had the feature, most co-ops that allowed some form of reservations restricted it to the longer duration task, certainly not the easy ones like mining, HOL, feeding animals, etc. A "hard" reservation system would have to provide a "safety valve".

Just a quick note on length of reservation, kinda...

In my co-op, we are using the reserve, don’t really have any rules, and haven’t really had any issues baring a couple tasks disappearing right at the beginning. Because we’ve been together a while now, we all tend to have an idea of who’s on which times of day, and so when a reserve is potentially going to be started.
    If there’s any concern, we use chat. “I’ve got shrimp reserved because they’re all sitting at my dock, but I’m going to bed in about an hour and (current task) won’t be done by then, so in the morning I’ll complete this and shrimp both in five minutes, around 7am GMT.

It’s still not ideal but could help in the meantime.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

”What if this storm ends, and leaves us nothing,
    Except a memory; a distant echo”.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Just a quick note on length of reservation, kinda...

In my co-op, we are using the reserve, don’t really have any rules, and haven’t really had any issues baring a couple tasks disappearing right at the beginning. Because we’ve been together a while now, we all tend to have an idea of who’s on which times of day, and so when a reserve is potentially going to be started.
    If there’s any concern, we use chat. “I’ve got shrimp reserved because they’re all sitting at my dock, but I’m going to bed in about an hour and (current task) won’t be done by then, so in the morning I’ll complete this and shrimp both in five minutes, around 7am GMT.

It’s still not ideal but could help in the meantime.
    Totally agree, it’s still not ideal because there are just too many factors around the issue.

I’ve only suggested in my previous post that may make an improvement but to be honest, it’s like taking a further step back. Leave the reserve button as is but with the option of having to see how long the reservation has been reserved for. Then it’ll all be up to the team to communicate how to go about the reserved task in place.

I’m in the same position as Nevada that we don’t really have an issue with reserving and that we communicate and give courtesy to each other.
    Last edited by joschuu; 02-20-2018 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Fix wording.

Take Back Task Reservations

We have found that task reserving is causing more harm than not and were actually wondering if you could make it optional for the co-op leader to activate or unactivate reserving. Not everyone is on during the same hours so tasks just sit while others are on able to work on them but cannot.

Junior Member Maggie Miller Williams's Avatar
    Nooooooooooo!!!!!!
    Township Level:83
    Town: Maggie Valley
    CoOp: La Joya del Mar
    Friend Code: QWM927
    CoOp Tag: #CRSZ5D

Shine bright like a diamond!

You can set rules for reserving tasks. Some co-ops set a time limit for how long a member can reserve tasks. If they exceed the time limit, the reservation is ignored and the task becomes available for everyone again. You can also decide which tasks are allowed to be reserved and which are not. For example, easy ones like HoL, mining and feeding tasks should not be reserved as they're quickies.

OR you can just not use the feature. Tell your co-op that they're not allowed to reserve tasks. Any reservations made will be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Fay Vallies View Post
    so tasks just sit while others are on able to work on them but cannot.
    additionally to Lurkville's very good advice, the hint re the word "cannot": reserved tasks can indeed be taken by someone else.
    But it should be made clear in the Coop, when that is "allowed".

Reserving tasks should be abolished. Task reservations is a very bad feature. It needs to be removed, regardless.

Abolish The Task Reservation System

Abolish the Task Reservation System. It's the worst feature EVER.

I'm afraid you'll find that most players are delighted that the reserve feature was added, it was on the Frequently Suggested Ideas list for a long time now..
    There has been quite some extensive discussions on this topic recently here on the forum, some co-ops found it difficult to adapt using it, others had a more smoother transition.
    These are the threads in case you are interested to take a look:
    New Reserve Task Option (Merged Thread)
    Reserving Tasks
    Reserving Task-First Week

Either way, do you have some arguments for your request, beside "it's the worst feature ever"? Why's that? What kind of problems did your co-op ran into since the feature was implemented?