Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regatta Tasks: Reduce Dumping

Quote Originally Posted by Crazydude123 View Post
    Try doing the task and stop trying to be first one done not a race on who finish faster no points for that so you got to work to get your points and plan ahead called being a good player when you can pick any task that is 135 points and still get all 15 task done and good team that is how you get on leader board not bye dumping the ones you don't want
    For one thing, the post you’re replying to is several months old.

For another, when you’re in golden league and many other teams do perfect scores of 16 x 135, speed does matter. When multiple teams score the same points as each other, their position in the race is dictated by who scored then fastest. That affects not only your rewards, but also your position bonus, which matters to those competing for the Global Leaderboard.

The very best teams need 30/30 players, doing 135 x 16, coming 1st in their races, and doing so with low dumps.

OT:

Speaking of threads being old... Where the heck is Vuurvl at anyways?
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    OT:

Dunno, was wondering the same thing recently..

I feel dumb replying to old threads. crazydude stop looking for old threads lol the topic nevertheless still relevant judging from threads in the regatta forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    OT:

am wondering, too. And in Gardenscapes, Obtuse vanished.

but here, also thommmes retired as Mod w/o a word now, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdelacr View Post
    the topic nevertheless still relevant judging from threads in the regatta forum.
    certainly is. I couldn't see, though, whom you were replying to, even when switching to hybrid mode (using linear usually); didn't find the 143 you mentioned. So, as hint and request, it would help in every reply to have a tiny little bit quoted at least, just a relevant bit, or use the name of the addressee at least - also in newer threads One never knows who has replied 'in between', while we are typing, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cathy russell View Post
    i love the idea of removing the dump button. Lol! Then instead of people complaining about all the dumping it would be people begging for the return of the dump option. Without a dump option the final race scores would be all over the place meaning perhaps anyone could be a winner then?
    (^︶^) (^︺^) (^∪^) (=^_^=) ( ̄▽ ̄)(ˇˍˇ) (⊙ˍ⊙) (๑˘ ₃˘๑) (◕‿◕)

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    certainly is. I couldn't see, though, whom you were replying to, even when switching to hybrid mode (using linear usually); didn't find the 143 you mentioned. So, as hint and request, it would help in every reply to have a tiny little bit quoted at least, just a relevant bit, or use the name of the addressee at least - also in newer threads One never knows who has replied 'in between', while we are typing, lol.
    I was responding to a few things but quoting became a hassle since I am on my phone.
    I meant 134, not 143 or dumped task dumped by the OP lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jdelacr View Post
    I meant 134, not 143 or dumped task dumped by the OP lol
    lol, excellent example then for what I said.
    Editing a quote, f.e. to make it shorter, isn't easy handling on the tablet either, btw, but I didn't mean to single you out anyway. And sorry this extra-stuff became longer than my confirmation to your quoted text

Maybe DIVIDE dump option into a dump with options
    { 1. Free . Change task same or better points
    2. 1 tcash . Random task, points at least 1 higher
    3. __ tcash. Random 135 point task.
    4. ___ tcash. 135 point version of the current task. }
    Maybe the dump count goes up more than one for some options. ( Maybe some options the dumper gets the assigned task now for extra tcash .. but task starts in 30 minutes without paying extra, and if they don't pay extra slot is tied up twice as long unless someone else pays.)

Interseasonal: REQUEST -- Please add a chest ( can be "available after timer" or pay) after each multiple of 3 tasks finished instead of after a chest is completed. ( Current setup PREVENTS coops with over 12 people from having available tasks at times.... ie. If 12 chests are 2/3 done, then there are only 12 tasks either in progress or available, & up to 18 players that can't select any task.)