View Poll Results: Automatically take us to towns gold balloons?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 19.35%
  • No

25 80.65%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gold Balloons - Take Us There Automatically

Thanks dreadnought for the info. Many seasoned cooks in this kitchen, lol. I am one but I need some neophytes, not elders who have a routine that works for them therefore not willing to compromise so we all can get what we want to enjoy the game. Why is it I’m only hearing from naysayers? Gotta be at least one other player who thinks like I do! Yowza

How do I get my clan info under my name? I am new at this posting thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TayRich View Post
    How do I get my clan info under my name? I am new at this posting thing.
    Click on "Settings" in the upper right corner of the page (next to your username), and on the left side you'll find a panel with options. Under "my settings" you can find edit signature. Click on that and enter the text you want to be shown under each post you write. Then "save signature" and done.

As for your other point, the "Why is it I’m only hearing from naysayers?" i would guess it's because most players (especially long-time players) who are most active on the forum, find the balloons un-worthy to be opened (waste of t-cash), so they wouldn't want to have one pop-up every time they go help a friend. But i do like your perseverance, keep at it, maybe someone will come along and rally for your balloon idea

I also remember reading the info here in one of the New to TS-threads (and see it happening in game also), that the balloons become more visible, even intrusive, during your day. At first they are small and far away, then they are closer when you enter a town, up to the point they appear in your town finally.
    So, especially for ppl who spend a lot of time in the game, it will happen that they can't be overlooked anymore, so to speak.
    As I said I'm experiencing it, and remember, Playrix wants us to open them with spending Tcash, so it's probably true. IMO that's also the reason that one sometimes "inadvertently click on it", when one came to help someone, as Will said above. They simply come closer *g*.

As others have said, I'd also prefer doing my thing as I wanted to than being pushed around. I stand the sea chest journey cos it is only once a day and indeed for a free gift.

Because of these reasons, I would rather keep it as it is also.

yet another way of playing, BTW: I have been reluctantly following the advice here, not to open the balloons, although my impression was always that I usually get more tcash than I invest. But ok, not to risk anything and math arguments convinced me. As a consolation, I allow myself to open the chests in the mine.
    Last edited by _DD_; 02-03-2018 at 10:31 PM. Reason: balloons, not chests...

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post

yet another way of playing, BTW: I have been reluctantly following the advice here, not to open the chests, although my impression was always that I usually get more tcash than I invest. But ok, not to risk anything and math arguments convinced me. As a consolation, I allow myself to open the chests in the mine.
    I like to open the mine chests too, they tend to have cash, coins or lately I've been getting some boards out of them. The floating balloons tempt me, but it seems like whenever I actually open one I usually get a stick of dynamite or one of the barn upgrade tools I don't need... Not worth 3 tcash.
    Peeps Town
    Grin&Win ~ #KY8JKD
    Level ~ 117 Zoo ~ 165
    Device ~ Kindle Fire HD 8
    Playing since 2014, with breaks here and there.
    Racing solo since 1/22/18.

What! There are some out there feelings. I don’t think of the game as a living, breathing entity, so it can’t push me around. No matter what the rules of play are, we retain the ability and power to react as we choose.

That’s why I see no big deal to go there automatically instead of resizing towns or as the last post said, wait for the growing balloon to just “show up in my town”! I have yet to see that. Nor have I seen it double in size and track me like a mobile blob. Lol. I will look for the new to TS thread to read about the mobility of these gold balloons.

Each of us has a unique experience playing the game that cannot be duplicated by another player. Which is why the more options we have to play the game, the better. We shouldn’t rain on each other’s balloons or sea chest or mine chests nor any other element of play. I have the right to have the option to do it as it is your right not to. It is only a game after all.
    Town Ship Name: *NPG* TayRich $$$$
    Co-op: NEVApleadGUILTY
    Co-op tag: #NEVE6K
    Level: 97
    Co-op is friendly, but competitive!
    **Come Visit And Stay Awhile**

Quote Originally Posted by TayRich View Post
    What! There are some out there feelings. I don’t think of the game as a living, breathing entity, so it can’t push me around. No matter what the rules of play are, we retain the ability and power to react as we choose.
    I don't understand what "out there feelings" are, but I can say that there seems to be a misunderstanding in your understanding of what I said. I meant to say that I see exactly what you are asking for, the automatic lead or "drive" to the balloon when entering a town - just like the being brought to the sea chest - as being pushed, or drawn very fast, like a roller coaster or somesuch. OTOH, I did not say you "have to" wait in your town for the balloons, the less instead of your wish; I was just reporting a game feature that was described here, that I have seen, and that MIGHT help a bit (if you wanted to listen, that is ).
    Main reason here is that English is not my mother tongue and my wording was and is maybe too literal, colourful, whatever - no idea, I'm rather dropping out of this conversation than trying to explain it further.
    BTW, we are not talking about "rights" here, but wishes and opinions. That many have a different one than you is something you will simply have to live with.
    Happy gaming!
    Last edited by Nevada; 02-03-2018 at 07:15 AM. Reason: My bad. No edit added.

Nice to have the poll - re whether we want/not want to be automatically taken there.

I find that going thru my list of friends... and going to someone I haven't seen in a while, or someone who is at a low level - when I pop their balloon - I get a better prize.

Now did I just jinx myself by saying this?
    Sandy aka truck taz
    Level 184
    Co-op: Merry Musketeers
    At max of in-game friends but pending works well ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I also remember reading the info here in one of the New to TS-threads (and see it happening in game also), that the balloons become more visible, even intrusive, during your day. At first they are small and far away, then they are closer when you enter a town, up to the point they appear in your town finally.
    It drives me crazy when this happens - when I visit someone’s town to help, and I have to ‘zoom out’ just to be able to click on the airport without clicking on the balloon. I do not wish to pay Tcash to open balloons, so I definitely don’t want to be automatically taken to them multiple times a day. It would make me go bonkers. LOL.
    Town: Port de Sea
    Co-op: Sunnycliff
    Co-op Code: #Q42CU7
    Friend Code: RR4CHH
    Town Level: 81
    Zoo Level: 20

It’s just a game.
    Town Ship Name: *NPG* TayRich $$$$
    Co-op: NEVApleadGUILTY
    Co-op tag: #NEVE6K
    Level: 97
    Co-op is friendly, but competitive!