View Poll Results: Automatically take us to towns gold balloons?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 19.35%
  • No

25 80.65%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Balloons - Take Us There Automatically

I would rather not be taken to the balloon, since it will only tempt me to pay to open it. I try not to open them because they always take more tcash than they give. I would rather forget about them, whereas I don't want to forget about the island chests because they are free gifts.
    Peeps Town
    Grin&Win ~ #KY8JKD
    Level ~ 117 Zoo ~ 165
    Device ~ Kindle Fire HD 8
    Playing since 2014, with breaks here and there.
    Racing solo since 1/22/18.

Quote Originally Posted by TayRich View Post
    Thanks guys for the great tips, especially the one about making the town I’m visiting smaller. Players have their airports in different places and the balloons are not always near them. I was not aware that we get only 5 balloons a day. That being said, no one complains about being automatically directed to the sea treasure chest which we get only once a day. But don’t like the idea for gathering five balloons? I don’t understand this way of thinking.
    Sorry TayRich, hard when people don't agree with you sometimes, but that's the great thing about the Forum, we get to "agree to disagree," and move on. Many who have been playing a long time, don't care much about the ballons (except for the free one of course ), and as Pink says, there are only five, so I wouldn't waste too much time searching for them . Just because this idea may not be an "automatic direct hit" (lol), doesn't mean your next idea won't be.
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

Thanks guys for the great tips, especially the one about making the town I’m visiting smaller. Players have their airports in different places and the balloons are not always near them. I was not aware that we get only 5 balloons a day. That being said, no one complains about being automatically directed to the sea treasure chest which we get only once a day. But don’t like the idea for gathering five balloons? I don’t understand this way of thinking.
    I don't know, just guessing, but, possibly because the ocean chest is free, whereas balloons have to be paid for?
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

Lol, it’s funny to read these. I have been playing at least 3 years as well. Although it doesn’t matter to some, it matters to others. It’s a simple fix To shrinking towns, scanning train, finding the airport. Takes u there 5 times a day. The sea chest takes u once a day. There used to be a lot of gripping about making it easier to find the chest and therefore not missing it every 24 hours. Same deal here.

Lol, it’s funny to read these. I have been playing at least 3 years as well. Although it doesn’t matter to some, it matters to others. It’s a simple fix To shrinking towns, scanning train, finding the airport. Takes u there 5 times a day. The sea chest takes u once a day. There used to be a lot of gripping about making it easier to find the chest and therefore not missing it every 24 hours. Same deal here.
    That's true TayRich, we all care about different things for sure. Like if they put "decorations" in the ballons, I would be buying everyone (lol). Wish we would have known you were a long time player, so I will "lock that one" in my brain when you post again. Glad you decided to join the Forum. Happy Gaming.
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

While I currently open every balloon and every chest, there was a time when my t-cash was not as abundant and I avoided these (which was really painful when doing a mining task and not opening chests).

But that said, I like the fact that I am taken directly to either the plane/trains when help is required. But I wouldn't want to go directly to a balloon. Heck I always hated it when, during that time of low t-cash, the gold balloon was floating right over the airport and I would inadvertently click on it rather than getting directly in to assist with the person's request.

And as a final note about the comparison to the daily sea chest. If you are needing to ALSO go to an island, you ALWAYS know where the respective islands are located. That is not the case when in another person's town when searching for the airport.
    Last edited by Will9455Nikki; 02-01-2018 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

Where are all the thinkers like me, lol, they have to be out there somewhere. Perhaps by the time I have played this game 10 years, they will have found me. In the meantime, I will continue to look for my Gold Balloons , lol.

Contrary to what I have been told by some of the respondents to this post, my first balloon was not free!! Lol

Contrary to what I have been told by some of the respondents to this post, my first balloon was not free!! Lol
    There is one free balloon every 24h. The time resets at midnight, the same time you get the message with the reward for the consecutive day log-in. If you opened a balloon after midnight, you won't get another free one until the next day.

I assumed the purpose of the balloons in other towns was to encourage us to take a cruise around our friends' towns and appreciate their creativity. It forces you to explore.

I do find it a little annoying to be taken to the sea chest, and the mine chests are sometimes in the way. And since I don't open anything but the first free balloon, this suggestion would annoy me too, sorry.
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 102 iOS
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9