Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Activate / Deactivate Reserve Feature for Regatta Tasks

Quote Originally Posted by Akrouse View Post
    My Co-op would like to be able to steal a mining task reservation if it’s been reserved for over so many hours
    There should be no reason for anyone to reserve a mining task. There is no preparation needed, you can do it, or you can't.
    While it is very hard to get a whole co-op to follow the rules that work toward the good of the whole co-op, that's what needs to happen. Reserve should be ONLY for tasks that can be prepped for, 2 ship trips, production, and only reserve crops for as long as 1st harvest.
    And if anyone cannot work for the common good of the co-op, they should move to an easier one.
    May sound harsh, but I take pride in my co-op leader standing up for those of us that respect our co-op and work hard for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HelpersAllAboardSerenity View Post
    There should be no reason for anyone to reserve a mining task. There is no preparation needed, you can do it, or you can't.
    My co-op disagrees. We reserve mining tasks for the same reason as any other, to say "I plan to do this task next." The opinions about reserves are pretty strong, but they're still opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Veganville View Post
    My co-op disagrees. We reserve mining tasks for the same reason as any other, to say "I plan to do this task next." The opinions about reserves are pretty strong, but they're still opinions.
    I AGREE but we are a group of four members we know what each one likes so it's not been an issue for us.

I agree that there should be a way the Leader can enable or disable the Reservation system. It's caused way too many nasty arguments and tore my co-op apart....

Here's a copy of a post I did elsewhere.

"If you are in a competitive co-op, and going for 135 points tasks, only 3 or 4 seem to come up on the board at any one time. Even if you keep dumping lower ones.

So, if you have 25 people racing and 4 of them reserve a task, that leaves 21 players having to wait and check back for the next available task. Or they have to "Steal" a reserved task. I HATE stealing a task. But when you're in a close race, you need to get the tasks done faster than the other team, so you NEED to Steal the tasks. I hate doing it, and it's already caused some nasty arguments.

To make matters worse, there are a few players that reserve a task and don't even get to it for over 8 HOURS!!! That's just plain selfish and not helpful to winning a Regatta as a TEAM!!!

Think about it.... There are 12 spots for Tasks and you have a 25 person team, if 4 tasks get reserved, then that leaves just 8 Task spots for the other 21 people. AND, if those 4 reserved tasks are 135 pointers, the odds of any of the other 8 coming up as 135 pointers is slim...

Reserving tasks is NOT a fair or helpful addition to this game.

PLAYRIX MISSION - We bring joy to millions of people by creating high quality games.

No Joy here with the addition of reservations......"

I’ve established rules concerning task reservations and I have a time limit on how long something can be reserved. If either of these are broken, I simply unreserved the persons task if they don’t respond to being asked to remove the reservation. And since I promote all members to Elder to take advantage of reserving/dumping, I use the demotion to “member” status as a form of penalizing repeat offenders for the remainder of the current Regatta and for the next. It really works very well. I just advise not giving up all together on the reserve feature. I tried lots of different guidelines concerning reservations until we found something that worked well and keeps a good rotation of task with only 3 or 4 being reserved at one time. It can be done! But leadership has to be strict on the rules otherwise it will fall apart pretty fast. Lol! But I did at one point wish there was an on/off feature when we were still figuring this thing out too. Lol! Best of luck guys!