Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Co-op League: Platinum League (Merged Thread)

Platinum League Emphasize # Tasks Completed

I would like to see a platinum league for regatta that stresses number of tasks completed
    Some rule ideas
    1. Must be a coop of 20 or more members to advance to platinum league
    2. All racers on team must be racing and complete 16 tasks to advance to platinum league
    3. To compete in platinum league must have 20 or more members in coop and all members must be racing
    4. To stay in platinum league must have 20 or more members, all racing and all racers must complete 20 tasks
    5. Platinum league would have 25 tasks available and a 26th for 20 tcash
    6. Winning would be based on number of tasks completed by the team member with the lowest number of tasks followed by team total score
    7. Teams on the global leaderboard would be the teams with the highest score of the teammate with the least tasks completed in which the team has the least number of dumps with that score
    8. Platinum trophy with # of wins player has achieved in the platinum league posted above it

Happy racing for all of us bored with golden and tired of running out of tasks halfway through race
    Last edited by Stacy Anderson; 12-13-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Interesting ideas. But I would suggest keeping it at 10 tc for extra task.

I will quite happily stay out of such a league. 16 tasks is far too many to slog through week after week. This is meant to be a game not a job?

Awesome ideas, something like this would perhaps be fun enough to end my solo racing project.
    Last edited by Happily; 07-13-2018 at 12:43 AM.

There's been a number of discussions about "regatta pairings" plus the usual "how can I compete against teams that spend T-Cash like water?".

If there is a platinum and/or diamond league, I think it would be nice if the pairings there could take a few extra things into account:

1) T-Cash Spending - teams that wish to spend money compete for "who has the biggest wallet award" by matching up against each other. Teams that less inclined can compete for the "winning on a budget award". The trophies for each should be amusing.

2) Size of their Trophy case - use the number of 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd place trophies to determine pairings. Kind of like the Olympics, seed each contest with winners against winners who will then shoot for the grand prize and be immune from being demoted. Lower seeds can compete for the consolation prizes and to not be demoted.

I realize that you can't make every team happy with how the competition matches up but if there's going to be a league where the best of the best meet and where you have to *want* to be in those leagues, maybe it's time to go head-to-head on these things.

I think this is a good idea - make a league for those teams who don't mind dumping a ton of town bucks to get bragging rights. That makes the other leagues more fun for the rest of us. :-)

Platinum league

We need a platinum league with more tasks and a new trophy for those of us who finish 16 in a few days and are bored with rest of race. 25 tasks at least and 26th for tcash. Also platinum board would need to refresh in less time to accommodate extra tasks like 15 minutes or less

Platinum league With 25 tasks

It would be nice to have a platinum league with it’s own trophy that the tallied number of wins the player participated in would be displayed on or above it.
    The refresh for tasks could be 10 to 15 minutes and the 26th task could be 15 to 20 tcash.

What if only teams of 20 or more were able to compete in the platinum league and all the players on the team would have to race which means no opting out and everyone on the team has to complete 16x135 in 3 days to move up to platinum. Once in platinum teams must have a minimum of 20 players and all must race and complete 20 tasks or be demoted to gold.

Platinum league

I would love to see a more difficult league with more tasks and more challenging rules to offset the boredom of running out of tasks before the race is half over some players finish 16 in less than 24 hours. We need more tasks available to complete and a faster refresh time to accommodate the additional tasks.
    The platinum league would have 25 tasks with an option to buy 5 more for 40 tcash this would allow more active players to win races and rise to the global leaderboard.
    Teams of 20 or more would be able to compete in the platinum league and all the players on the team would have to race which means no opting out and everyone on the team has to complete 16x135 in 3 days to move up to platinum. Once in platinum teams must have a minimum of 20 players and all must race and complete 20 or more tasks or be demoted to gold.
    This new league would allow all the teams who compete 16x135 to move up to a more challenging league and it would eliminate all the ties for first place in gold.
    Unlimited dumping would be allowed in the platinum league because the leaderboard teams would take into consideration total tasks completed instead and only the top 50 would be on the leaderboard.