Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Co-op League: Platinum League (Merged Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    We are in such a race this week. 15 teams doing only 135's. Some top teams while we are just racing to be in the top 3 each week. We are in 15th place right now. We are way too slow for that kind of race.

I agree with you Dan, it make no sense to have 3 teams with perfect score being demoted.
    Same thing for us this week. We have nine racers opted in. All 15 teams in the race are currently doing 16x135. Max score possible is 19,440. With 4D 7H left in the race (so we're only 1D 17H into the race) Teams #1-#3 are already at 12,960-10,395 points. I'm guessing they will be done by tomorrow night or Friday. We're currently hanging on to 12th place with 5,535 hoping we can get lucky and avoid demotion. We've never had our eyes on the GLB. We just want the opportunity to aim for 16x135 each week so we can all get our tokens and not have to kill ourselves just to stay in Golden league (especially when we know other teams are scoring less than us and managing to finish in the Top 3 of their races).

I would like to see a Platinum League added exclusively for teams that are aiming for the Global Leader Board. You would have to Opt In to the Platinum league. Any team could opt in/out of Platinum at any point. Platinum teams would only race against each other and they would be pitted against each other by rank...Higher you rank...tougher your competition. You can't get demoted from Platinum league, just rise or fall in position on the GLB.

For teams in Gold League, you have no shot at landing on the leaderboard, it is exclusively for Platinum teams. You are no longer ranked (You still have your trophy board but no longer show a number ranking). Your racing pairings would be random. So one week you might be up against a mix of a couple really tough teams, some average teams, and some below average teams. The next week you might get all really tough competition. Another week you might luck out with all very weak competition. It would add variety back into the game. IMO, this is the fairest way to do things, though I've always said "fair" is impossible to achieve because we all have different opinions.

Of course, I'm sure this would cut into Playrix's revenue, so they wouldn't see it as a viable option. Which is a pity, because the current system is really turning people away from the game.
    Last edited by kitty4715; 07-12-2018 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty4715 View Post
    I would like to see a Platinum League added exclusively for teams that are aiming for the Global Leader Board. You would have to Opt In to the Platinum league. Any team could opt in/out of Platinum at any point. Platinum teams would only race against each other and they would be pitted against each other by rank...Higher you rank...tougher your competition. You can't get demoted from Platinum league, just rise or fall in position on the GLB.

For teams in Gold League, you have no shot at landing on the leaderboard, it is exclusively for Platinum teams. You are no longer ranked (You still have your trophy board but no longer show a number ranking). Your racing pairings would be random. So one week you might be up against a mix of a couple really tough teams, some average teams, and some below average teams. The next week you might get all really tough competition. Another week you might luck out with all very weak competition. It would add variety back into the game. IMO, this is the fairest way to do things, though I've always said "fair" is impossible to achieve because we all have different opinions.
    I know what I have said before, but I think this is the most viable and fairest suggestion so far! I am kind of easing myself out of the forum at this stage, but I have to say something when I read a good suggestion. I know I shouldn't because...... but.......

Of course, I'm sure this would cut into Playrix's revenue, so they wouldn't see it as a viable option. Which is a pity, because the current system is really turning people away from the game.
    I don't think it (following the suggestion mentioned by Kitty) will cut Playrix's revenue much in the short run, but will increase Playrix's revenue in the long run definitely!

Why? Teams in the GLB/Platinum League will have to spend loads of t-cash, because they are facing much "worthy" opponents and the race is tougher than the current system. They have to spend even more in order to win the prize (top prize is $75 now, but can be $300 in the new regatta system). Giving them the "enormous" top prize actually cost Playrix nothing (only the virtual cash), but would make the winning more attractive, right? That is, keep those "racing monsters" hooked! Maybe throw in some prize/cup/trophies, not one but one for each top three wins! And help them to create a trophy hall to display all those trophies!

Teams choose to opt out of the GLB/Platinum League are the ones with no desire to spend too much in the current system. They will keep their spending pattern in the new system for they spent t-cash not because those GLB teams were on their back, but instead some other teams who cared less about GBL were on their back to win the winning prize however meager they were! That is, non-GLB teams will keep their spending pattern in the new regatta system and choose to opt out of the GLB/Platinum League race.

Teams that gave up the regatta long ago care even less about winning or maybe are bored/disgusted about "the winning". Playrix might want to modify the chest-prize system to lure them back to non-GLB race again!
    Last edited by hchl; 07-12-2018 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hchl View Post
    I am kind of easing myself out of the forum at this stage, but I have to say something when I read a good suggestion. I know I shouldn't because...... but.......
    I don't know why you "shouldn't" - because what?
    Supporting an idea you find good is good and one of the reasons for such a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Supporting an idea you find good is good and one of the reasons for such a forum.
    That’s what I wondered too... don’t ease out of here, hchl, more is merrier!

Same thing for us this week. We have nine racers opted in. All 15 teams in the race are currently doing 16x135. Max score possible is 19,440. With 4D 7H left in the race (so we're only 1D 17H into the race) Teams #1-#3 are already at 12,960-10,395 points. I'm guessing they will be done by tomorrow night or Friday. We're currently hanging on to 12th place with 5,535 hoping we can get lucky and avoid demotion. We've never had our eyes on the GLB. We just want the opportunity to aim for 16x135 each week so we can all get our tokens and not have to kill ourselves just to stay in Golden league (especially when we know other teams are scoring less than us and managing to finish in the Top 3 of their races).

I am still on the camp that the regattas are definitely not perfect but it is fair and no Platinum league is necessary. I should be in favor because I don't race in a perfect scoring golden league team but I'm grateful for the system.

Most games will have you compete with its entire pool of players or a large group of them. However, at township, we only have to compete with a mere 14 other teams at most. I don't think the Devs intended for golden league to be a right. Some weeks will be tougher than others even if you attain a perfect score because there are other aspects involved (ie. time, size bonus etc,). if you get last place (0r 12-15 "losing spots") you still get to open 9 chests of rewards for tasks that you will most likely be doing anyway (ie., sending trains and planes, etc). Most games will give you nothing or very little. You will be demoted to silver. In playrix's eyes, if you are gold worthy, you will get promoted again next week. This is also good for those who argue they just want to be in gold league for the decorations because you only need 1 week to access all the decorations.

Revenue means Playrix can have staff that can continuously work on the game and cover previous expenses. According to wikipedia (not sure how reliable it is) the company has 800 staff members.

I wonder if the platinum can bring more revenue since the teams will probably have to out Tcash one another. But that's just a thought.

......because I need to keep quiet so the "easing out" would run smoothly....... because I should take my paid job seriously and not spend too much time neglecting it..... .......... but I just can not keep quiet...... personality flaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    That’s what I wondered too... don’t ease out of here, hchl, more is merrier!
    There will be more people join the forum definitely! Have no fear.

......because I need to keep quiet so the "easing out" would run smoothly....... because I should take my paid job seriously and not spend too much time neglecting it..... .......... but I just can not keep quiet...... personality flaw?
    oh, so you can access this forum only from your workplace? and it's taking up too much time?
    that's a pity, should we lose your voice by that. Rather than that I'd like you to think about moving it all to your private equipment, and if that's not there yet, spend your hard earned money (remember, no fun forum there anymore) on getting it?

oh, so you can access this forum only from your workplace? and it's taking up too much time?
    that's a pity, should we lose your voice by that. Rather than that I'd like you to think about moving it all to your private equipment, and if that's not there yet, spend your hard earned money (remember, no fun forum there anymore) on getting it?
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I have this forum in almost all of my devices, and it really takes a lot of my time. I can still cope but I really neglected some of my allotted duty, imaging the following: I need to login a site to tell them whether I decide to take on a task or not (one of my professional duty but not connected to my institution) , and if I accept the task, I have to submit a written document/file through the site, and I'm siting here writing, not the document, and not login in the site to say I accept the task or not......... I think I need to do the right thing ......... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

oh I understand, hchl. although the decision about the task sounded just like ingame, I know this (getting caught in the "wrong" places ) can happen, and I'll just stop giving advice from here, but wish you much success
    (just don't go away, pls!)

Too cute, these emojis!

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I have this forum in almost all of my devices, and it really takes a lot of my time. I can still cope but I really neglected some of my allotted duty, imaging the following: I need to login a site to tell them whether I decide to take on a task or not (one of my professional duty but not connected to my institution) , and if I accept the task, I have to submit a written document/file through the site, and I'm siting here writing, not the document, and not login in the site to say I accept the task or not......... I think I need to do the right thing ......... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)