Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Co-op League: Platinum League (Merged Thread)

New Co-op League: Platinum League (Merged Thread)

The only way to get into this league is win first in gold. This would allow those crazy extreme competitive teams to compete amongst each other. Awards could be something available only in that league. Could ask for 20 or 25 tasks. But would also make it optional because would award only top 3 places. That should give them something to shoot for!
    A knight in shining armor is a knight whose metal has never been tested.

Yes, this would be fun!

Sign me up
    Town Level 90
    Zoo Level 17
    Co-op - Happyville - Global Leader Board, Top Five, English Speaking Team
    Lvl 70+, 16 High Point Tasks, Friendly, Chatty, Helpful, SERIOUS 16 task takers only
    https://www.facebook.com/Happyvillecoop
    Watch out for copycat co-ops - this is the Original Happyville, not an imitation coop using a similar name or logo promising you false hope on a "great" strategy - check the trophies/GLB Rank
    Private Message me if you'd like a personal invite to join!

I like it, but I think it would need to be harder to get in than 1 gold league win, because as the gold league superstars and semi stars thinned out by moving up, more and more teams would finally win a gold league race and then the so called elite would get just as over crowded as gold League is now.

Really I think the solution is making it harder to hang around in gold League or increasing the number of buoys or something. Right now in the race I am in, our team has completed just over half of our tasks, yet earned all 9 rewards, so we could just quit competing and wait to collect our rewards. We won't of course, but if you were on one of the teams many many many tasks behind us, that might look like the practical thing to do.

Also in the current race, not a single team of 30 in the becalmed group would win against a decent solo racer, and most of the holding steady group could be beaten by 2 or 3 people.

It's like this or worse pretty much every week. So either it's too easy to reach the gold league or much too easy to just hang about once you have arrived or a combination of the two.

A few months ago I suggested that the bottom half of finishers be demoted, I still think that's a good plan, and would add that failure to complete HALF the possible tasks (which looks commonplace) should also be grounds for demotion.

Too many boats, not nearly enough racers.

Township: Pixelsticks
    Co op: Givers Only Coop

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    I like it, but I think it would need to be harder to get in than 1 gold league win, because as the gold league superstars and semi stars thinned out by moving up, more and more teams would finally win a gold league race and then the so called elite would get just as over crowded as gold League is now.

Really I think the solution is making it harder to hang around in gold League or increasing the number of buoys or something. Right now in the race I am in, our team has completed just over half of our tasks, yet earned all 9 rewards, so we could just quit competing and wait to collect our rewards. We won't of course, but if you were on one of the teams many many many tasks behind us, that might look like the practical thing to do.

Also in the current race, not a single team of 30 in the becalmed group would win against a decent solo racer, and most of the holding steady group could be beaten by 2 or 3 people.

It's like this or worse pretty much every week. So either it's too easy to reach the gold league or much too easy to just hang about once you have arrived or a combination of the two.

A few months ago I suggested that the bottom half of finishers be demoted, I still think that's a good plan, and would add that failure to complete HALF the possible tasks (which looks commonplace) should also be grounds for demotion.

Too many boats, not nearly enough racers.

I completely agree with all of this - you are spot on - and definitely about the demotions....

Perhaps for the "Platinum" league it could be defined more with X amount of 1st places in a row - perhaps 5 or even ten wins in a row would warrant the platinum league, subsequently the platinum league could be made up perhpas with only 8 boats - top four stay up, bottom four demoted to Gold...
    Town Level 90
    Zoo Level 17
    Lvl 70+, 16 High Point Tasks, Friendly, Chatty, Helpful, SERIOUS 16 task takers only
    Watch out for copycat co-ops - this is the Original Happyville, not an imitation coop using a similar name or logo promising you false hope on a "great" strategy - check the trophies/GLB Rank

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten Elisabeth View Post
    I completely agree with all of this - you are spot on - and definitely about the demotions....

Perhaps for the "Platinum" league it could be defined more with X amount of 1st places in a row - perhaps 5 or even ten wins in a row would warrant the platinum league, subsequently the platinum league could be made up perhpas with only 8 boats - top four stay up, bottom four demoted to Gold...
    Yup, 10 straight wins would be about right I think, and then must be in top 4 to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    Yup, 10 straight wins would be about right I think, and then must be in top 4 to stay.

See you there
    Town Level 90
    Zoo Level 17

And then when they get bored they will want an even higher level ... etc. What is a golden team doesn't want to go ultra competitive and stay golden?

It's an idea, but I'm not sure I like it.
    We are a team of a few good people who are in the golden league!

Name: You can call me Bob
    My Co-Op: Teamwork (#E3ESY7 - http://bit.ly/CoOpRules)
    My Town: Schitt's Creek
    Friend Code: 6TTK54
    Operating system: Android

Quote Originally Posted by 2crazy4u View Post
    And then when they get bored they will want an even higher level ... etc. What is a golden team doesn't want to go ultra competitive and stay golden?

It's an idea, but I'm not sure I like it.
    Maybe, when you were qualified to move up at the end of the regatta you'd get the option to remain in your current league or move up?
    Town Level 90
    Zoo Level 17