Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Customer Service

Med, thanks for your response. I agree wholeheartedly that better CS is needed. And in my own business, communication went a long long way when things did go wrong. Customers were more understanding and patient if they felt like we were keeping them updated. So very valid points in that regard. But since I was the one ultimately responsible and doing the communications, I could easily keep them informed of progress as well as help them understand the issues involved. I also happened to be fluent in Geek and Human at the same time, so that helped. But I think within some larger companies, that often breaks down. Customer service people often don't have technical expertise. Executives aren't always good at details. Programmers often are up to their eyeballs in code but don't have any interaction with customers. So unless you have a really good process for connecting all the pieces, things get messy fast. Employees get frustrated (which often leads to high turnover) and the customers are the ones who lose.

So, I guess I am just saying that yes, we all want to see better customer service but I suspect that whenever you don't see great CS, the problem runs deeper. Sometimes it can be helped with a simple policy change in communication with the public, but I think more often than not, there are more problems that need to be sorted out and addressed within a company, whether it is hiring more people, management problems, changes in priorities, or any number of things. Whatever the case with Playrix, I very sincerely hope they do whatever is necessary to keep their players happy. They have created an amazing game that I dearly love, so I want to see them around for a long time!
    Last edited by debville; 02-01-2018 at 04:30 AM.

BTW, I am Update Lady for my co-op too. Maybe we should get t-shirts made!

Hi Med!

Just read this thread. Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Med View Post
    I've waffled on this all day, whether to post this or not, but I think it needs to be addressed.
    Thank you that you did!

You brilliantly pointed out the problems with CS and made them more comprehensible for everyone.

Yes, communication is key, now more important that ever before. That Playrix seems to prefer losing long time loyal players on a daily basis just by frustrating them so much with their lack of ANY communication in a timely manner still baffles me.

I'm trying to figure out why CS is so lacking. I keep coming back to, "They just don't care." Five percent of the people are having problems, but 95% are still spending money, so who cares about the minority who are having issues. Is that it?
    I think that the new players that flock in (still) more than the players that leave are part of the problem, because the one's in the company who's job is to just look at the money tend to debate in that fashion.

But there also seems to be the problem of the information-sharing itself. Giving out information can make you more vulnerable. Wheras no-one can bite you in the ass when you don't say a word.
    Which is of course not problem-solving, just problem-avoiding. But geez, look how much time people can spend with that.

When it comes to basic support, and I mean basic, we all by now would be delighted by ANY response that makes any sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by debville View Post
    Med, thanks for your response. I agree wholeheartedly that better CS is needed. And in my own business, communication went a long long way when things did go wrong. Customers were more understanding and patient if they felt like we were keeping them updated. So very valid points in that regard. But since I was the one ultimately responsible and doing the communications, I could easily keep them informed of progress as well as help them understand the issues involved. I also happened to be fluent in Geek and Human at the same time, so that helped. But I think within some larger companies, that often breaks down. Customer service people often don't have technical expertise. Executives aren't always good at details. Programmers often are up to their eyeballs in code but don't have any interaction with customers. So unless you have a really good process for connecting all the pieces, things get messy fast. Employees get frustrated (which often leads to high turnover) and the customers are the ones who lose.
    Hi Debville!

Yes, excellent points as well! Have tried to bring them across before, so glad someone can say it so much better, lol.
    With larger company in tendency the focus not just breaks down because the experts of the different areas don't know enough about the others. It's that at some point you have many big heads but have to get lucky to get one who is actually interested in working on the real problems the company has.

Forgive me. I'm on my Kindle and quoting is giving me fits.

Sweetness, I absolutely agree in that I have no issue with taking a break from New contests coming out. Honestly, I was thrilled with the plane event because I didn't have to do anything different. Just like regatta, players can get burnt out on events. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on this. You are a very strong presence on the forum, and I very much respect your opinion.

Deb, I can't claim to be able to translate Geek to Human. I am grateful for you pointing out the ... disconnect in the languages and terminology between coders and CS. It gives me something else to ponder. I speak and write English and Bad English, and speak enough Chinese to curse (the better half is Chinese lol). I'm all for t-shirts!

Cathy, you, Tomcats, and Fallon were part of what prompted me to finally post. I am not a fan of stirring the pot. I prefer to give things a chance to be fixed instead of beating a dead horse, so to speak. The mass of crazy that has been brought down on us the last few months, reading the disheartened posts, it just made me need to say something and bring it to light rather than it hiding in shadows and buried in threads.

I'll reiterate, this game is my happy place. I'd hate to see it go cattywampas over something that can potentially be repaired before it is too late.

My many thanks for the thought-provoking replies.

Just a point on staffing numbers...

In my past life I was a manager for a unit in a real big UK pub/restaurant chain. Last count I knew of was over 35,000 current employees. Sure, IT wasn't a huge part of my job, but customer service sure was.

One of the main complaints I heard in my time, was "why aren't there more staff?". "Surely a company this big could give you more staff?". "Why are you trying to do all this on your own, where are all your staff?".

Well... sometimes, there just, are no more staff. Getting hold of head office was a hit-and-miss situation, even knowing people there, knowing exactly who to aim for, it would still take time to get a response. In a staff count of 35,000, there were maybe four people you could call on at a given time to ask questions.

I have no doubt that once it was realised that the harbour glitch (being, I expect, the main root of this thread) was discovered to be a problem, the devs were put to task, and worked as long and hard as possible to correct the issue. Which they did.
    Once it was apparent that the fix was a problem, I again don't doubt that the relevant people got on it as quickly and productively as possible.
    I also don't doubt that as we were all here complaining about why it wasn't getting sorted, they were all there wishing they could have another X hands on deck to help find and deliver a resolution by yesterday.

Like others have said... I don't know how many staff they have working customer support, but I'm willing to bet that throughout this issue they were also sat there wishing their numbers were doubled, and probably doubled again as the flood of tickets grew ever stronger.

I agree. The main let-down here was communication. I'm willing to bet that 99% of us, upon hearing there was an issue, and being given regular updates, would have been annoyed at the problem but relieved there was someone aware of it, working on it.

Whenever we had a customer write in a complaint at work, we had 24 hours to respond to that complaint. Didn't have to be a resolution, just an acknowledgement with a timeframe to next contact. We then had to follow up within that timeframe. The most common response was "thank you for getting back to me". People just wanted to know they were being heard.

I hope that should anything like this arise again in the future, this situation will be referred to and adjustments made.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Dear all,

Thank you for creating this thread and for sharing your concerns with us.

We'd like to point out that every issue that is raised by our players is passed onto the devs who, in their turn, do their best to resolve it as quickly as possible. The devs have to carefully test every fix or adjustment they make before they can release the new version of the game.

As admins, we constantly monitor our Forum and pass every tech issue onto the devs. We communicate with all our players directly as often as possible, interact with the Moderators and keep all of our forum users updated on the latest in-game or Forum changes.

In order to contact our Customer Support:
    - check out this thread
    - or watch the video

Kindly note that it is necessary to submit the requests directly from the game. Also, it's important not to forget to send a second reply in case our automated response was not useful.

We appreciate your feedback! Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,
    Natasha

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha Sidorenko View Post
    Dear all,

We appreciate your feedback! Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,
    Natasha
    Thanks Natasha for taking the time to come in and speak on this, again it means so much to us

I've waffled on this all day, whether to post this or not, but I think it needs to be addressed.
    Med, again, really appreciated that you decided to post. I look forward to reading your future post on your thoughts, suggestions, and ideas for the game. So glad you decided to join the Forum
    Last edited by Sweetness123; 02-01-2018 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Added Quote

Thanks Natasha for your comments! That is reassuring to us all.

Med - your last comments made me realize something else - that since this game has players from all over the world - translating every aspect of the game (including customer support) into the multitude of languages has to also require a lot of employees! I wonder how many of those 700 are working on that part alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha Sidorenko View Post
    Dear all,

We'd like to point out that every issue that is raised by our players is passed onto the devs who, in their turn, do their best to resolve it as quickly as possible. The devs have to carefully test every fix or adjustment they make before they can release the new version of the game.

As admins, we constantly monitor our Forum and pass every tech issue onto the devs. We communicate with all our players directly as often as possible, interact with the Moderators and keep all of our forum users updated on the latest in-game or Forum changes.

In order to contact our Customer Support:
    - check out this thread
    - or watch the video

Kindly note that it is necessary to submit the requests directly from the game. Also, it's important not to forget to send a second reply in case our automated response was not useful.

Regards,
    Natasha
    Natasha,

Multiple people this weekend have reported being unfairly banned.

Where are you when this is happening? Pretty words are nothing but pretty words.

In two years, I've seen the same complaints over and over again - no one responding when people are having issues, and it happened again this weekend.

Five new names came on the forum in the past two days to report being unfairly banned. If it is only five, how long can it possibly take to check their accounts and unban them if that is the solution?

Why do they have to wait an entire weekend, if not longer, to get a response? Is no one watching the hen house over the weekend? Do you all only work 5 days a week?

You want fair play, then you need to be fair to the people that spend money to play this game - even if it is "only" five people.

It's unacceptable.

Some may think my words are harsh, but we've all seen the same excuses for years. My heart hurts for these people who are falsely accused, sometimes repeatedly.

Mistakes happen, but someone needs to be there to fix them when they do. Immediately, not days or a week later.