Thread: Barn Capacity Increase - Gone Awry!

Barn Capacity Increase - Gone Awry!

I had just replanted planted corn and wheat, went to collect eggs so I could make cc cookies. I couldn’t collect more than 3 eggs without having to feed the hens, my barn was too full. Time to upgrade the barn again - especially with a new race starting soon.
    So, I went to the barn, yes, my 910 capacity was to the brim. I pressed the Upgrade button, and saw that I was low on the nails. I needed to pay $60 in Tcash in order to increase my barn size. *sigh* I needed the room, so I hit the button to finish the upgrade. The screen flickered then froze. Yikes! I waited, then tried pushing the button again... nothing. I was just thinking about rebooting my iPad, when the game rebooted itself. Whoa.... back to the beginning screen. Okay... at least we are working.
    I moved from the train tracks towards the barn and immediately saw that my corn and wheat field was bare. Drat! So I opened the barn... ooops, still at 910 capacity with 901 items. Then I looked at the tcash balance. Hmmmm, it was over 900 when I started - everything was right around 900 when I started. It seems the game gobbled the cash and then hiccuped!
    No denying, I needed the upgrade, so I repeated the entire process again, starting with planting the corn and wheat. The upgrade went through, took another $60 and ugraded to 935. Whew. Then I sent notices to CS at Playrix, asking for a credit, adjustment or whatever they called it for the $60 tcash. Then I went back to the barn, and immediately noticed that I only had 784 items in the barn now. Where did over 100 items go? This is just crazy! I took screenshots (can’t seem to be able to post them here), but what good does that really do but show that I didn’t need to upgrade?!
    Is the barn eating my goods? Help, please.

Okay so it sounds like you've handled the first bit with the missing T-cash correctly... unfortunately it's a waiting game with customer support now to see when they get back to you.

As for the missing barn items... how many items did you need to upgrade your barn to 935? I know you said you were a few nails short, but for TC60, you must have already had several in the barn, along with all your hammers and paint, probably nearly 200 items-worth once you add them all together... which you then used on your barn...

Every time I upgrade my barn I panicked because I suddenly have so much more than just the "extra" space, then remember it's because I've also used a bunch of stuff out of my barn to do that upgrade
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Nevada,
    Thank goodness for someone with a brain, as I apparently have lost mine!

You are 100% correct. With my first try at upgrading, there was no reduction in the barn’s inventory numbers. Then when it was successful, I simply forgot that the upgrade process subtracted the hammers, paint buckets and nails from the barn’s item count. Thank you for the gentle reminder of how the game works.

LOL. Glad you got it figured out. The upgrade to 935 costs 36 hammers, nails, and paint according to the wiki.

I upgraded my barn recently to 510, but now it is at 485. I have messaged support but nothing back yet.

I want my upgrade back or all my items I used so I can try again, please.

Thank you
    New Town