Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Academy of Industry

Academy of Industry

When I am trying to work on a specific factory, train, or ships to upgrade, I might have to look at what is required several times while I’m playing and was wondering if it’s possible to keep it at the last thing you looked at while playing? Example: if I’m working on ships, it’s all the way at the bottom and I just finished 3 bronze ingots, now I have to see what else I need so I have to scroll down over and over again because I play for hours at a time lol (This old brain has trouble remembering. It would be a nice feature.)

Or, a little checkbox or something by each upgrade that does nothing but display a green check for memorys' sake.

Maybe whichever upgrade is checked is the one the academy opens on...

I could really go for this.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Or, a little checkbox or something by each upgrade that does nothing but display a green check for memorys' sake.

Maybe whichever upgrade is checked is the one the academy opens on...

I could really go for this.
    Do you mean a checkbox that you have to check and each time you open the academy it displays the one you checked? Or if something is ready to upgrade it gets checked automatically and it's the first one to be shown?
    I like the first version, hope that's what you meant. Because for the second, this is already implemented in the form of the icon that appears over the academy of industry. When you can make an upgrade, the thing appears and when you go to the academy it will open to the first ready-to-upgrade item.

Definitely your first sentance, sorry, should have been clearer.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Ann Wray View Post
    Example: if I’m working on ships, it’s all the way at the bottom and I just finished 3 bronze ingots, now I have to see what else I need so I have to scroll down over and over again because I play for hours at a time lol
    But are you aware that you can go to the upgrades directly from the factory or island (what you call ship, I think) you're in or working on, by clicking on the level-star? you don't have to scroll then...
    Last edited by _DD_; 01-26-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    But are you aware that you can go to the upgrades directly from the factory or island (what you call ship, I think) you're in or working on, by clicking on the level-star? you don't have to scroll then...
    Cool DD, thanks! Now I'm off to try tapping on a star!
    Peeps Town
    Grin&Win ~ #KY8JKD
    Level ~ 117 Zoo ~ 165
    Device ~ Kindle Fire HD 8
    Playing since 2014, with breaks here and there.
    Racing solo since 1/22/18.

LOL, smile, somehow that sounds like a movie!
    Hope it works for you, let us know

If you didn't notice it yet: did you notice that what dread describes above as "2nd + implemented way" also works several times, if you have several buildings you can upgrade? Just go in and out of the Academy as long as the sign above it stays. It will open to the next possible upgrade as long as there are current ones.

And same principle in the other building where you have your collections... museum, IIRC. It shows a new discovery by a sign over the building. Inside it shows a red exclamation mark or something like that on the tab where the new thing is.
    If you have found several since your last visit, you can click the tabs to switch between them and the display will always jump to the next new one. Very handy. By clicking on the item the guy will appear and tell you some nonsense... ahem, history about the item!

The moral to it is still: click on everything.

Yes, it did totally work! No idea why I never tried that before!
    Peeps Town
    Grin&Win ~ #KY8JKD
    Level ~ 117 Zoo ~ 165
    Device ~ Kindle Fire HD 8
    Playing since 2014, with breaks here and there.
    Racing solo since 1/22/18.

Glad to hear it, smile! hopefully the other "tricks", too

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    OMG I never knew that! I always went into the academy of industry every time to do upgrades!!! thanks for the tip!
    Town Name: Watertopea (Reeseville) on Android
    Friend Code: GVGCPP
    Coop Name: Easy Breezy Coop, Coop Tag: #ES3P2N
    Description: A fairly relaxed co-op that races in Gold league. Minimum 1 task or opt out. We love players who are helpful and fun! Open co-op and English is our preferred language.