Thread: Seasonal Tasks Are Ruining Game!!!

Seasonal Tasks Are Ruining Game!!!

The combo and coin tasks have ruined Regatta and our players are all talking about quitting. Combo tasks require the resoures of 80% of three tasks. At first players would do because they were fast. Now they almost always contain a task taking 10-20 hours. Almost all tasks now are combo, coin, plane, train, factory or isle, taking 10-20 hours. THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE FUN NOT A FULL TIME JOB!

You always have the option to dump tasks your team doesn't like. The coin tasks can be very fast! You can get coins from lots of sources, not just helicopter orders. I usually can complete one in a matter of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandi Turner View Post
    The combo and coin tasks have ruined Regatta and our players are all talking about quitting. Combo tasks require the resoures of 80% of three tasks. At first players would do because they were fast. Now they almost always contain a task taking 10-20 hours. Almost all tasks now are combo, coin, plane, train, factory or isle, taking 10-20 hours. THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE FUN NOT A FULL TIME JOB!
    Well I guess it is good they are only there for a season then, right? This seasons tasks are not my favorite either, preferred last seasons, but we just have these two races left. Just hang in there and soon they will be a thing of the past.
    Peeps Town
    Grin&Win ~ #KY8JKD
    Level ~ 117 Zoo ~ 165
    Device ~ Kindle Fire HD 8
    Playing since 2014, with breaks here and there.
    Racing solo since 1/22/18.

Quote Originally Posted by debville View Post
    You always have the option to dump tasks your team doesn't like. The coin tasks can be very fast! You can get coins from lots of sources, not just helicopter orders. I usually can complete one in a matter of minutes.
    I agree debville. I can't get enough of those coin task, but I do run on a double coin booster. I like the combo task too. Seems like they "worked the bugs" out from when they first hit the Regatta Task Board. They make a little more sense now. Like I had a feed animal, collect feathers, and I think a mining task. My point is, that the feed animals and collect feathers were like "one of the same." It's funny how we all like different stuff. So how would it be possible for Playrix to please all of us all the time (whew, I would not want that job). I would be like, "Hey, 5 people said they loved it, let's go with it" (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by smile85 View Post
    Just hang in there and soon they will be a thing of the past.
    Good advice smile, same with the update, it's coming... February shall be "fabulous" my darlings, we shall have our "socks" blown off
    Last edited by Sweetness123; 01-23-2018 at 11:14 PM.
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

I rarely choose those seasonal tasks unless I know I can complete all three relatively quickly (like right now it's mining, feeding animals, and helicopter tasks - all of these are easy to complete relatively quickly at the same time). But most of them are a complete rip off.

Last regatta, I saw a combo task which was: Make 8 popsicles, send 8 trains, and mine 25ish ores (can't remember the exact number) for 135 points.

Other tasks available at the same time:
    Mine 55 ores in the mine for 125 points
    Send 9 trains for 130 points
    Make 9 popsicles for 131 points

All of these were seperate tasks....so for a tiny bit more work, you could get 386 points for doing these tasks seperately, or only make 135 points for doing them as a combo task. I promptly dumped that combo task from the board! LOL
    Town Name: Watertopea (Reeseville) on Android
    Friend Code: GVGCPP
    Coop Name: Easy Breezy Coop, Coop Tag: #ES3P2N
    Description: A fairly relaxed co-op that races in Gold league. Minimum 1 task or opt out. We love players who are helpful and fun! Open co-op and English is our preferred language.

I love the seasonal tasks. Taking them is optional. Deleting them is also an option.

One week I took many coins tasks. The following week I took only combo tasks. I also got several normal 135 tasks such as helicopter, trains, planes, mining, production. There are different ways to enjoy a regatta even if seasonal tasks don't suit you.

My one criticism would be the random differences between seasonal points (17 / 20 / 24). Can't they all be 24?

I've said this in another thread, but seasonal tasks can be good. They can also be bad.

I run two towns. One is Lvl 92. The other is Lvl 53. Seasonal tasks are almost always easy for my bigger town (though admittedly, some can take a while) while they tend to be a bit over-complicated for my smaller town. But there is another factor in play too.

My big town is in a co-op where the levels range from 60 to 154. My little town's co-op level range is 50-163. Where ALL items can be utilised in either co-op, it is much easier when the town itself can do everything. That's not to say it's any easier for co-ops with a lower MAX level town, but just making a note for my two towns. And a final comment, even as a level 53 town, I completed 2 combo tasks.

When we had the Pirate Regatta, I hated it because my ships were not upgraded AT ALL! But I say, bring it back....I'm ready for you now! (Live and learn.)
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

Thanks to this seasonal task I speed progress with my factories and CB. I bought one missing factory, one CB and two houses and collect enough coins for next factory, must collect for one more CB next week

Quote Originally Posted by LifeJacket View Post
    I love the seasonal tasks. Taking them is optional. Deleting them is also an option. My one criticism would be the random differences between seasonal points (17 / 20 / 24). Can't they all be 24?
    Agree Life, it has been making a difference when you are "really loving" this "fabulous" decor theme. I miss those 25 tokens we used to get for some of those "seasonal task." Not sure why that was changed? And "boo" on 14 tokens for regular 135 Regatta Task... Do I hear a "15"? Going once, twice (I will just assume we are in all in agreement on this one) . My vote: Regular Task 15 / Seasonal 20 or 25 depending on the difficulty.
    Last edited by Sweetness123; 01-29-2018 at 07:41 PM.
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

I love the seasonal tasks. The interseasonal week is the worst. I was an inch away from quitting the game when they brought the seasons in.
    Julia Level 121