Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Allow Leaders To Opt Out Non-Racing Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany Clarke View Post
    What I would really like is to be able to see my co-op's stats even when I opt out for the week. I use the stats to track members' activity and see which members consistently don't do the Regatta but also don't opt out.
    At the end of the race, the "tasks" screen has a big green "statistics" button on it to show you the results of each player, score, tasks done, and dump counter. I don't think you can see that level of detail during the race but it's there at the end.

In my co-op we have asked that all members please commit to a minimum of 4 tasks per week (in golden league). If something has come up they can let us know that and we all understand how life is. If a week goes by with no tasks completed the meme is demoted to member status if they're an elder. After the 2nd week that member gets a warning that another missed week will result in being kicked. We discussed this as a teamand all agreed that it was fair before implementing the time idea as a general rule. We've also had members leave for personal reasons for a while and admitted back at a later time. We all seem happy with the results. No one wants to work hard and have a select few get rewarded for not giving to each other and gaining chests at the end of the regatta.

I dont understand why leaders would use this instead of just booting a non-responsive player. "Less than lethal", their already "dead" for one reason or another. Control over how people play their game ends at rules for participation in our co-ops and the ability to kick them. No need for more control than that imo.

Be careful when kicking members AFTER race begins

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Hi Sharon, this has been ruled out by the devs, see the full list here

Anyone opted in but not racing can be kicked from the co-op. The kick message can be changed to a short explanation and asking them to return if they were previously good members. Co-op members who are friends with them can also send them an invite.

All co-op members should be aware that they are likely to be kicked if they remain opted in but do not race for any given length of time.
    I agree that you can kick members who aren’t doing their share in Regatta. Thank God Playrix gives leaders the option to block players from joining Regatta. It helps. But if they opt in right before the race begins anyway, (where I live, the race starts at 3 am!) then what control do we as leaders really have? None. Especially when trolls purposely join, then dead beat Regatta just to make you drop a league. Not nice stuff but it happens. Or ppl join the co op but don’t know what Regatta is yet, or what happens if they don’t do all the tasks. Either way, Playrix HAS to change the DEFAULT of new members automatically opted IN to Regatta because it’s just flat out wrong for Leaders and their teams. Just a bad idea, and every leader hates it. We work hard on our co ops. We should be honored by being allowed to keep dead beats out of Regatta, if not only for the sake of all the committed, long time members we have already had, that have worked long and hard for Golden Regatta, only to be knocked out by a player who DEFAULTS into Regatta then doesn’t play? Quite ridiculous rule. I hope they change it. It’s defeating.

I also hope they fix the Factory pop up window back to previous update. It’s popping up all over the place and giving me migraines. Thanks to whoever is reading this and listening. It helps to post about this stuff.
    Have a great week!

Quote Originally Posted by CheriByGrace View Post
    I agree that you can kick members who aren’t doing their share in Regatta. Thank God Playrix gives leaders the option to block players from joining Regatta. It helps. But if they opt in right before the race begins anyway, (where I live, the race starts at 3 am!) then what control do we as leaders really have? None. Especially when trolls purposely join, then dead beat Regatta just to make you drop a league. Not nice stuff but it happens. Or ppl join the co op but don’t know what Regatta is yet, or what happens if they don’t do all the tasks. Either way, Playrix HAS to change the DEFAULT of new members automatically opted IN to Regatta because it’s just flat out wrong for Leaders and their teams. Just a bad idea, and every leader hates it. We work hard on our co ops. We should be honored by being allowed to keep dead beats out of Regatta, if not only for the sake of all the committed, long time members we have already had, that have worked long and hard for Golden Regatta, only to be knocked out by a player who DEFAULTS into Regatta then doesn’t play? Quite ridiculous rule. I hope they change it. It’s defeating.

I also hope they fix the Factory pop up window back to previous update. It’s popping up all over the place and giving me migraines. Thanks to whoever is reading this and listening. It helps to post about this stuff.
    Have a great week!
    I agree with both! Have a good week yourself!
    Android: Wasteda Way, level 95, Kilanderville #KNKVXL
    Windows: Northwood, level 33

The Futless Rule: You may not want to but you must.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Junction View Post
    I dont understand why leaders would use this instead of just booting a non-responsive player. ... Control over how people play their game ends at rules for participation in our co-ops and the ability to kick them. No need for more control than that imo.
    IMO the ability of the leader to set the coop rules has to include the ability to enforce them. Booting a player helps sometimes but isn't enough by itself.

Others have pointed out issues with new coop members who mess up the coop in the first race after joining. By the time the leader can see the new player needs to be booted, the current race is already ruined.

The leader ability to set a player to not racing is also not entirely effective, because players can change that setting back up to an hour before the race starts.

I have long thought that if a leader has changed a player to not racing, then the leader or co-leader should be the only ones with the ability to change it back to racing.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 01-22-2020 at 10:52 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Actually you can just select restrict from regatta.
    CyndiLouWho

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Johnson View Post
    Actually you can just select restrict from regatta.
    You are replying to a post from January 2018. The gameplay has been changed since, with the feature you mention.
    Last edited by _DD_; 01-26-2020 at 06:04 PM. Reason: added link

Okay thanks for letting me know I was confused
    CyndiLouWho

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Johnson View Post
    Okay thanks for letting me know I was confused
    you're welcome, but you can also check that yourself:

Screenshot_20200126-205932.jpg (tap/click to enlarge)

and also, btw, whether a post has been answered already (1 - a million times ).