Thread: Buying Regatta Wins

Buying Regatta Wins

Wouldn't it be nice if all those people who buy their way to maximum points in regattas were put into separate leagues of their own to fight it out among themselves whilst those who try to use strategy and foresight could have chance to reach the top three in their own leagues. I am in the gold league in a team of two. After 3 days of the last regatta three teams had already reached t,he maximum 4320 points. I feel like giving up!

Hi Worksop1 and welcome to the Forum.

Your complaint comes up frequently.
    We must not rule out the possibility that the teams you are racing against are highly skilled at doing a Regatta.
    And skill and preparation are keys to making a top 3.

Anyway, don't give up please! Life is a struggle and so are Regattas. Hand in there pal.

Kind Regards,
    Cobalt

Hi Cobalt, I've hung on for a week or two. Same thing, top 6 or so all score maximum 4320 points in first three days of regatta. Unless I spend my pension buying Township cash I have no chance. Guess I'll have to find another game or abandon regattas and concentrate on being a good mayor to my town. Thanks for listening to my moan anyway.

I have 2 towns. One I race in a top GLB co-op; tcash is necessary when racing there (refreshing for tasks, etc).

The other one I race in my solo co-op. I don't need 3 days to finish 16 tasks (I usually finish in 1-2 days, depending on the tasks I want to do) & I don't spend tcash except for the 10 that's needed for the 16th task. Prepping, setting up the board, lining up tasks in advance, goes a long way in being able to do that. No tcash necessary.