Thread: Sync Town On Desktop & Mobile Version

Sync Town On Desktop & Mobile Version

I would like to suggest syncing progress on both the desktop game and mobile version.

I have both and they are two different towns. Would be cool to be able to log in with my FaceBook account on both devices and be able to play in the same town/game and have the progress synced.

Unfortunately, there's no way for the different platforms to communicate, so, iOS (iPhone/iPad), android (Samsung/Sony/etc) kindle, Mac, and windows, are all different and can not open the same town on differing devices.

(Can iPhone/iPad/Mac all switch with each other, since Mac is iOS? I feel like the answer is no, but I'm not sure why...)

You can have the same town and sync progress between Android <-> iOS <-> Kindle.
    The Windows version can by synced only with other windows devices (mobile and PC)
    MAC version is separate, can't be synced with anything.

Ooh, did not know that, thank you.

I'm sure there's all sorts of computer jargon involved, but I'm confused as to how android and iOS can sync, yet a Mac, run on iOS, can't...

Weird, at least in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Ooh, did not know that, thank you.

I'm sure there's all sorts of computer jargon involved, but I'm confused as to how android and iOS can sync, yet a Mac, run on iOS, can't...

Weird, at least in my mind.
    iOS and MAC are different operating systems: iOS is made for and used on mobile devices (phones, tablets, etc.) while MAC is made for laptops/PCs. While they are based and derived from a common core, they differ a lot when it comes to their interface - one is built for touch based interaction and the other for mouse/keyboard/.. (that's one of the differences, but not the only one).

I have all three, comp, kindle and android. I cant seem to get the kindle and the phone to sync... have been trying to find answers on my own with no luck. Please help me, thank you in advance. Lori Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Hash Scott View Post
    I have all three, comp, kindle and android. I cant seem to get the kindle and the phone to sync... have been trying to find answers on my own with no luck. Please help me, thank you in advance. Lori Scott
    Hi,

You can't have the same town on all 3 devices - PC (windows), phone (android) and Kindle - the platforms are not compatible. You can sync your town between android and kindle, but not the same town as windows.
    So if you want to play on all three devices, you'll have two separate, not connected towns: one on Windows, one on android/kindle.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES