Thread: Selling Houses?

Selling Houses?

I am rearranging my town & when I move a house, it gives me the option to sell. If I sell one, does it take away from my population?
    Can I sell small houses & buy a larger one ? Bynum Hill level 73. Pam Yates Bynum on FB. Thank you for any replies or suggestions where to look in the forum.

You can sell any houses you want, but your population will decrease. So if you want to buy factories/expansions later on, that require a certain amount of population, you will have to buy and build those houses again.

When I was a bit lower level (say, 40s), I finally started to really get my town looking how I wanted it. Got all available CBs built...

Not sure if it was my math that was off or whatever, but I'd build the CB, unlock the new house, and not quite have enough population opened up to buy it.

I sold off a lot of houses.
    All the first lot, the little cottages and the blue things, and all those.

For a while I went along below my population cap. Got my town organised, then around level 50 I just decided to build them all back. Level 61 now and I've had max population for a good while.

If you're considering selling (or not building) housing; immediately, it will only affect your population numbers. Further along, it could affect your ability to purchase buildings/land/farm plots.

At level 73, if you want to sell the first 4 houses that are worth 5 people each, and take I think 2 minutes to build, you're not really going to see any problems from that for a long while.

Selling houses isn't particularly recommended, however, keep an eye on what population your next land expansion/building needs, and if you're still well above it, sell.

Worst comes to the worst, you reach a point where you need max population to open something, so you build them back, get the thing, and sell them again.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    You can sell any houses you want, but your population will decrease. So if you want to buy factories/expansions later on, that require a certain amount of population, you will have to buy and build those houses again.
    Thank You!