Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solo vs Group racing

Solo vs Group racing

I've seen a number of comments of various threads about solo racers having an unfair advantage in regatta.

I've done both. Coming out of a fairly large co-op, I just completed my first week solo. Finished all tasks, except for the extra one requiring payment, in one day. I got to pick and choose the tasks I wanted to play and was able to set things up so that task completion was easy and smooth. I choose only those with 135 points. I'm sitting in first place with 945 points with my competition days and fathoms behind.

I get only 3 buoys and 5 prizes (nothing exciting) to pick from. I cannot achieve any more, even with the paid task. All that is left will be the placement prizes at the end of the race. I fail to see any unfair advantage except possibly leaderboard ranking which gains nothing but bragging rights. And maybe with this new update, there might be a couple of things more that will be easier to attain once in the Golden League, but that remains to be seen.

So, racing solo, as with racing in a group, has both advantages and disadvantages and both can be significant depending on one's point of view. I miss the chatter. I miss being able to request products and have those requests filled in seconds. While I do have a number a generous, active players on my friends list, it doesn't compare to the help one gets from co-op members. But I enjoy be able to pick and choose tasks, dumping those, even the 135 pointers, that I have no desire to do. I didn't do a single plane or train task!!! I also didn't spend a single Tcash note to complete my race...although I may have to buy that final task because I just checked and there are a couple of racers coming after me!

Honestly, the way I see it, co-ops with multiple racers have more advantages than the solo racer.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by Hilary Johnson; 10-12-2016 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Autocorrect is dumb

Hi Hilary

I agree with you. The people complaining about the solo coop are interested in the Leaderboard. With the new bonus added for having everyone running the race things may change over time : if they give more points according to the number of racers, the solo coop will loose their advantage over time.

I am much more interested in the best position we can gain in a race for the better rewards. I will not kick out a player that opt out the race just to get a few points for the leaderboard.

Hi Hilary and Graylady. I love solo racing for all the reasons Hilary states, plus it fits my very laid back style of playing. Have no interest at all on being on any leader board and in fact, don't even want to race in Gold League.

Playrix has offered enough methods and incentives for ANY style of racing one prefers and the chronic complaints about solo racers gets a little old. As Hilary states, there are disadvantage and advantages to both styles.

Hilary, I find the chat in solo racing soooooo boring, I can almost predict the responses

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Hilary, I find the chat in solo racing soooooo boring, I can almost predict the responses
    Lol. The trouble is when it was just me in my co-op, I couldn't predict the responses!

Now I have an interesting time, as I was thanking my co-leader for some help, and my son pops up on the chat. This is at 7am this morning. Confused.com am I! Turns out he had gone to her uni to take his laptop as hers had broken! So thank goodness I was no longer a solo racer or I would have been searching for my son!

We are in the Golden League this week. The tasks seem to be better than I thought. Don't think we will be staying though as my co-leader has a lot of studying to do and hasn't had time to finish one task yet. But it doesn't bother me. I enjoy doing my tasks and it makes planning time and tasks around my town more enjoyable.

I like racing solo but I'm not convinced the rewards for coming in 1st in the golden league are worth the effort... I have zero interest in getting building supplies I'm already selling off as I receive them in the game. Think I'll finish my four races in the golden league and take it easy. I'm also seriously confused at how someone can get a perfect score, get the placement bonus, and have only dumped 50 tasks on average. Anyone else done the math? Is there some task dumping secret that gives you better odds with receiving 135 point tasks without having to dump a ton of tasks to weed out the lower point tasks?

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I've been bad! I've shared all sorts of personal info.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilary Johnson View Post
    I've been bad! I've shared all sorts of personal info.
    My co-op uses telepathy ☺️
    Last edited by Beezer Mann; 10-13-2016 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Emoji didn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer Mann View Post
    I like racing solo but I'm not convinced the rewards for coming in 1st in the golden league are worth the effort... I have zero interest in getting building supplies I'm already selling off as I receive them in the game. Think I'll finish my four races in the golden league and take it easy. I'm also seriously confused at how someone can get a perfect score, get the placement bonus, and have only dumped 50 tasks on average. Anyone else done the math? Is there some task dumping secret that gives you better odds with receiving 135 point tasks without having to dump a ton of tasks to weed out the lower point tasks?
    I think it is down to luck and sheer persistence in dumping lower tasks. I am not bothered about the leaderboard, so I dump a lot of the tasks and fingers crossed, we have had some decent tasks come through so far. As for the perfect score, I think it may depend on your level as well as luck, especially for the tasks that are achievable if you have upgraded your factories/trains/islands etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hyacinth View Post
    I think it is down to luck and sheer persistence in dumping lower tasks. I am not bothered about the leaderboard, so I dump a lot of the tasks and fingers crossed, we have had some decent tasks come through so far. As for the perfect score, I think it may depend on your level as well as luck, especially for the tasks that are achievable if you have upgraded your factories/trains/islands etc.
    I see what you're saying but to be able to get 16 135pt tasks by only dumping 50 for 4 races in a row seems beyond lucky. Maybe my math is wrong but I finished first in the golden league, only dumped until I received 16 135 tasks, I didn't keep dumping to see if I could get easier tasks, just did the first 16 I was dealt and I dumped 86 tasks. I can understand getting lucky a race here and there but four races in a row with only dumping 50 tasks and getting the position bonus? There's gotta be some sort of task getting secret I'm missing because it just seems impossible

I'm also at level 93 and have all my factories and such, speed and ability to finish tasks is not a problem. My fastest time in the golden league is 11.5 hours... I'm betting there are solo co-ops that will smoke me, but that time isn't that bad...
    Last edited by Beezer Mann; 10-13-2016 at 09:28 AM.