Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Member Priority

Team Member Priority

Flagging crates in planes or trains should be shown to team members first before other players can see it. That is what the coop is for.. helping each other first.
    Syncing and Internet connection speed should not determine who is helping first or more.

I guess I'm not understanding your request...

I ask for a help, and I get a help, win for me, regardless of where it's from.

I give a help, I get a clover, win for me, regardless of who it's from.

Why make people wait for someone specific who may or may not come online, and then may or may not have the product you need?

I get it.. a small delay, even of just a couple of seconds, between the request appearing in our chat and going out to friends/the wider world would be useful for always giving my teammates the chance to get in first. We have a minimum help requirement and are expected to make as many requests as possible to gain us all maximum clovers. I have one coop-mate whose Facebook friends seem to just lurk and watch for help requests and almost always seem to pip me to it by a split second. I often poke their avatars, which makes me feel a bit better, but I’d rather get the clover..

It would be helpful many times. First when a team mate need more clovers in order to take such a task. Second, when a team mate has to fill plane crates.

I have a lot of very good friends with a better connection with me then my co-op. If I want help specifically from a co-op member, I have to make sure they have the stuff ready, make only 1 request and that player has to rush to fill it. Only then will I make another request.

Yeah we've had the same in our co-op. We can see requests being filled by friends before the request has even reached chat. Although we also have team members ready and waiting in our towns before flagging planes and trains, sometimes they do get ninja'd.

In my coop we ask a lot of help, for every train and every plane, even if we have the needed item and there is the rush to fulfil the requests. It is fun, a game in the game. Often a plane or a train leaves in minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    I ask for a help, and I get a help, win for me, regardless of where it's from.

I give a help, I get a clover, win for me, regardless of who it's from.

Why make people wait for someone specific who may or may not come online, and then may or may not have the product you need?
    I am in agreement with Nevada on this one. If it could be done, maybe a "small delay" like Bess said (for the sake of folks in coops), and I was wondering who was "poking" my avatar lol . The people on my friends list, when I check it, and I check it often, if I can fill it, I do so immediately. It would also drive me "nuts" having to type in chat, "Okay guys, I am going to need cheese, fixing to request, you ready?" Course that's just me, and I would think that would be the whole point of being in a coop, guess my thought process is a little "anti-social," but I say: first come, first served And not being in a coop, I am going to hit that friends list as fast and swift as I can (at least I do have a tendacy to run "slow" most days )

In a full coop there’s just no way you can have everyone announce every help request, it’d be mayhem. I’m not sure it would help anyway.. I can be looking at my teammates’ trains and still get beaten to it by his FB friends! It seems to me that FB friends get priority, as Pink says, and see the request before any other mechanism even picks it up. Rather than it being legitimately ‘first come first served’ as Sweetness calls it, it’s actually first SEEN first served. I’d just like the first to see it to be my coop members. And if the delay was only a second or two, (or just equalised, if FBookers are indeed getting priority dibs) that wouldn’t have any meaningful impact on how fast our trains/planes got sent out. It might be slightly tougher on single racers, but if giving and getting help was a big priority for them they’d probably be in a coop already. Plus I suspect they’re really only seeing help requests in the friends tab that both FB pouncers and coop help-ninjas have already passed on in the first 2 or 3 seconds anyway.

Aah, I see. I was thinking like, a 10 minute delay or something.

I would like to change my previous response then, to say that yes, a request should pop up in co-op chat before it hits the general friend list. A 10, or even 30 delay would, I think, be a good thing.

If you are in a coop which is very active, a delay could work well, but if youre in a single coop, or one whos players are inactive a lot of the time or even if youre not in a coop, a delay would be really frustrating. If you had to wait a certain amount of time before your request showed up for other players to fill, that would have a negative impact on your game.