Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculously Difficult: actual numbers

After completing level 206 I had a nice surprise! I was given an actual gift - nothing that I had to win or pay for: two big potted plants for each side of the side entrance.

I'm now at level 210 and it's driving me bats. I have to collect 24 garden gnomes and 50 leaves. Well, several times I've collected all the gnomes, and had a rainbow blast set up in the final move to collect all the green leaves, but there just weren't enough leaves. On the last attempt I collected 49 out of the 50! That is so frustrating. There's nothing I can do to create more leaves if they are just not there, even with boosters.

Quote Originally Posted by LilacViking View Post
    Hi,
    I'm only on level 65 on day 3. Well, only 56% of day 3. You said you were in area 3 and I'm wondering where that is. I'm still in the treehouse area trying to wash the dog.
    At the rates you describe, I'll be lucky if I get to any other portions of the grounds. I was really looking forward to seeing how the gardens, and other areas, looked when finished. Unfortunately I am quite sure that my frustration will prevent that from happening.
    Games should be fun. Challenging is all well and good, but not to the point that the continued frustration causes stress. We have enough stress in our day without downloading more. And I hope Playrix realizes this one day.
    Thanks for posting this information. I found it very interesting.
    Area 3 is next to the tree house. It's excruciatingly slow. The tree house area has lots of gardening - this area has a fountain and you spend about 50 or more levels just fixing the fountain and chopping down trees, then fixing the fountain again when the trees fall on it! I'm at level 210 and the only gardening that's happened is putting in and trimming some hedges - still only 73% through Day 3.

Degree of difficulty

I started playing this game because I watched a video for it while playing another game. It looked really fun! I have been playing for less than a week and am close to uninstalling it. I like a challenging game, however this game is more frustrating than fun. I spend only a few minutes playing and then have to wait for my lives to restore. 900 coins is absurd to spend for an additional 5 moves! It is too hard to accumulate coins. I don't expect to beat every level on the first try, but the degree of difficulty is too high. I'm only on level 36 and imagine it only gets harder. Games should be fun. Unfortunately this game is losing the fun factor before I get the chance to advance.

Agree. Love the game but have been stuck on same level (65) for 3 days. Used all coins and helps on this one level. Sad could have been one of my favs.

I am about to delete this game. Some levels are so difficult and spending a week and having to decide to spend money to get through it is not my idea of fun. Definitely not a game for children. Should be able to pick difficulty.

I agree with all of you! The level of difficulty is ridiculous! It takes days to finish one level! The game started out so fun and I was enjoying it so much! But now its just a bother and it only frustrates me when I do play it. Please help us out Playrix!

Difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by JD08 View Post
    I started playing this game because I watched a video for it while playing another game. It looked really fun! I have been playing for less than a week and am close to uninstalling it. I like a challenging game, however this game is more frustrating than fun. I spend only a few minutes playing and then have to wait for my lives to restore. 900 coins is absurd to spend for an additional 5 moves! It is too hard to accumulate coins. I don't expect to beat every level on the first try, but the degree of difficulty is too high. I'm only on level 36 and imagine it only gets harder. Games should be fun. Unfortunately this game is losing the fun factor before I get the chance to advance.
    I absolutely agree...I come here to play games and relax, it it very frustrating when it takes me over a week to finish one level, the difficulty level is too high, then it takes another two weeks maybe to get 900 coins, and that still doesn't help, and then it takes forever to get lives...I've also lost the fun factor, which is what all these games should be...FUN

They want you to spend money, that's the idea for them, they don't realize that if it was easier, you would be more readily agreeable to spend money, but when you get stuck at every corner, you know you will have to spend money all the time for everything, not good, hit Delete...

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota1157 View Post
    They want you to spend money, that's the idea for them, they don't realize that if it was easier, you would be more readily agreeable to spend money, but when you get stuck at every corner, you know you will have to spend money all the time for everything, not good, hit Delete...
    Unfortunately, the base-line degree of difficulty is not the only problem players face. I have been waiting over for a month for a straight answer on why Gardenscapes is designed to force some players to pay more stars per task than others. Check out this thread I started in "Suggestions":

http://forum.playrix.com/showthread....-of-customers)

My problem with Gardenscapes at present is not the degree of difficulty, it is the fact that the game is not even designed to be "fair"---it is not equally difficult for all players. As I have mentioned on that thread, I hope this discrepancy is just a "bug," but after being asking to resubmit my support request time and again and reading on the forums that this said "bug" has been solved when the evidence suggests otherwise, I am starting to wonder if this is a discrepancy by design. It is a good business tactic if that is what this "bug" is, and I am fine with that...I just wish in that case that the Gardenscapes team would give me a straight answer on this issue so I know whether it's really worth my time playing an unfair game...

What's so ironic about this situation is if Gardenscapes was actually designed to be equally challenging for all players, I would be more willing to spend real money on coins and such...

This whole game is so frustrating. I have made it to garden 3 but can l get that fountain built can l heck. After much ado l go it built and repaired only for the butler to smash it to pieces with a tree. So now l am back trying to get it repaired yet again. The builder worked on it a day now is having a rest, trying to get 3 more levels done so it can be finished is a nightmare. I am getting fed up with whole game now.