Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Co-op Leaders- What do you look for when inviting new players?

Quote Originally Posted by Carole Sunnyside View Post
    If it's not working out after a period of observation, it's easier to tell them why and let them know they will be let go. Nicely, of course! I've learned to be a bit tougher lol.
    Haha! Awesome!

It'd be nice to be able to see the times of how long it takes someone to finish their tasks. Not just the co-ops you're racing against but individual statistics.

You know what really bugs me? Finishing all of the tasks and the game still treating you as if you're still racing. It'd be nice if there was an actual finishing line and the system let you and the other co-ops know who has finished their tasks without making them work for it. Unless a person has a perfect score, you'd have to actively track the other co-ops which is only fun when you're still racing and are invested on everyone else's progress. (Yes, I do that.) Just my two cents ☺️

Hi Beezer Man

Sorry but I would not like a finish line where the first team to do all the tasks would win for 2 reasons. The first is the time zone problem: we do start our race 3 to 4 hours behind and are at a clear disadvantage. Second only the richest would win by buying/speeding everything. I find the regatta perfect as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Beezer Man

Sorry but I would not like a finish line where the first team to do all the tasks would win for 2 reasons. The first is the time zone problem: we do start our race 3 to 4 hours behind and are at a clear disadvantage. Second only the richest would win by buying/speeding everything. I find the regatta perfect as they are.
    Graylady... I apologize... I didn't express myself very well... I'm not saying there would be any different result, just saying that within the 15 team race, it'd be nice to be able to see who has done their tasks and who is still going Not a global finish line, that would be a bit unfair although I am a crazy PST racer who sets her alarm and races through the night.

Thanks for the feedback ☺️

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer Mann View Post
    Graylady... I apologize... I didn't express myself very well... I'm not saying there would be any different result, just saying that within the 15 team race, it'd be nice to be able to see who has done their tasks and who is still going Not a global finish line, that would be a bit unfair although I am a crazy PST racer who sets her alarm and races through the night.

Thanks for the feedback ☺️
    I know what you mean. But this is the part that I like (in a funny way) the most. The point when your co-op has done all its tasks and then checking in to see how quickly the other ships are progressing. I want to know but I don't, similar to expecting a baby and being asked if you want to know the baby's gender

I am ambivalent about using "helped" as a measure of a potential player. There are lots of reasons why a person's help count would be low. Unfortunately, it's about the only "stat" visible from outside a co-op through the town hall.

My own situation makes me question the usefulness. For example, I have a very active and helpful co-op. Requests for "crate / railcar" help or "product requests" flash by so quickly in the chat that it's often a race to see who helps first. So the overall co-op help counts may be high but a single player may just not be quick enough.

I usually have up to the 150 limit on letters / clovers so I do not need them so I will give others a chance to respond to help requests first so that they can fill up on clovers.

Speaking of clovers, I make it a point to ask for help on at least one railcar of every train and in each row of crates of an airplane whether I need help or not. I also periodically issue requests for easy products. I do this so other team members can have a chance to earn clovers for a quick House of Luck tasks.

How long do I wait? Usually a few minutes before trying to help another or to fill my own plane / train and send it on its way. But these activities seriously reduce my help count compared to others in the co-op.

I understand there are reasons to ask for "givers" not just "takers" in co-ops, you do want a team player. But at the same time, I have some reservations when I see posts from co-ops looking for players that say things like "500 helps minimum or you will be booted". I don't see how that statistic is all that useful in determining how good a player someone is.

Anyway, that's my rant and I'm sticking to it

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I understand there are reasons to ask for "givers" not just "takers" in co-ops, you do want a team player. But at the same time, I have some reservations when I see posts from co-ops looking for players that say things like "500 helps minimum or you will be booted". I don't see how that statistic is all that useful in determining how good a player someone is.

Anyway, that's my rant and I'm sticking to it
    People really dictate 500 helps or you're out? I guess with higher number of teammates that actually may be possible but it just seems a bit ridiculous. But I really don't have any experience with that level of competition because I'm a one Mann show.

I do that too with my trains and planes, give my neighbors a chance to earn a clover, but I only wait as long as I can stand it I have to rely on myself for a lot but I do like to use up all 150 clovers in and after the regatta so I can have the challenge of stocking up before the next race ☺️

Quote Originally Posted by hyacinth View Post
    I know what you mean. But this is the part that I like (in a funny way) the most. The point when your co-op has done all its tasks and then checking in to see how quickly the other ships are progressing. I want to know but I don't, similar to expecting a baby and being asked if you want to know the baby's gender
    What if the "finish line" was like an animated thing you got to see your boat reach, just like how the boats don't move until you go to the competition tab and then they sail to the next spot... one by one you could see a boat have their own victory celebration when reaching the finish line? A ribbon and fireworks would be cool

Also, what if you could be a spectator to other 15 team races? I'd love to be able to see what the competition is like for the bigger team races without having to be on a big team 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer Mann View Post
    People really dictate 500 helps or you're out?
    Well, I may have engaged in a bit of hyperbole to stress the point that some co-ops set a "minimum help requirement" as criteria for continued membership. I have seen announcements / recruitment posts that set numbers at what I thought were unreasonably high.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Well, I may have engaged in a bit of hyperbole to stress the point that some co-ops set a "minimum help requirement" as criteria for continued membership. I have seen announcements / recruitment posts that set numbers at what I thought were unreasonably high.
    Aww... I understand