Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Co-op Leaders- What do you look for when inviting new players?

Co-op Leaders- What do you look for when inviting new players?

I thought this would be an interesting question to ask and I'm tired of searching to see if anyone else has asked something like it.

I could possibly be totally wrong but it seems that the less favorable way of gaining new co-op members is to invite people directly from their farm. Over the past several weeks I've received a fair amount of invitations to join other co-ops even though I'm already in one.

So, I'm wondering if there are things that leaders look for when they search for new members or are people just adding people at random regardless of who they are? Is there some sort of search tool or something? Just curious to see where this conversation will lead and what new information will come out of it. I love learning new things about this game ☺️

Farm Level: 90+
    iOS
    Manns World

Hi Beeper Mann. I've also been asked to join coops eventhough I'm in one. Normally u check person out as in if they are good at helping etc, as we have had to kick people out of coop due to not helping n for maybe only doing 1 or 2 tasks you have to be careful who u pick. Hope that helps and good luck 😀

How do you check a person out ?? Where do you go - how do you - find other players not in your friends list ?? Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

On anyone's town page, go to their main town hall bldg, you might have to search for it, but it will have a little icon on it like a "bar chart"
    That building shows their statistics
    Look for help points both for coop and or neighbors. Also look to see if they are actively sending off planes trains and ships.

Hmm didnt know this
    Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by birchstix View Post
    On anyone's town page, go to their main town hall bldg, you might have to search for it, but it will have a little icon on it like a "bar chart"
    That building shows their statistics
    Look for help points both for coop and or neighbors. Also look to see if they are actively sending off planes trains and ships.

If you do not see their Town Hall, just click on their name in the upper left part of the screen and it will open the Town Hall with their stats.

I have found it difficult to find suitable members for my co-op. The only reliable way that I've found is by selecting players from my old co-op to form a new co-op. I've seen how well they help, how able they are to race in the regatta, and I have also got to know them so I have confidence in the whole team.

Making the co-op open is very risky, you have no control over who joins. They could be excellent for your team or they could be less active, unhelpful and possibly troublesome. Inviting is not reliable because even if you check out their help stats in the townhall and see how many orders etc they have fulfilled, you can't know how active they are NOW. I accepted a co-op request from someone whose help stats were good and who came with a recommendation from one of my members that knew him as a good racer from a previous co-op, but when he joined us he said he was too busy to race now and proved not to be a good team player. There is a limit to how much you can check someone out before you let them join, you do take a risk unfortunately.

I suppose you have to be prepared to remove someone from the team if they turn out not to be what you want.

Carol-very interesting observations. I was in a co-op where the teammates became decreasingly interested in actively participating in the regatta, they didn't talk except to thank when people helped and I'm fairly certain no one was dumping tasks. So I decided to race alone and see what that's like.

Even if someone liked my stats, they couldn't tell how helpful I am but I should add that most of my old teammates are now on my friends list and I still actively try to help everyone out as much as I can.

It's very interesting to read about all the different types of co-ops and how they interact and it's still very intriguing how many invites I've received hearing about all the negative reasons why that's not the best way to gain the type of member you're looking for for your co-ops goals.

It would be extremely helpful if you could talk to a co-op leader before accepting a request or if a co-op leader could "interview" a person before inviting them into the fold
    Last edited by Beezer Mann; 10-10-2016 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Wanted to add something

I do check their stats but i also go a step further and talk to them, usually via FB, to see what they are looking for in a coop and to see if we are a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer Mann View Post
    It would be extremely helpful if you could talk to a co-op leader before accepting a request or if a co-op leader could "interview" a person before inviting them into the fold
    That's actually what I would do if I was looking for new people. Obviously they would have to have joined the co-op first, but I would chat with them as soon as possible to find out if they are actively racing, if they play much, and to let them know what kind of player I am looking for. If it's not working out after a period of observation, it's easier to tell them why and let them know they will be let go. Nicely, of course! I've learned to be a bit tougher lol.