Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seasonal Tasks

Seasonal Tasks

We dropped to steel this week (which I’m still internally crying about but that’s another story), so, I figure plenty of time to get tasks done since we can only do 12, and, going to need a token boost, so I might as well hit up the misery(lol, more Vuurvl inspiration, I believe) tasks.

Lucky me, I got a “send boats to Frutus”. Yay. (I suppose it could have been worse, but, it’s not a task I’d choose).

Now, I thought the point of misery tasks was that they were supposed to be a little easier than their unveiled counterparts because they’re surprise tasks.

There is currently a “send to Frutus” on the board, 11 boats for 135.
    My misery task is 10 boats for 135.

I have all four boats, so, 10 or 11 is no different for completion time.
    Even if I only had three boats, it’s still no different.

Why is this?
    Is it because you can’t prep for this task either way, so it doesn’t matter? If so, that’s potentially not true. What if I already just sent a couple boats to Frutus, and a couple to Olivia? Now I’m messed up...

Is it just me that finds the numbers “off” here?
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    We dropped to steel this week (which I’m still internally crying about but that’s another story), so, I figure plenty of time to get tasks done since we can only do 12, and, going to need a token boost, so I might as well hit up the misery(lol, more Vuurvl inspiration, I believe) tasks.

Lucky me, I got a “send boats to Frutus”. Yay. (I suppose it could have been worse, but, it’s not a task I’d choose).

Now, I thought the point of misery tasks was that they were supposed to be a little easier than their unveiled counterparts because they’re surprise tasks.

There is currently a “send to Frutus” on the board, 11 boats for 135.
    My misery task is 10 boats for 135.

I have all four boats, so, 10 or 11 is no different for completion time.
    Even if I only had three boats, it’s still no different.

Why is this?
    Is it because you can’t prep for this task either way, so it doesn’t matter? If so, that’s potentially not true. What if I already just sent a couple boats to Frutus, and a couple to Olivia? Now I’m messed up...

Is it just me that finds the numbers “off” here?
    Mystery tasks are not always easier, or often only marginally easier. I still think this is part of their fun. You might get something you really hate, you might even get something you are likely to fail. The main thing with misery tasks I find, is WHEN you select them. You literally have to try to be ready for anything. It might be zoo hots, it might be rubber trees. Alas, in my case, it seems to be feed animals *yawwwwwn* about 70% of the time.

Garvie Out In Her Boat
    Coop: Zombies Rule Belgium

It is like a gamble or roulette type of gambling for me. When there’re more than one mystery tasks, I would choose one to see if I’m lucky (similar to choosing which box in house of luck). If I was lucky to get a fast and easy task, my teammates would pick the other mystery task betting on her luck, sometimes it worked (a lucky outcome), sometimes it’s misery.

Last weeks mystery tasks are mostly difficult and mean, so no one takes any mystery task now.

Last week I got mine followed by silk :aah!:

Pot luck, I know. Just not noticed one before as similar to it’s standard task.
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

They're a margin easier than their normal counterparts. It's just that for HoL and plane misery tasks that margin is actually pretty large in a relative sense because 6 becomes 5 and 4 becomes 3. Compare that to 11 becomes 10.

Good grief, silk. Yikes.
    Blue trashcan: dumping has no effect on current race, only deducts points from Global score (Global Leaderboard etc.)
    Red trashcan: DON'T USE unless you really wish to lose those points in your race!

Android Township player, township name Vuurvlinderstad
    Coop: De Oranjetompoucen, tag #DEQ8WE

yeah, 2 of us ended up with plane tasks. Mine was sending 3 planes, whereas hers was 2. Yesterday I got jasmine, but was able to use both crop boosters which made it much easier. I only choose them at certain times of the day, depending on what I'm producing etc, and so far haven't had anything too nasty. Tho I did get ships one after another, which was a bit much!
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

I very much dislike ships, and these misery tasks are the main reason I still haven’t opened the latter two islands. Ships to Olivia is bad enough, although grapes are a great bedtime task when I’ve already got half the task at the dock.

I definitely prefer the quicker tasks on the whole, unless it’s final task, but, something about that question mark gets into my head and I just have to pick it, lol!

I got silk last week.
    Not so much with the happy feels there.
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

I don't mind the ships. Much prefer them than planes and trains and prefer the crate task over trains themselves, but I'm fully upgraded, and in my larger town have plenty of ingots, so for me ships are not a problem. Right now I've taken a fish island task and using a booster so it's only 2 hours a trip.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I don't mind the ships. Much prefer them than planes and trains and prefer the crate task over trains themselves, but I'm fully upgraded, and in my larger town have plenty of ingots, so for me ships are not a problem. Right now I've taken a fish island task and using a booster so it's only 2 hours a trip.
    And I’m not jealous not at all nope.

I think my Frutus Island is level 2...
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a mystery task that your just not capable of?
    Like a factory product task if you have no such factory??