Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kicking out players in mid race

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    The important question is "did any other of your co-op select a task before that person as kicked out". If so, then that person counted as "racing" when your competition was set up.

Go check your competitors. In each, count the number of "racing" members. Compare against your co-op's racing members. If they have more "racing" than you do, you are at a disadvantage by kicking out a player who was opted-in because the competition can do more tasks than you can do.
    That's interesting. I was under the impression we had to opt out at least an hour before regatta in order to not count as a racer.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by GemGal View Post
    I have a question. In the alternate race with lower points, does it not bump your coop down to the next lower league if you don't get high points? It sounds like a good plan.
    I was wondering that. How do they manage to stay in the same league with all the casual racers? Do you have lots of racers? With the five or so we usually have, we'd drop for sure with a 1000 point target.

I think it is a great system, though. It seems so unfair how hard it is for lower level or less dedicated players to get a chance at racing, and this sounds like a great solution if you can make it work.
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    That's interesting. I was under the impression we had to opt out at least an hour before regatta in order to not count as a racer.
    Yes, that's the general impression. It wasn't clear when the kicking occurred so I gave them things to check to decide if they were at a disadvantage, which was their actual question.

ETA: I also had trouble resolving the "Late For the Regatta" (which implies happening before the race starts) with the title of the thread "Mid Race". The use of those terms is contradictory.
    Last edited by cdosr; 05-22-2020 at 10:01 PM.

What confused me was your question "did anyone select a task before the player was kicked out."

That question only matters if this order
    Event starts
    Player kicked
    First task taken

Would yield a different result from
    Event starts
    First task taken
    Player kicked

I didn't know that it does (or doesn't?)
    Last edited by Mayfield; 05-23-2020 at 04:58 AM.
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    What confused me was your question "did anyone select a task before the player was kicked out."

That question only matters if this order
    Event clock starts
    Player kicked
    First task taken

Would yield a different result from
    Event click starts
    First task taken
    Player kicked

I didn't know that it does.
    Also note the original post and my initial reply was almost 3.5 years ago. Who remembers what the rules were then or when they changed stuff?