Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kicking out players in mid race

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kicking out players in mid race

Our leader kicked out a member befor they selected a task. Will our coop be counted as late for the regatta because that person was opted in the race

No Waggels. The late rule applied when NOBODY in the coop take a tasks. One member has no impact when everyone else are doing their tasks.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 214, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

The important question is "did any other of your co-op select a task before that person as kicked out". If so, then that person counted as "racing" when your competition was set up.

Go check your competitors. In each, count the number of "racing" members. Compare against your co-op's racing members. If they have more "racing" than you do, you are at a disadvantage by kicking out a player who was opted-in because the competition can do more tasks than you can do.
    Last edited by cdosr; 10-06-2016 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    The important question is "did any other of your co-op select a task before that person as kicked out". If so, then that person counted as "racing" when your competition was set up.

Go check your competitors. In each, count the number of "racing" members. Compare against your co-op's racing members. If they have more "racing" than you do, you are at a disadvantage by kicking out a player who was opted-in because the competition can do more tasks than you can do.
    Exactly right. It will be interesting to see if the co-op had already entered the race.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post

That's interesting. I was under the impression we had to opt out at least an hour before regatta in order to not count as a racer.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    That's interesting. I was under the impression we had to opt out at least an hour before regatta in order to not count as a racer.
    Yes, that's the general impression. It wasn't clear when the kicking occurred so I gave them things to check to decide if they were at a disadvantage, which was their actual question.

ETA: I also had trouble resolving the "Late For the Regatta" (which implies happening before the race starts) with the title of the thread "Mid Race". The use of those terms is contradictory.
    Last edited by cdosr; 05-22-2020 at 10:01 PM.

I did exactly that - kicked out a member that joined, had their status set as participating but was not taking any tasks or helping other members at all. She was not even playing her town as her crops and the plane and train cars were not changing. I then changed from 'open' to 'by request' and raised the minimum level to 30 as our lowest active member is level 32.

Yes, we were one short compared to the teams we were racing against but we still came in first place.

This is probably known by everyone but me. If I kick a plea who has points during regatta does our coop loose those points? We have some slackers that I am so tired of them getting all the rewards we play to get.
    Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

Quote Originally Posted by Dianfred View Post
    This is probably known by everyone but me. If I kick a plea who has points during regatta does our coop loose those points? We have some slackers that I am so tired of them getting all the rewards we play to get.
    Nope, you keep the point and they loose the chance to collect the prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianfred View Post
    Why kick them out during the regatta? They might bring in more points and that would benefit the whole team. Even if not, they have still earned some points that will have bumped up your score.

I do know its frustrating to see less active players reaping the rewards that others have worked harder for, but it seems mean-spirited to kick them out just to prevent them getting any rewards. Co-ops can be harsh and unfriendly places which bring out the worst in people, and kicking people to punish them won't improve the general situation. Perhaps remove these players just before the next regatta begins?