Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Township Forum Rock Stars XI & XII

YEY! Dreadnought and Bethany made GOLD! I cannot begin to express my appreciation to these two. This has really made my day! Dread and Bethany are an awesome wealth of knowledge. I have seen them both giving so freely of their time to others and are an invaluable asset to this Forum. Congratulations Guys! Can't wait to see who else comes up (these were the first two I noticed).
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

Thank you, Sweetness! I usually look for your posts, so I don't know how I missed this one. Then again, I have long periods when I'm so busy with school that I don't have as much time as I'd like to read posts, so I must have missed this due to one of those times.

I didn't even know this thread was here! lol I'm honored to be a gold member. It was a big surprise. I love the Playrix forums. There are so many fabulous members here. Congrats to the gold members I missed! Congrats, Dread! I really enjoy reading your posts. Cobalt is another of my fave posters. Lots of fun stuff to read!

Amoria, you're doing such a great job! There are some new moderators here that I don't know very well, so I hope to get to know them better in the future. Thanks again!
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 116
    Co-op: Spring's Bounty - International Regatta Community
    Forum Member: December 2015

Amazing friends - and a story of how they helped me and my iPad 4/only capable of iOS 10.3.3 (max 36 GB) figure out my problem so I could get back into the game - and also how they helped my iPad work better.

First a little history: when the co-op feature was first introduced, friends and I formed a co-op called “Goods Galore Emporium”. We called it GG’s. It was a blast; a wonderful and wild ride. But our dear GG’s wasn’t able to stay together for various reasons and no one’s fault. In the co-op we got to know each other better and learn our similarities as well as differences. So some left to set up solo co-ops; others, like me, left in groups, to form new co-ops. Yet – we kept in touch.

On December 26, 2016 Ralph Carson, the leader of our original GG’s co-op died. Ralph's dying was a personal loss for all of us and many others. He had been not only a friend, but was an invaluable person to the game of Township: to the Playrix Developers re his astounding feedback when Beta testing, and a witty and wise teacher and mentor to so many of us on the Forum.

I think it was early 2017 when some former GG players set up a new Facebook group called “Ralph’s Bevy of Beauties” in honour of Ralph. He called us that as he was the sole male player in our co-op. Most former GG members joined – and – to this day, we continue to share news, game questions, fun videos, requests for ideas and help. We still keep in touch. (We call our group “The Bevy” for short.) Ralph’s final words to us, in an email, just before he died, was “Stay friends.” We heard you Ralph!

A few years ago one of my Township friends asked if we were friends in the real sense of the word, or ‘just digital friends’. I said that I thought “We have become real friends in the real sense of what friendship means.” We had been thru wonderful and difficult times together – yet we keep in contact: we knew what each other looked like (via sharing pictures of ourselves in our private Facebook group), many of us had shared our private personal email addresses with each other and shared personal news, personal tragedies, hardships and joys, etc. and so on.) AND – we were playing together – whether we were in the same co-op or not – we still supported and helped each other. We were and still are ‘real people’ to each other.

Our ‘friendships’ bore true for me, personally, the week starting May 31, 2019.

A friend in our co-op posted that there was a new Township update. I tried to download it, but couldn’t. A friend suggested I delete things on my iPad so I have more GB’s available. I went onto iTunes (on my PC) and tried to offload pics and videos etc. from iPad to PC. THEN - I had over 3 GB of space available on my iPad. Still couldn't update Township.

So I just deleted the Township App and tried to re-install (as I have done successfully many times before). I couldn't re-install! No game on my iPad! My first thought was not about my trains/planes/zoo. It was “Oh no, I’ll miss the laughter and everyone’s news! Or, as we often go days without chatting “Oh no, I’ll miss 99 posts of Thank you’s and You’re Welcome’s!”

I went to Playrix's website and emailed a message to Customer Support, explaining the info above. They replied and ‘in a nutshell’ said I should open a new request from WITHIN THE GAME. I replied ‘again’, saying that "I am NOT within the game. The game is not on my iPad." That was May 31, 2019. I haven’t received any reply since – and today is June 14th.

Meanwhile, my own co-op as well as Bevy friends (in other co-ops) were incredibly supportive. Many sent prayers and love that I’d be back soon. Those who had some experience fixing iPad problems offered suggestions. One friend sent me suggestions on deleting things on my iPad and clearing my cache. Another friend (consulting with her daughter – also a Township player) sent me daily emails, suggesting I try this, that, this, that (for example after clearing my cache and doing a back-up, turn my iPad off for a full 8 hours to allow it a good period of time to refresh; or try downloading an app that I hadn’t used in a long time; or try downloading a totally new app – to see if that would get the App Store app moving.

None of these suggestions worked. Zena said to me in one email: “We’ll get it sweet.” She was determined to see me through to getting things sorted out. THEN a friend in my co-op, offered to mail me her iPad Air!! (Generous? Ohmigosh, eh?) I was humbled! And so grateful at the amazing support coming from so many friends. There are simply no words.

After trying everything above, Zena’s daughter finally concluded: “I think it’s a problem with the App Store itself.” I Googled to see if iPad users were experiencing App Store problems - but found ZERO information! Then on June 7, 2019, one of my co-op friends from the Netherlands sent me an email: she saw on the news (in her country) that Apple’s App Store had suffered a malfunction which had impacted people in quite a few parts of the world – and – at the time of her email – Apple had ‘now’ fixed the problem.

I took a deep breath, did a back-up on my iPad, and then tried to update Facebook (also hadn’t been able to update). It worked! Then I went to the App Store, looked for Township – tapped on the download icon. My game downloaded! All was good - my Town was back – WITH the update - (and tons of changes I’m still getting used to ha

There’s no way to describe my gratitude for the tons of posts and emails from my co-op and the Bevy – the incredible support and help that came my way. AND - one friend in our co-op – when she read the advice I was getting, she tried it out. She hadn’t been able to update Township on her old iPad for a long time. Guess what? It downloaded with the latest update!

After all was good – one friend laughingly wrote: “So support was at The Bevy! ;-)” Yep, “Bevy Customer Support” – BCS – thank you one and all; I’m so blessed to have you in my life!

P.S. I had no clue where to post this. One friend suggested the Lounge. There are so many threads. Then I found the thread for Township Rock Stars. Yahoo - that makes perfect sense re my friends!
    Sandy aka truck taz
    Level 186
    Co-op: Merry Musketeers
    At max of in-game friends but pending works well ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Amazing friends - and a story of how they helped me and my iPad 4
    What a wonderful story (in the end), Sandy, thanks so much for sharing! I can well imagine how heart-warming this is for you

Morning Sandy....we will be the GGs and the Musketeers always, tied up with a bow of love and now we can add Sherlock Holmes to our shield Lol .
    Zena's Greenlands
    L168.....Zoo L45

IOS iPad

From the Land Downunder ....Australia

🇦🇺 Australia ❤️ From me to you New Zealand 🇳🇿

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Amazing friends - and a story of how they helped me and my iPad 4/only capable of iOS 10.3.3 (max 36 GB) figure out my problem so I could get back into the game - and also how they helped my iPad work better.
    On December 26, 2016 Ralph Carson, the leader of our original GG’s co-op died. Ralph's dying was a personal loss for all of us and many others. He had been not only a friend, but was an invaluable person to the game of Township: to the Playrix Developers re his astounding feedback when Beta testing, and a witty and wise teacher and mentor to so many of us on the Forum.
    Thanks for posting, Sandy. I'm glad you have your town back on your iPad. I'm also glad to hear a little more of Ralph Carson's history; I'd seen mention of him on the Forum, but now I better understand why he was so well loved.
    Town name: Crabgrass Meadows
    Co-op: Peachville co-op, #PENRV9
    Playing on Samsung S8 phone