Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Super Annoyed With Austin?

Anyone Else Super Annoyed With Austin?

Hi, am new to this forum! Glad to see many other players in this endless struggle of grinding for stars lol.

I guess many of you have already complained about the difficulty and minimal coins and stars rewarded at each level so I won't go further into that. I play infrequently so although I too am frustrated by all that, I am still playing now and then when I have time or feel extra lucky.

One thing that really does get on my nerves - AUSTIN. For some reason, I get really pissed off at him. Firstly, if I am not mistaken, this is my mansion and he is my butler. Why on earth should I waste stars to do those side quests to help him reminisce his past instead of actually restoring my garden? Secondly, although I know it's part of the story line, but he is so clumsy and unhelpful as a butler that again my precious stars are wasted to clean up after him (e.g. the paint buckets that Robbie told him to put away). Thirdly, he is so rude with his supposedly-funny-but-not-funny sarcastic comments! When I was already fuming over a lost level and he goes "sorry this is my fault that I didn't cheer for you...blah blah". ARGH SHUT UP will you? I always click on something far away to get him out of my sight (even then he goes "I don't have time for this" - what kind of butler are you?). I really want to hit him when he claps and says "wow" half-heartedly at the end of the level. Seriously, go away Austin...you did nothing to help.

lol sorry end of rant. Just wondering if anyone else had similar feelings or is it just me who transferred my negative feelings in this game to Austin?
    Gardenscapes - New Acres Level 2255
    Hating Austin with a passion

Homescapes Level 500
    Austin in observation

Lol! I just ignore him. What I find annoying is me having to work so hard to get him to do anything and it takes him forever!

LOL, funny descriptions by you both! and true I also try to get him - and the dog - out of my way.

I think it comes with the setup for the genre - "free" to play. Playrix has always fitting comments in their games, which are quite annoying here, cos the setup is (IMO) unpleasant. Not user friendly. They knew they'd need a lot of these comments which are pretending to be supportive - and have prepared them.

I noticed it first when I started to try out Fishdom on my Android Tablet. Gardenscapes is even worse IMO - pure luck, whether I get a layout that allows me to get bombs, without which a level is usually impossible to solve.
    As I don't want to pay for these games, esp. not M3's (with my impatience, I spend "enough" on Township!), I play one level once in a while, and that's it then, usually.

I own many Playrix games on PC, also these two, and they're quite different, and much more entertaining IMO. Even for F2P-games, there are better ones.
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-06-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Yes, Austin can be annoying. I was not too happy with him for leaving out the paint and letting Rex get into it. That cost me some stars. And I've never totally forgiven him for breaking my fountain. lol That was a lot of stars to fix!

I imagine myself giving him some particularly odious chore whenever he annoys me. Like cleaning out the grease trap in the kitchen. When he complains about this, I just bellow at him from my seat in the garden, "YOU WANT A JOB, DON'T YOU?!" Then I go back to sipping my lemonade.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 104
    City Building Project: Visit our new Oasis Beach Hotel & Vineyard!
    Zoo Level: 30
    New Attraction: Visit the platypuses in our Walkabout Outback Exhibit!
    Co-op: Spring's Bounty
    Playrix Forum Member Since: Dec 2015

I need him to bring me something stronger than lemonade after making me spend four days on one level. Cheeky Devil!

Quote Originally Posted by RosM2004 View Post
    I need him to bring me something stronger than lemonade after making me spend four days on one level. Cheeky Devil!
    Lol I hear you! Have just reached another lemonade level in level 90 something and it is excruciating!

Yeah that golf clap he does after you finally pass a level makes him a rascal
    Kindle Fire only

Official township people watcher

I think we should all band together, sack Austin, and hire someone who will actually fix up the garden... Maybe a gardener or groundsman instead of a butler?!

Quote Originally Posted by rosm2004 View Post
    i think we should all band together, sack austin, and hire someone who will actually fix up the garden... Maybe a gardener or groundsman instead of a butler?!
    lol!
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-07-2016 at 03:58 PM. Reason: hm, can't make it use caps... is Austin around?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany Clarke View Post
    And I've never totally forgiven him for breaking my fountain. lol That was a lot of stars to fix!
    I'm dreading Day 2 as I know he's going to break my new fountain soon. Currently still stuck on level 115 argh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany Clarke View Post
    I imagine myself giving him some particularly odious chore whenever he annoys me. Like cleaning out the grease trap in the kitchen. When he complains about this, I just bellow at him from my seat in the garden, "YOU WANT A JOB, DON'T YOU?!" Then I go back to sipping my lemonade.
    Hahaha that sounds so satisfying! I always get him to repaint some fences or water some plants or get the mail whenever he sits on the bench reading his paper...GET BACK TO WORK AUSTIN!
    Gardenscapes - New Acres Level 2255
    Hating Austin with a passion

Homescapes Level 500
    Austin in observation