Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gold reserve

So what's in the safe?

Hi, Everyone!

So this new "open the safe" event is confusing at first glance. It seems easy enough to earn the 3000 coins, but it sounds like we have to use the coins to open the safe and we have no idea what's in it. It also looks like we can pay $2.99 cash money to open it at some point. If it's just filled with a bunch of boosters, I'm going to be mighty disappointed! Any predictions??
    Township: Serenity Falls
    Township Level: 101
    Zoo Level: 26
    Co-Op: Builders of Prosperity
    Co-Op Tag: #UGNG4N
    FB Friends Invitation Code: CP8Z86 (PLEASE ADD ME!)
    Gardenscapes Level: 1876

My safe initially said 3000. But I’ve hit 5000 coins and now it says “the safe is almost full. Keep earning coins or buy for $2.99”. So.... I don’t get it?

Yes, please tell me. I didn't get a safe. I don't know, how many levels are needed for participation in the event, but obviously I hadn't enough.

My safe is now full with 6000 coins and it says "hurry up and buy it at a great price"....
    I don't know what's inside though, so I don't know that I want to spend actual money... Has anyone bought it yet?

I suspect what we actually get when the safe is opened is the 6000 coins for $2.99 -- not sure how that compares to just purchasing the coins through the normal way. From my experience so far, I'm getting a total of about 400 coins for each puzzle completed, even though the actual number of coins I "earned" by ccompleting the puzzle is about 100. So the event is awarding a bonus of about 300 coins for each completed puzzle. If my math is correct then, we're actually paying $2.99 for 4500 coins -- again, not sure how that compares to just purchasing the coins through the normal way. At least let's hope there's something fun for our gardens hidden in the safe!

And the answer is ... 6000 coins for $2.99, which is a little more that 50% off the regular price. You can actually purchase the safe once there's 3000 coins in it, but that's not a deal at all.

Hey. Mein Safe ist voll und jetzt soll ich ihn öffnen. Das funktioniert aber nicht. Hat einer von euch den schon geöffnet?

I thought since i earned the money i should be able to open it for FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Cwright71 View Post
    I thought since i earned the money i should be able to open it for FREE
    We actually only "earned" one quarter of the amount in the safe and those earnings were credited to our balance as usual ... and FOUR TIMES our regular earnings were deposited to the safe as a bonus, so we really are getting 6000 extra coins for $2.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Garten Eden View Post
    Hey. Mein Safe ist voll und jetzt soll ich ihn öffnen. Das funktioniert aber nicht. Hat einer von euch den schon geöffnet?
    I just bought it -- didn't have any trouble at all completing the purchase. Once the purchase was complete, it emptied the safe and now I have the chance to refill it and re-purchase it again until time runs out.