Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Differing Player Levels in Regatta

Even if you assumed there was necessarily a disadvantage to facing teams of higher levels, which I don’t personally necessarily believe, I’m not sure what you’d do about it anyway. Would you match by average level within the coop? In which case, would coops start bringing in players of particular levels just to manipulate that average? Besides which, as I’ve said before, any system that makes everything perfectly ‘fair’ by handicapping to control for all variables fully would make for awfully boring races where your result was entirely predictable week after week. At least if matching is random we all have fair chance of being helped or hindered roughly equally by the many different factors over time.

Edit. Wouldn’t it be interesting to directly compare the tasks faced by players at level 50 and level 100, for example, and see how long each would take when averagely upgraded for that level. Shame I’m too tired to work it all out, lol.
    Last edited by Bessville; 01-13-2018 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha Sidorenko View Post
    Hi, guys!

Thank you for starting this thread.

I completely understand your frustration but would like to reassure you that we try to make the game fair for everyone. It means that even when you're put up against players on higher levels, you still have a chance to win because the tasks players get are set according to their levels. Thus, higher-level players complete more difficult and time-consuming tasks.

Nevertheless, I'll pass this feedback on to the devs. Don't hesitate to let me know if there are any other concerns.

Regards,
    Natasha
    Thank you for your input to this thread Natasha, I can see the logic behind your argument but even if higher ranked players have harder tasks, they also have the wherewithall (more fields, factories, upgrades etc.) to enable them to compete effectively. I cannot see how a solo racer ranked at 63 can realistically compete with another solo player at level 132. In the current race the player ranked 132 galloped to the finishing line within two and a half days whereas I was struggling to complete my fourth task . I felt totally demoralised and the incentive to continue waned in the extreme so I'm now within a hair's breadth of being demoted but in all honesty I don't mind as I don't really want to be in such a situation and it's easier to throw in the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza400000 View Post
    I cannot see how a solo racer ranked at 63 can realistically compete with another solo player at level 132.
    Around level 65ish, I created my own co-op and raced for about 8 weeks, give or take. (I know, nothing exact there, but it's the best I've got.)

I had saved up t-cash, had just bought my dealer and prepped every factory and ship that I had for a week. I wanted to see how quickly I could finish as I too had been beaten the previous week by someone finishing in roughly 3 days.

My results: Finished in 44 hours. All 135s. Got lucky on my boats (twice) and on factories. Two HOL tasks. Two helicopter tasks. I think it was 2 or 3 mining tasks. My zoo was horrible at the time and the hot products were no better for the first two days. Used crop booster, factory booster and ship booster. I remember having 10 tasks finished on my first day.

My only problem was that I was bored for the rest of the week. And it wasn't fun. In fact, it was the opposite of fun, even with the 1st place finish.

The only thing that I can say is that I believe I was 3rd from the lowest in level.

It can be done, but I personally don't ever want to run solo again OR have to try to finish THAT fast.