Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Differing Player Levels in Regatta

Differing Player Levels in Regatta

Surprisingly I've somehow managed to get into the golden league but it won't be for long as most of the other players I'm up against are far more advanced than I. The current leader who has completed all 15 tasks and bought the 16th is at level 132, the person in second place is at level 132 also, I'm on level 63. Most of the other racers are in the high 60s, 70s, and 90s. There is one player at level 60 for whom I actually feel desperately sorry. To my way of thinking this doesn't seem to me to be a fair way of doing things (I've said this before), but instead of feeling the urge to compete it only serves to show me that I am better off in the lower league tables and hence I've decided just to jog along at my own pace in the hope of sliding out of this league altogether. Playrix ought to recognise that there simply is no incentive for folk like me to even try against this kind of opposition but I guess they are hoping that I and others like me will throw loads of T cash at the problem - sorry but in my case that's simply not going to happen.

I feel your pain. We are in the same situation. We are a very small coop in the golden league, and the highest level players are in the high 60s. The coops we are against are in the levels of 100+. The zoo season was unbearable, but we have survived even with one member jumping ship because she couldn't handle the tasks. You must have a mentality of never give up and fight to the end. We have been in the golden for a while and as a leader, it is my job to motivate and encourage my players in a positive way to keep trying.

It's not impossible as long as you keep up with your winning spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen M Zimmerman View Post
    I feel your pain. We are in the same situation. We are a very small coop in the golden league, and the highest level players are in the high 60s. The coops we are against are in the levels of 100+. The zoo season was unbearable, but we have survived even with one member jumping ship because she couldn't handle the tasks. You must have a mentality of never give up and fight to the end. We have been in the golden for a while and as a leader, it is my job to motivate and encourage my players in a positive way to keep trying.

It's not impossible as long as you keep up with your winning spirit.
    Thanks for your very positive message however, as a solo racer I'm aware that I'm on my way out of this league as I simply cannot compete against such high level players. I might get to stay in the league if I do well enough but it's so demoralising that my enthusiasm is dampened in the extreme. Good luck to your group in this and all future races

The key to competing against higher level teams, imo, is upgrading everything as fast as possible. Well worth keeping Raja around permanently for ore purchases if you possibly can. Given that higher levels often get more difficult tasks for the same points, being well upgraded takes much of their advantage out of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    The key to competing against higher level teams, imo, is upgrading everything as fast as possible. Well worth keeping Raja around permanently for ore purchases if you possibly can. Given that higher levels often get more difficult tasks for the same points, being well upgraded takes much of their advantage out of the equation.
    I'm upgrading things but it takes time - a lot of time . I do have the market chap most of the time and purchase ore like a demon but it still takes ages, guess I shall just have to practice my patience which has never been a strong suit for me.

Same! Just think how virtuous we’ll be after tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Same! Just think how virtuous we’ll be after tho!
    Don't want to be virtuous, want to be successful

Hi, guys!

Thank you for starting this thread.

I completely understand your frustration but would like to reassure you that we try to make the game fair for everyone. It means that even when you're put up against players on higher levels, you still have a chance to win because the tasks players get are set according to their levels. Thus, higher-level players complete more difficult and time-consuming tasks.

Nevertheless, I'll pass this feedback on to the devs. Don't hesitate to let me know if there are any other concerns.

Regards,
    Natasha

I have previously debated that it is possible to compete as a lower level solo racer but as i am currently over level 100 i decided to start a second town to prove to myself that it is possible.
    I started my solo racer coop as soon as possible and each week i won my race until i got to the golden league. As expected all of the other racers were significantly higher than my 30 something level, however my first race in the golden league i came third. This week is my second race and i am at level 42. The closest level of another racer is 68, with the rest over 80 and some over 100. I came 1st.
    My tcash was all earned in the game and i do not spend tcash to speed up tasks at all, although i have used the dealer and purchased the 16th task. I will be interested to see what happens in weeks to come, however it is possible to win against much higher level players.
    Last edited by Tinkerville; 01-12-2018 at 09:31 PM.

Just because people are in golden league doesn't mean they are aggressive players. Our extremely relaxed coop has been in golden league for months (don't ask me how) and we have a coop rule that no one is required to do any tasks and most certainly not expected to do anything involving t-cash.

Personally, I think being a solo racer is much more of a handicap than your level. I can't imagine how long it would take me to do the tasks I do if I couldn't call on my coop members for help.