Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Differing Player Levels in Regatta

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Differing Player Levels in Regatta

    Surprisingly I've somehow managed to get into the golden league but it won't be for long as most of the other players I'm up against are far more advanced than I. The current leader who has completed all 15 tasks and bought the 16th is at level 132, the person in second place is at level 132 also, I'm on level 63. Most of the other racers are in the high 60s, 70s, and 90s. There is one player at level 60 for whom I actually feel desperately sorry. To my way of thinking this doesn't seem to me to be a fair way of doing things (I've said this before), but instead of feeling the urge to compete it only serves to show me that I am better off in the lower league tables and hence I've decided just to jog along at my own pace in the hope of sliding out of this league altogether. Playrix ought to recognise that there simply is no incentive for folk like me to even try against this kind of opposition but I guess they are hoping that I and others like me will throw loads of T cash at the problem - sorry but in my case that's simply not going to happen.

  2. #2
    I feel your pain. We are in the same situation. We are a very small coop in the golden league, and the highest level players are in the high 60s. The coops we are against are in the levels of 100+. The zoo season was unbearable, but we have survived even with one member jumping ship because she couldn't handle the tasks. You must have a mentality of never give up and fight to the end. We have been in the golden for a while and as a leader, it is my job to motivate and encourage my players in a positive way to keep trying.

    It's not impossible as long as you keep up with your winning spirit.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen M Zimmerman View Post
    I feel your pain. We are in the same situation. We are a very small coop in the golden league, and the highest level players are in the high 60s. The coops we are against are in the levels of 100+. The zoo season was unbearable, but we have survived even with one member jumping ship because she couldn't handle the tasks. You must have a mentality of never give up and fight to the end. We have been in the golden for a while and as a leader, it is my job to motivate and encourage my players in a positive way to keep trying.

    It's not impossible as long as you keep up with your winning spirit.
    Thanks for your very positive message however, as a solo racer I'm aware that I'm on my way out of this league as I simply cannot compete against such high level players. I might get to stay in the league if I do well enough but it's so demoralising that my enthusiasm is dampened in the extreme. Good luck to your group in this and all future races

  4. #4
    The key to competing against higher level teams, imo, is upgrading everything as fast as possible. Well worth keeping Raja around permanently for ore purchases if you possibly can. Given that higher levels often get more difficult tasks for the same points, being well upgraded takes much of their advantage out of the equation.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    The key to competing against higher level teams, imo, is upgrading everything as fast as possible. Well worth keeping Raja around permanently for ore purchases if you possibly can. Given that higher levels often get more difficult tasks for the same points, being well upgraded takes much of their advantage out of the equation.
    I'm upgrading things but it takes time - a lot of time . I do have the market chap most of the time and purchase ore like a demon but it still takes ages, guess I shall just have to practice my patience which has never been a strong suit for me.

  6. #6
    Same! Just think how virtuous we’ll be after tho!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Same! Just think how virtuous we’ll be after tho!
    Don't want to be virtuous, want to be successful

  8. #8
    Hi, guys!

    Thank you for starting this thread.

    I completely understand your frustration but would like to reassure you that we try to make the game fair for everyone. It means that even when you're put up against players on higher levels, you still have a chance to win because the tasks players get are set according to their levels. Thus, higher-level players complete more difficult and time-consuming tasks.

    Nevertheless, I'll pass this feedback on to the devs. Don't hesitate to let me know if there are any other concerns.

    Regards,
    Natasha

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha Sidorenko View Post
    Hi, guys!

    Thank you for starting this thread.

    I completely understand your frustration but would like to reassure you that we try to make the game fair for everyone. It means that even when you're put up against players on higher levels, you still have a chance to win because the tasks players get are set according to their levels. Thus, higher-level players complete more difficult and time-consuming tasks.

    Nevertheless, I'll pass this feedback on to the devs. Don't hesitate to let me know if there are any other concerns.

    Regards,
    Natasha
    Thank you for your input to this thread Natasha, I can see the logic behind your argument but even if higher ranked players have harder tasks, they also have the wherewithall (more fields, factories, upgrades etc.) to enable them to compete effectively. I cannot see how a solo racer ranked at 63 can realistically compete with another solo player at level 132. In the current race the player ranked 132 galloped to the finishing line within two and a half days whereas I was struggling to complete my fourth task . I felt totally demoralised and the incentive to continue waned in the extreme so I'm now within a hair's breadth of being demoted but in all honesty I don't mind as I don't really want to be in such a situation and it's easier to throw in the towel.

  10. #10
    Member Will9455Nikki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza400000 View Post
    I cannot see how a solo racer ranked at 63 can realistically compete with another solo player at level 132.
    Around level 65ish, I created my own co-op and raced for about 8 weeks, give or take. (I know, nothing exact there, but it's the best I've got.)

    I had saved up t-cash, had just bought my dealer and prepped every factory and ship that I had for a week. I wanted to see how quickly I could finish as I too had been beaten the previous week by someone finishing in roughly 3 days.

    My results: Finished in 44 hours. All 135s. Got lucky on my boats (twice) and on factories. Two HOL tasks. Two helicopter tasks. I think it was 2 or 3 mining tasks. My zoo was horrible at the time and the hot products were no better for the first two days. Used crop booster, factory booster and ship booster. I remember having 10 tasks finished on my first day.

    My only problem was that I was bored for the rest of the week. And it wasn't fun. In fact, it was the opposite of fun, even with the 1st place finish.

    The only thing that I can say is that I believe I was 3rd from the lowest in level.

    It can be done, but I personally don't ever want to run solo again OR have to try to finish THAT fast.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •