Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Step Right Up - Place Your Bets

Step Right Up - Place Your Bets

What do you predict will be the theme of the next Regatta Season?

All ideas welcome, no matter how outrageous!

outer Space

I’m still waiting on the 50s theme that was mentioned a while back.. though I may have dreamt it.

Isn’t it usually announced a bit sooner than this? Maybe they had a harbour/Ottoman Empire-based season in mind, but pulled it because it now seems in poor taste, lol.

I’d like a dinosaur one. A great big dinosaur area would be nice. Finally give the crater some context too.

Winter sports, or something else winter-related. Too early for spring themes.

Or maybe a musical season, since the last one was arty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Maybe they had a harbour/Ottoman Empire-based season in mind, but pulled it because it now seems in poor taste, lol.

I’d like a dinosaur one. A great big dinosaur area would be nice. Finally give the crater some context too.
    You are so cheeky Bessville. LOL.

I second the dinosaur theme. I’m one level away from getting the Land of the Dinosaurs upgradeable deco and I can’t wait!

Ooh, this is a good one! Thanks for starting it Nana.

Actually, they are in bit of a conundrum with timing as the Chinese New Year is February 16th and the Winter Olympics are February 9th through the 25th.

So, do they start one of these early? And if they did, then which one would they do in January. My guess would be the Chinese New Year. Then February they could coincide a Winter Olympics Seasonal Regatta with the actual event.

But have they not already done two events with Chinese New Year? Even if so, some of their best event decorations have come from the Chinese New Year theme. And 2018 is the year of the Dog! Everyone loves pooches.

If not the above, what else is there?
    There is the CARNIVALE DI VENEZIA (January 27th-Feb. 13th) and also MARDIS GRAS is coming up(Feb 13th.
    These may not have enough world appeal and are also burdened with the same timing issues.

So dang it, I haven't got a clue what they will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    Winter sports, or something else winter-related.
    I second that, especially with the Winter Olympics coming.

But please no more dinosaurs! I already have the Land of the Dinosaurs in my Zoo, and that's enough

I liked the "Barnyard Relay Race" they did last Olympics, albeit those were the Summer Olympics. But a Cross Country Skiing Event might be fun, I'd love to see "Pigs on Skis"

As an overall theme, the Olympics might be nice, the games last several weeks so it can be topical for quite a while. And there'd be plenty of ideas for cool decorations, I could use a bobsled run somewhere.

Secretly, I'd like to see Giant Robots with an upgradable one raised as a tribute to our mechanical overlords.

Cobalt: shame, shame, shame (thinking of Mrs. Banana here) - you completely omitted the overlap with the very popular Valentine’s Day!

I know - downhill skiers (Olympic theme) with valentine balloons (valentines day) ending in a village of Mardis Gras beads and Chinese fortune cookies. Of course, cute puppies everywhere to menace all those stuffed bunnies of yesteryear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Cobalt: shame, shame, shame (thinking of Mrs. Banana here) - you completely omitted the overlap with the very popular Valentine’s Day!

I know - downhill skiers (Olympic theme) with valentine balloons (valentines day) ending in a village of Mardis Gras beads and Chinese fortune cookies. Of course, cute puppies everywhere to menace all those stuffed bunnies of yesteryear.
    You got me there Nana. It was screaming Hello Dali! too.

Hey, you know what Holiday is also in January?!
    Of course, that's what they will do!!