Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helper Bug

Helper Bug

Yesterday, a few in our co-op were sitting around babbling. I requested some help for my plane.

Two different people filled it, at the same time.

We are pretty sure both got an envelope for helping, but it only listed one of them as the helper.

The other person did lose her items that she "filled" my crate with (even though the other person had already filled it).

They were both showing to THEMSELVES that they filled the crate, but I only saw one name. As we were talking about this in chat, a few others popped in and said they had the same thing happen to them, but only recently (in the last few days).

There was a screenshot taken, and it has been reported to Playrix.

Has anyone else run into this? I'm guessing the different servers may have not synced hence it was still showing the crate as fillable to one person and filled to the other.

I hope I made sense out of the kerfuffle.

This happens fairly often in my co o.o because we're quick to fill. Finally, we just started agreeing in chat who would fill which crates. It still happens from time to time when we're quick on the trigger, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Med View Post
    Yesterday, a few in our co-op were sitting around babbling. I requested some help for my plane.

Two different people filled it, at the same time.

We are pretty sure both got an envelope for helping, but it only listed one of them as the helper.

The other person did lose her items that she "filled" my crate with (even though the other person had already filled it).

Has anyone else run into this? I'm guessing the different servers may have not synced hence it was still showing the crate as fillable to one person and filled to the other.

I hope I made sense out of the kerfuffle.
    As we named it in one of my previous co-ops, Beware the Phantom Zone!

Presumably due to the fact that connection speeds and Playrix's ability to update a record both factor into this, I cannot imagine that things are going to get better. I've seen it for over a year. Some times it is worse than at other times, but again, the above factors must come into play.

It is quite common in bigger co-ops when you have multiple people online trying to get clovers or complete tasks (such as the plane crates). And while I feel sorry that someone didn't get credit (and possibly a letter), they can at least know that they got the experience and tcoins for it.

Hope that helps with your kerfuffle.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

Happened to me this very day, and I got bubkes.. no letter, no exp, and more importantly, no kudos, lol. Just bye-bye 3 x paper. We’re help-ninjas so it’s really common for us. No big deal.

This happens frequently in our coop. We blame Raj, the greedy rat!!! Sorry if I offended any rats.
    Town: CrestCat City, founded June 2015
    Town Level: 134
    Zoo Level: 45, 180/180 animals, 64 zoo shop shelves
    Barn Size: 3210
    Co-op: Tigger's Den
    Device: Kindle Fire

Ohhh.. maybe he’s like the tumble-drier God that demands a sacrificial sock now and again. Oh well.

We used to have it happen a lot, so much so that I reported it to Playrix. All to do with the servers not being able to keep up apparently. We do the same thing now if there’s any doubt (and a lot of people on line at the same time) and one of us will say “I’ll fill that one” and it works okay. Bit of a pain but better than just losing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Ohhh.. maybe he’s like the tumble-drier God that demands a sacrificial sock now and again. Oh well.
    Oh my stars, this is sooo funny Bess! Where do those socks go?
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

Quote Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
    We used to have it happen a lot, so much so that I reported it to Playrix. All to do with the servers not being able to keep up apparently. We do the same thing now if there’s any doubt (and a lot of people on line at the same time) and one of us will say “I’ll fill that one” and it works okay. Bit of a pain but better than just losing stuff.
    You reported the tumble-drier God to Playrix!? Lol. Why did I never think of that..mutter mutter

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    You reported the tumble-drier God to Playrix!? Lol. Why did I never think of that..mutter mutter
    Indeed I did and they actually responded within a day - you wouldn't believe the number of socks I've come across since then.