Thread: Quick fix for unequal star bug: free stars to players with hard version of game?

Quick fix for unequal star bug: free stars to players with hard version of game?

I know this topic has been discussed on multiple threads: the problem of certain players being forced to pay extra stars for tasks and being provided fewer moves to complete levels...but I think it is important that developers consider implementing a quick fix that would allow their customers with bugged games to continue playing (and feel confident that $ spent on purchasing lives and coins would not be wasted).

It would be really nice if the developers could at least award any players stuck with the hard version of Gardenscapes a cache of stars as a "bandaid" of sorts while they are working on fixing the settings. I know a lot of players would be happy to provide account info to collect on that fix. I understand that equalizing the game setting for all players will take time...but could those of us who report star shortages at least receive some stars to tide us over?

Given that the developers of Gardenscapes have awarded "freebies" in the past for different contests, it shouldn't be too difficult to reimburse customers for extra stars spent...

I was not aware of different versions of the game. I knew that we have experienced inconsistencies. I believe the update was meant to fix that. I have just started to download the update, so I will eagerly wait to see what happens.

While all Gardenscapes customers are playing the same "version" in theory, the evidence indicates some players only need to pay X amount of stars per task, while others are forced to pay a higher Y amount of stars per task. In addition, some players have documented cases of receiving fewer moves to complete puzzles or more waiting time to receive new lives.

I downloaded the latest update and experimented with a few levels. Still no fix for those who have had to pay higher star costs, as I have yet to see lower star costs for tasks or reimbursements for extra stars spent in the past. I am happy to wait for a major upgrade that equalizes the star costs for all players, but one thing I think the developers could consider doing (that would require less work on their part) is to award stars to players who submit screenshots proving they are paying more stars per task. I am playing alongside my mother, for instance, and all I want is to be caught up with her progress (and plus some, given that I have completed more puzzles). I could provide updated screenshots and even do the math for a star reimbursement if that is what is holding Playrix back.

Ahhh thank you for that reply I definitely am doing the hard version then! I have just updated and finally managed to complete a level that has stumped me for a couple of days. True to form, I am out of lives trying the next level though. I really do enjoy the game. The graphics are amazing and strangely enough, it brings a smile to my face when I am playing, despite the frustrating times lol. The creativity of the various levels, I think, is second to none. BUT the paltry coin reward and high star demand is off putting.

Perhaps they should introduce a higher and lower level then? More stars given or less stars required for the higher level. More time on the timed levels overall. Random bonuses during the game, perhaps coins or tokens to buy extra special items for the garden. Yes, Austin can be a pain, but it makes him more realistic and someone for me to argue with!

Quote Originally Posted by hyacinth View Post
    Ahhh thank you for that reply I definitely am doing the hard version then! I have just updated and finally managed to complete a level that has stumped me for a couple of days. True to form, I am out of lives trying the next level though. I really do enjoy the game. The graphics are amazing and strangely enough, it brings a smile to my face when I am playing, despite the frustrating times lol. The creativity of the various levels, I think, is second to none. BUT the paltry coin reward and high star demand is off putting.

Perhaps they should introduce a higher and lower level then? More stars given or less stars required for the higher level. More time on the timed levels overall. Random bonuses during the game, perhaps coins or tokens to buy extra special items for the garden. Yes, Austin can be a pain, but it makes him more realistic and someone for me to argue with!
    The irony is, I am not even asking for the game to be "easier" (although I know a lot of customers would appreciate that)...I am just asking for the game to be fair, to know that I can expect the same rewards and play the same number of match 3 levels per task as any other player.

I still do not know if Playrix has even read my request...let alone acted upon it.