Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Option To Translate Co-op Chat (Merged)

Translation

How can I translate my messages from another language into English

Hi reginascott08 and welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure if the forum has a built-in translation tool, but I'm pretty sure most web-browsers do. I use Chrome, and all you have to do is go to your web-browser settings, and in tools, there should be a translation option. I tried this feature for several languages, but couldn't tell how well the translation worked, cause, well, I only speak and read/write.....English!!!! I do know un petite of the French language, but not well enough to speak it or read/write it.

Good luck and I hope this helped!
    Township level: 73
    Zoo level: 14
    Town name: Pet Junction
    Co-op Tag: #HE7YZP
    Coop Name: Hearts Haven
    IOS: Android

hi regina,
    if you mean in coop chat, there is nothing built in.

Well, I tried the translation tool from the Chrome settings, where it's supposed to translate the whole web page, but, NOTHING! There is supposed to be a button to choose the other language, but I don't have one, and everything is still in English. Ce la vie.....
    Township level: 73
    Zoo level: 14
    Town name: Pet Junction
    Co-op Tag: #HE7YZP
    Coop Name: Hearts Haven
    IOS: Android

Traductor

Sugiero que en los chat de la cooperativa se incluya la opción traducir tal como tiene Facebook, ya que las cooperativas están formadas por personas de varios idiomas. Espero tomen en cuenta mi sugerencia

Problema con el ingles. :(

Yo iva a decir lo mismo. O por lo menos poder copiar y pegar para llevar a un traductor y viceversa. Ojala nos Lean y hagan algo!!

We discussed about translate on coop chat any suggestions. We have different languages in coop. We don't know what they type different languages to chat in coop We only chat English. We are very friendly to different people from countries in Township coop group chat to play .

Translation

An extremely useful tool for encouraging international memberships in diverse Co-Ops would be to have a translate button on the Co-Op chat. Too many times we invite members to our Co-Op who end up leaving because we cannot understand each other's chat communications. I would LOVE to see this remedied!

Make Language Barrier Easier In Co-op Chat

Hi guys,

Well first I understand we can set the primary language of a co-op. Under idea circumstances, we don't have any foreign speaking (primary) languages in the co-op.

I'm in a co-op that has one spanish speaking person. We are an English co-op. She has been a great player and doesn't response much as she only speaks Spanish. I have on occasion, interacted by using Google Translate.

Current we can't copy/paste any lines in co-op chat. We can not paste into the text field of that chat.

I'd love, at minimum, the ability to be able to paste text into the co-op chat box, so we can paste google translations. Currently, we just have to look and type each letter manually. Most aren't willing to do that.

I have seen some mobile games that have a button you can click and it detects and translates to the correct language. That is extreme and a long term project (to maybe consider - There must be an API somewhere to translate).. But I'm not asking for all of that now. Just something to consider.

For now, I'm simply requesting the ability to be able to paste into the chat box, in the co-op chat. That'd allow us to at least paste a google translation easily.

The 2nd part, should you want to go all out, is the ability to click a line of chat (in co-op chat) and have an option to copy the line. We could then paste that into a text box at translate.google.com or some other translation site.

Thanks for you consideration!

Cheers,
    Mike

Très bonne idée, étant Français dans une coop Italienne, j'ai ce problème et ne peut dialoguer autant que je le voudrais avec les autres menbre de la coop. S'IL VOUS PLAÎT essayez d'y réfléchir.