Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Regatta Tasks All Dumped

Quote Originally Posted by boudica View Post
    Sorry dreadnought my post crossed with yours. Yours better
    Apparently one of the mods moved the initial question to this thread, but without my reply and yours. The conversation now seems confusing

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    Apparently one of the mods moved the initial question to this thread, but without my reply and yours. The conversation now seems confusing
    I was gonna say... What post crossed with who? I figured this was somehow posted in the wrong thread.

It's too early in the morning to be this confused! Lol
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

Dumping tasks & its effects on scoring????

I am a new co-op leader. I want to know if dumping tasks effects our overall score in anyway? I read some co-ops dump hundreds of tasks. I did 12 & just wondering if that will effect my co-op's score. Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for ur time. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
    I am a new co-op leader. I want to know if dumping tasks effects our overall score in anyway? I read some co-ops dump hundreds of tasks. I did 12 & just wondering if that will effect my co-op's score. Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for ur time. 😁
    Read this post, it explains the two ways to "dump" and the effect on either the "race score" or the "ranking score", which are totally different scores.

Thank you, u answered my question.

When you pick tasks, you need to wait the same amount of time. Everyone shares a task board.

Three folks in our co-op dump. High point tasks STILL disappear. Very annoying as it is not the human variable, of that I am certain!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa L. Cross View Post
    Three folks in our co-op dump. High point tasks STILL disappear. Very annoying as it is not the human variable, of that I am certain!
    A possible reason is, if they are working on tbe board at the same time, as the "dumping time" and the "display time" - more a point in time - of people AND the servers are noticeably different.
    One could have dumped a new 135 task w/o even seeing it.

We had that in our Coop with 2 ppl being even in the same country, and chatting about the board, i.e. "same time". For me it vanished before I could see or recognize it; my Coop partner said she waited minutes.

It's also a possible reason for the time counter going from counting down to seconds-left and then jumping to 29:59 minutes, "without anyone doing anything", I guess. Not a satisfactory explanation, mind you, and you could still try and report it, in case there is something else to be found, but if it is the servers and their delays, there's not much they can do, I guess.
    Last edited by _DD_; 03-08-2018 at 09:33 AM.