Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regatta Tasks All Dumped

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    As long as you delete the task from the board before starting it, you loose nothing.
    In our race, the leader dumped tasks before anyone started the race, but these dumps still counted in our total number of dumps. When I say "before anyone started the race", no one could click on the Race tab cuz our co-op hadn't entered the race yet because no one had started a task. So, I think the code has changed now because these dumps will still be counted when calculating the dumping penalty.

Has anyone else noticed this as well? That dumps are still being counted even before your co-op enters a race?

Quote Originally Posted by clee23 View Post
    In our race, the leader dumped tasks before anyone started the race, but these dumps still counted in our total number of dumps. When I say "before anyone started the race", no one could click on the Race tab cuz our co-op hadn't entered the race yet because no one had started a task. So, I think the code has changed now because these dumps will still be counted when calculating the dumping penalty.

Has anyone else noticed this as well? That dumps are still being counted even before your co-op enters a race?
    It doesn't matter if you dump a task before or after joining the race; it will be counted (as long as you dump the task before starting that particular task).

I can see the confusion here so I'm going to ignore everyone else's posts and start from scratch (no offence intended, just be easier, I think).

As soon as the worldwide regatta starts (8am GMT), anyone in your co-op who is elder and above can begin dumping tasks. This means removing tasks from the board before anyone starts a task.

Your co-ops race has not yet technically begun, because no one has started a task yet, but the race (worldwide) has started.

Many co-ops use this to get the board full of good tasks before they start racing.

As soon as the first person in your co-op selects a task and clicks start, your co-ops race has begun. This is when you get put in your group of 15 co-ops.

Any elder or above may still dump a task directly from the board at any time during the worldwide regatta week.
    Any and all tasks dumped at any time will count towards your co-ops dumped total.

Any racing co-op member may cancel their own task at any time. This means they have already started a task, and decided they can not complete it, so they cancel it.
    This cancellation will count towards this members task total.

So say you're in gold league with a maximum of 16 tasks per person.
    Your co-op does only 135 point tasks.
    The race starts and you have a board full of 95 point trains and crops and whatnot, so every task gets dumped. Your co-op will now show 12 dumps in total.
    135 tasks pop up, and people start taking them.

Now imagine it's the end of the week, there's an hour left to race, and you've done 14/16 tasks. You take a task, and realise you've clicked on a 135 sulk task by mistake. No way you can complete that in an hour, so you cancel it, and take a 135 mine task instead, which you finish.
    You will now show 16/15 tasks completed. Your score should be 2160 (16 x 135), but you had to cancel that silk task, which you score no points for, so your score shows the maximum you could get of 2025 (15 x 135 + 1 x 0).

This is what we mean by a "dumped task not counting against you".
    If you dump from the board, you can dump to your hearts content.
    If you (dump) cancel a task you've already started, you can only (dump) cancel a total of 16 tasks, and if you do that, you'll score zero points for your (personal) race.

If you're going for gold league, you can dump as much as you like and it won't make a difference to your final score, so dumping won't count against you.
    If you're going for the Global Leader Board, it's different, because your total dumped tasks are counted up and penalised from your GLB score.

So to make a long story short... As long as you're not on the GLB, dump as much as you like.
    Never cancel unless you have to, because that will count against you.

I hope that explains better for anyone confused. (Took me ages to get it, lol).

ETA: First "misery" tasks... Now apparently my autocorrect understands silk tasks better than me... Lol!
    Last edited by Nevada; 02-23-2018 at 09:34 AM.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

”What if this storm ends, and leaves us nothing,
    Except a memory; a distant echo”.

Thanks, Nevada. That was a helpful explanation. I did get confused by Graylady's comment of not losing anything if you dump tasks from the task board. Cuz my opinion was opposite. You would lose something. You would increase your co-ops dumping penalty, which would lower your co-op's weekly calculated score, ie the whole AMS+PB+SB-PDT thingy.

Your understanding is correct, the more tasks you dump from the board, the more you get hit by the dump penalty, this is true.

The thing is, for gold league; dump penalty is irrelevant. You'll be shown it at the end of the race, but it won't mean anything. If your co-op finished with the most points, you win (unless two or more co-ops finish at max points and tie scores, then it's something to do with speed of task completion, still waiting on clarification on that). You could dump 1,000 tasks this week, and the team below you could dump 20 tasks this week, it won't do anything to your race position.

Global leader board is the only time you'll need to worry about number of tasks dumped.

All this is dumped from the board, not cancelled once started, just to keep things clear.
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

Quote Originally Posted by clee23 View Post
    Thanks, Nevada. That was a helpful explanation. I did get confused by Graylady's comment of not losing anything if you dump tasks from the task board. Cuz my opinion was opposite. You would lose something. You would increase your co-ops dumping penalty, which would lower your co-op's weekly calculated score, ie the whole AMS+PB+SB-PDT thingy.
    My understanding of the original question was about loosing something for the race. Not the global leaderboard at all. The original poster is probably not in gold league yet.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

I think you answered the original question just fine, Graylady, but then further questions arose and I figured it was easier to just explain from scratch.

I started to get confused and I pretend to sometimes know what I'm talking about, lol
    - Township Support.
    Township Wiki,

Dumping tasks

If you dump tasks after picking it does it go against the co op score and if you dump a task before it is picked does that also go against the co ops final score ,any help would be appreciated 😊

Sorry dreadnought my post crossed with yours. Yours better

Quote Originally Posted by Broughton View Post
    If you dump tasks after picking it does it go against the co op score and if you dump a task before it is picked does that also go against the co ops final score ,any help would be appreciated
    Read this post, it explains the two ways to "dump" and the effect on either the "race score" or the "ranking score", which are totally different scores.