Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Regatta Tasks All Dumped

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Zarcecze

As a first step, I would suggest you demote everyone to "member" only. Leader, co-leader and elder can dump task. As some player think that the list is their own and do not realize that everyone has the same list, they may dump without realizing the problem they create by doing so. Once you have done this, if the tasks disappear, report this from within your game as the devs will need the information automatically added to the email. In the email, tell the devs that you have demote everyone and that the tasks still disappear.
    Hi Graylady,

I'm in the same coop with both Hilary and Zarcecze. At this time we've done enough investigation to say it's not our members, we know them all too well and they are all well informed about how things work and our game strategy. As I said in another note, we've been together for 8 or 9 races now, 5th in Golden. I'm now thinking this is some game glitch as "Betsy" and "Peters mom" have also suggested, possibly related to high levels of activity monitoring, dumping, refreshing, and taking tasks within very short intervals, possible simultaneously. Very aggressive teams will place great stress on the task board and that's a shared resource probably residing on a server somewhere (otherwise, how could it be a common list?).

Yes, there is always the possibility of a "rogue player" causing this, either maliciously or cluelessly but in our case I really don't think that's what's happening. Demoting people also reduces the number of simultaneous activities so while demoting might eliminate or seriously reduce the problem, demoting alone is not an indictment of a "bad actor".

I would really welcome any other insights, ideas, speculations, you might have on this. We're willing to do experiments to resolve this.

Charlie

Hi Charlie

After my last post this morning I sent a pm to Anastasia asking her to inquire about the situation and ask her to post her findings on the forums. I have not heard from her yet.

I agree with you that it could be server overload related. This would explain all the tasks disappearing but not the disappearance of high points tasks, leaving only low ones.

Hi Charlie

After my last post this morning I sent a pm to Anastasia asking her to inquire about the situation and ask her to post her findings on the forums. I have not heard from her yet.

I agree with you that it could be server overload related. This would explain all the tasks disappearing but not the disappearance of high points tasks, leaving only low ones.
    Hi,

Thanks for pushing this to them. I agree, this does not explain "Selective disappearances" and I also agree there may be multiple things causes a common symptom. Lots of different things cause "runny noses"

And in our case, the initial concern was about losing 5 x 135's and then 3 x 135's so at first glance, it would seem "selective". But in fact, the 135's were the only thing on the board, everything else was empty slots with refresh timers. That is because of the aggressive nature of our co-op in task choice, everything else was purposely dumped. So, the initial reaction was "who's dumping 135's?" when in fact it was "why did the task board suddenly go empty?"

I'd just rather the "runny nose" not be dismissed as "a common cold" when it could be "allergies" or "excessive cocaine use". Those problems require different solutions.

Sorry, best metaphor I could come up with, not that I'm familiar with the symptoms of cocaine use

Charlie

Today it seems not to have occurred (at least, not yet!) but we're dumping fewer tasks.

Hi Charlie

Thank you Graylady. Playrix have heard from both Tassie and I about this issue too. Hopefully it will be something they will keep in mind.

We were having the same problem with 135 pt. tasks being dropped and no one is deleting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lottashore4 View Post
    We were having the same problem with 135 pt. tasks being dropped and no one is deleting them.
    Hi, just to be precise, were there other tasks left alone on the board or did the board have *only* 135 tasks and they all disappeared? That is, were the 135 tasks "targetted" specifically or was the board devoid of anything but 135s.

Our group dumps all low score tasks so it's common for there to be only 135s on the board with several slots empty awaiting refresh. In cases like that it's common to say "all the 135s disappeared" when, in, fact the entire board went empty. So which is happening to you?

Thanks for adding your experience with this problem to this thread

Hey guys!

Please check out my latest post in this thread. Having your reports, our developers will do their best to sort out the situation as soon as possible.

si elimino una tarea me descuentan puntos? yo soy lider

If I delete a task, do I get points deducted? I am a leader

Quote Originally Posted by alicia veronica urteaga View Post
    si elimino una tarea me descuentan puntos? yo soy lider

If I delete a task, do I get points deducted? I am a leader
    As long as you delete the task from the board before starting it, you loose nothing.