Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unequal star requirements for tasks: ever been resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForStars View Post
    Hi Nataly,

I guess I am still baffled as to why is easier to re-calibrate the star payment systems for all players' games (which is what this fix is reported to do) than to leave a few stars in a player's account, just like you would coins...but I'll let that go for now

Here is an entirely different question: if one could have one's game completely "reset," would that player have the "easy" version of Gardenscapes? In other words, if there was a way to reset my game, would it guarantee that I would always pay the same amount of stars for the same tasks---that there would be no chance at any point I would look at the game of a friend and see that they were paying fewer stars than I? I think some players might be persuaded to reset their games if that was an option.

This is where a "Universal Star Chart" would come in handy, by the way, so that players could self-check their games against the "official" star costs. Obviously, it would be useless if that is not how Gardenscapes works (if instead it calibrates star costs to individual players' perceived "skill levels"), in which case a game reset would simply drag most players back to square one, with no hope of catching up.

As to Tech Support, it has been nearly 2 weeks since I have heard anything about my request (I had to leave a reply a week ago to prevent my case from being closed and marked as "solved"), and I would not even had known that this issue had been "fixed" if I had not checked the forums. Would like to hear from someone soon...
    Hi Waiting for stars. I have loaded the latest update and reset my game. This time around, it is much improved. Phone calls must one star, lucky spin for a daily bonus and a few tweaks to the levels. It is not easy but it is much more rewarding so far

WaitingForStars, there's no "easy" and "hard" version of the game, all the tasks now cost the same amount of stars If you don't believe it - you can ask players on the forum to share their star requirements from the game and check it

As for resetting the game the result would once again be one for all - one universal version of the game for all platforms (except Facebook - that's a different one actually). So there shouldn't be any problems with difference in progress if you and someone else start from the beginning now. It fair game for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Nataly Kuzmina View Post
    WaitingForStars, there's no "easy" and "hard" version of the game, all the tasks now cost the same amount of stars If you don't believe it - you can ask players on the forum to share their star requirements from the game and check it

As for resetting the game the result would once again be one for all - one universal version of the game for all platforms (except Facebook - that's a different one actually). So there shouldn't be any problems with difference in progress if you and someone else start from the beginning now. It fair game for everyone!
    That's all I have been asking to hear for the past month--as mentioned, I have received mixed messages from the forum and support in the past (in part because I think "fixes" were sometimes announced too hastily), so I am sure you can understand my hesitation

It is still far from fair, of course, because many players would need to restart their games from the very beginning in order to progress at the same rate as other players. If I keep playing my game as is, I will continue to play more advanced levels for achieve comparatively lower level tasks in the game...the funny thing is, I asked both on support and on the forum whether a scenario like this would happen (where playrix would equalize the star costs, but not reimburse players for the extra stars they were forced to pay) and I was either given no answer, or reassured that players would be compensated for their efforts (I can provide screenshots). If I had known playrix did not intend to compensate players, I would have stopped playing and waited for the update/fix...it's a bit frustrating, to say the least...
    Last edited by WaitingForStars; 10-31-2016 at 09:55 PM.
    Want to ensure that Gardenscapes is fair and equally challenging for all customers?
    Check out this proposal and discussion: http://forum.playrix.com/showthread....-of-customers)