Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unequal star requirements for tasks: ever been resolved?

Unequal star requirements for tasks: ever been resolved?

Hello all! I submitted a bug report earlier today to playrix regarding unequal star requirements for completing tasks. I have been playing Gardenscapes longer than my mother (as of this post, I am on level 108, and she on 85), yet she has progressed further in the game than I (I am still stuck on Day 1 in the 3rd garden, and she is on Day 2 in the same garden). At this point I do not intend to play any more (or spend money on coins/power ups) until I am fairly reimbursed for the progress I made in the game and assured that this discrepancy in star-to-task cost will never happen again. I've noticed that other members of this forum have experienced similar issues...has anyone ever had this issued resolved since reporting it? Thanks!
    Last edited by WaitingForStars; 10-23-2016 at 04:47 PM.
    Want to ensure that Gardenscapes is fair and equally challenging for all customers?
    Check out this proposal and discussion: http://forum.playrix.com/showthread....-of-customers)

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForStars View Post
    Hello all! I submitted a bug report earlier today to playrix regarding unequal star requirements for completing tasks. I have been playing Gardenscapes longer than my mother (as of this post, I am on level 108, and she on 85), yet she has progressed further in the game than I (I am still stuck on Day 1 in the 3rd garden, and she is on Day 2 in the same garden). At this point I do not intend to play any more (or spend money on coins/power ups) until I am fairly reimbursed for the progress I made in the game and assured that this discrepancy in star-to-task cost will never happen again. I've noticed that other members of this forum have experienced similar issues...has anyone ever had this issued resolved since reporting it? Thanks!
    Hi there. Sorry to hear of this problem you are experiencing. Please can you send your support ticket number to Nataly.

http://forum.playrix.com/member.php?...Nataly-Kuzmina
    Last edited by hyacinth; 09-27-2016 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Added link

I just sent the number in a message. Thanks!

Unequal star requirements

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForStars View Post

I'm on level 134. Find the bell,receive the guess just 1 star was required, all of a sudden it doubled,pave the central area used to require 2 stars, now I need 4!! Not playing anymore if this issue continues ... ty

Hello everyone!

As promised, I’m here to let you know about the latest news regarding this issue.

At this moment I can 100% assure you that the issue is finally and permanently resolved and absolutely ALL the players now have equal star requirements for the tasks in their games. The difference has been eliminated – and, what’s even better, in the progress of working on this issue the developers have discovered some information, that will no doubt help them improve the game for everyone in the foreseeable future.

Unfortunately, due to technical reasons beyond our control we cannot implement any method of compensation to the game for all the players affected by the issue. We offer our deepest apologies for this unfortunate situation and promise you that we’ll learn from our mistakes and make the game even better. You will see it for yourself very soon!

Thank you once again for all the feedback and cooperation that you provided. Without you the game would never be as great as it has a potential to be. Stay tuned for some more great news in the upcoming days!

Hi Nataly,

How come I still have to pay more stars for certain tasks? For example, Christina reported above a paving task that used to require 2 stars. As of this moment I have to pay 4 stars for that same task. If this bug is truly fixed, why do some players still have to pay more?

As to star reimbursements: what confuses me about this game is that stars are set up as a commodity, much like lives and coins. You spend or save them as you choose. If Playrix has the technological ability to reward free coins to players for contests, and similarly if players themselves are able to send each other free lives, is it really so much of a technological stretch to reward individual reporters free stars?

If Playrix is not reimbursing stars because it would require a lot of hard work and arithmetic to calculate star needs for each player, then could individual reporters at least who are willing to do the hard math be rewarded stars that they already earned in the first place?

I am sorry to keep pestering everyone about this...I know you all must be sick of reading my barrage of posts on the forums...but customers need to be made aware of these discrepancies. Without a reimbursement, customers like myself are perpetually playing more advanced levels to complete lower level tasks. If we are always going to be stuck paying more for less than other players, then we will probably need to quit Gardenscapes and find more equitable games.

Unlike some players on Facebook or the forum who are asking for "freebies" (and I understand you need to ignore a majority of those requests...that's part of business), I and other players with this bug are not asking for that...we are simply asking that we receive something that we already earned through our own time, effort, and often money.

Still hoping for a real solution.
    Last edited by WaitingForStars; 10-23-2016 at 04:47 PM.
    Want to ensure that Gardenscapes is fair and equally challenging for all customers?
    Check out this proposal and discussion: http://forum.playrix.com/showthread....-of-customers)

It would make more sense if Playrix just handed out an occasional reward to all players of stars or meaningful amount of coins. I know it won't fix the unfairness issue but many people might have been playing the bugged game without knowing about it too begin with. Many games give out rewards on an occasional basis to provide an added incentive. Wouldn't it be nice surprise to receive 20 stars or 5000 coins once in a while?

Hi WaitingForStars!

Fist of all, regarding the issue with different star requirements - it is definitely and permanently resolved now, and I'm certain that the difference that existed before is now in the past. Christina's post was written before the final solution to the problem was introduced so that's the reason of the different star balance - but, I repeat once again, it's no longer relevant.

As for the compensation for players - a lot of work in different departments is required to implement even the smallest element in the game without creating an imbalance and compromising the current state of the game. The developers can do a lot of things, but even they have limits. Right now they're working on the way to improve the game balance to make it easier and more enjoyable for all the players. I totally understand that our players deserve flawless game experience, but, unfortunately, mistakes sometimes happen despite the numerous checks and measures. Again, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced.

If you still feel that everything above is not enough and you want to file a formal complaint - you can always contact our Tech Support team and openly express your concern. Our agents will then look further into your situation and seek for any possibilities to resolve the issue with all of the players affected individually. I sincerely hope for your understanding.

Hi Nataly,

I guess I am still baffled as to why is easier to re-calibrate the star payment systems for all players' games (which is what this fix is reported to do) than to leave a few stars in a player's account, just like you would coins...but I'll let that go for now

Here is an entirely different question: if one could have one's game completely "reset," would that player have the "easy" version of Gardenscapes? In other words, if there was a way to reset my game, would it guarantee that I would always pay the same amount of stars for the same tasks---that there would be no chance at any point I would look at the game of a friend and see that they were paying fewer stars than I? I think some players might be persuaded to reset their games if that was an option.

This is where a "Universal Star Chart" would come in handy, by the way, so that players could self-check their games against the "official" star costs. Obviously, it would be useless if that is not how Gardenscapes works (if instead it calibrates star costs to individual players' perceived "skill levels"), in which case a game reset would simply drag most players back to square one, with no hope of catching up.

As to Tech Support, it has been nearly 2 weeks since I have heard anything about my request (I had to leave a reply a week ago to prevent my case from being closed and marked as "solved"), and I would not even had known that this issue had been "fixed" if I had not checked the forums. Would like to hear from someone soon...