Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice Fishing Event: Tips & Strategies

Ice Fishing Event: Tips & Strategies

So, I didn't play this game when it came around in the past, so it's brand new to me.

I didn't realize that the lures had to match the color of the fish (I thought it only caught a higher pound fish or something).

So I made a TON of green lures, but I looked and now there are NO GREEN FISH! I swore earlier there were green fish in my pond, but not positive.

Will more green fish appear? Do they appear after a certain amount of time...or will they only come back after I've caught the other red and blue fish in my pond? I'm worried I wasted all that time making green lures and now can't use them at all!
    Town Name: Watertopea (Reeseville) on Android
    Friend Code: GVGCPP
    Coop Name: Easy Breezy Coop, Coop Tag: #ES3P2N
    Description: A fairly relaxed co-op that races in Gold league. Minimum 1 task or opt out. We love players who are helpful and fun! Open co-op and English is our preferred language.

Quote Originally Posted by ReeseTeacher View Post
    or will they only come back after I've caught the other red and blue fish in my pond? I'm worried I wasted all that time making green lures and now can't use them at all!
    Yes, they will come back when all fish is caught. Don't be upset, if you have red&blue caps, make some lures, catch red&blue fish and then after two hours your pond will reset.
    Town Name: Horishni Plavni, #UKRQK6, Android
    Town Level: 114 - playing since march-2016
    Zoo Level: 45 - finished!

Quote Originally Posted by Faye View Post
    Yes, they will come back when all fish is caught. Don't be upset, if you have red&blue caps, make some lures, catch red&blue fish and then after two hours your pond will reset.
    So the fish completely reset every 2 hours? My lures won't reset will they?
    Town Name: Watertopea (Reeseville) on Android
    Friend Code: GVGCPP
    Coop Name: Easy Breezy Coop, Coop Tag: #ES3P2N
    Description: A fairly relaxed co-op that races in Gold league. Minimum 1 task or opt out. We love players who are helpful and fun! Open co-op and English is our preferred language.

Not every two hours, but in two hours after you lure out all fish from a pond. Lures won't reset, correct.
    If lots of green lures make you nervous you can (when you have at least one green fish in a pond, of course) deliberatly miss color line and thus waste some green lures but I don't think number of lures affects caps color balance.
    Town Name: Horishni Plavni, #UKRQK6, Android
    Town Level: 114 - playing since march-2016
    Zoo Level: 45 - finished!

Fishing Tournament Help

I have 13 green fishing lures but haven't had a green fish since I caught the ones that were there at the beginning of the tournament. All I keep getting is mostly blue, and some red fish. They're the only colors that are regenerating.

Consider yourself lucky to get reds and blues, because they are heavier than the green. The lures don't take up space, so I wouldn't fret over having green lures. Just keep making more blue and red lures for the fish you are getting! My game is giving me an even mix of all three colors, so I can't see one color dominating or one color missing. Good luck with they heavy fish!
    One-Eye 57 town name: Tundra Prime
    started Township: Feb. 16, 2016 Platform: IOS (on iPad)
    Town Level: 177; Zoo: 188/188.
    Co-Op: Cajun Country 2 (w/ green shield & butterfly) #CJEG7J

Do you mean regenerating after the 2 hour wait? That seems odd that no green fish would appear at all.

Unfortunately, you cannot get new fish without catching all the ones in a particular ice fishing hole so you could just continue trying to catch all the others and see if green ones will eventually appear.

If you still don't see green fish after getting a whole new batch, you will have to report it via the in-game problem reporting system.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

[Edit:] Having just read One-Eye's response, I can see that it might not be a bad thing to not get the light-weight fish. His suggestion to press on is a good one. However, since any green bottle caps you go get from helicopter orders *do* take up barn space, you might have to spend some time creating green lures, which don't take up space in the barn, or selling the green bottle caps to free up space.
    Last edited by cdosr; 01-06-2018 at 10:40 PM.

I rarely get any green fish either. I sell most of the green caps and make green lure only when needed. I think I have received one green in the last 4 or 5 refresh. Sorry, I did not took notes along the way.

Have a hard time getting enough blue caps though.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 214, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

It is amazing how different our experiences are in this event. I hardly get red bottle caps - green and blue are more frequent. I nearly always get all 3 colors of fish - naturally, more red ones, since I never have enough bottle caps/lures on hand.
    Level 163
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Right now I have more red caps than any other color. Wish I could pass you some!

I get way more caps than I have interest or patience to turn into lures. I keep 10 of each color in the barn and sell off the rest several times a day. I think I have only gotten one refill so far that did NOT have all 3 color fish in it.
    Town: Starshine The Original
    Game level 120 1/17/17
    Zoo level 27 1/17/17
    Coop: Regatta Dabblers for people serious about helping but not about the Regatta!
    Android phone
    I welcome new Facebook friends, send your request to Starshine String and be sure to PM me here