Thread: Co-op Performance Rating

Co-op Performance Rating

Can you implement a performance rating for regatta players? The reason I ask this question is this
    1. I’ve gone thru four members and they don’t want to complete task or race period. They will work on the same task throughout the entire race only to not finish, make things harder on other members, and reap benefits of which they haven’t worked for.

2. If we could see how someone had performed in the past we would know whether to invite them to join our co-op.

3. It’s not fair to other members to work hard and have a slacker that knew they were a slacker when they joined your co-op even though you specifically stated what kind of members your looking for in advance.

Please try to make this suggestion happen.

absolutely agree with your reasoning - such members wouldn't live long in my Coop!
    But - how would that performance rating / indicator look like? so that the next Coop (members) could interpret it the right way?

I don’t see how it could be done. What exactly gets you a good rating? For me, a good coop member can look like so many different things to different people, including sometimes demonstrating a willingness to put the team’s goals and wellbeing before personal ‘glory’, so I can see no standard measure to quantify performance. And even if I did, people change, for good or ill, so past performance isn’t necessarily and indicator of future behaviour.

When you look at the statistics (at the town hall), you can see whether a person helps in the co-op. This would be a good indicator. During the race, of course, you and check the statistics there for members in your co-op to see if they are performing. You can also check on players you are considering inviting to join you. Not perfect, but all are very good indicators.
    Just a thought.

An "average regatta task points last season" line in the town hall stats?

So the last completed season (so last week this figure would have been the Wild West performance, this week and the next four weeks would show the art season) shows "regatta - 4378" or whatever.

Or, just show last week's regatta points "regatta - 1256" or whatever, although that would be a lot less fair if someone had an off-week, but...?

Or, an average of the last four weeks? "Regatta - 4000" could mean they typically score 1000 a week, or had two weeks off, and scored 2000 the other two weeks...?

I think it'd be a great thing to add, and there's several ways to do it.
    I also think it'd be a difficult thing to actually implement in terms of fairness or accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    I also think it'd be a difficult thing to actually implement in terms of fairness or accuracy.
    lol, exactly that's why I emphasized above the ability/possibility to interpret it the right way, here as the OP wanted it. I believe it's impossible, as there are many possible, also harmless reasons for any shown number.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    lol, exactly that's why I emphasized above the ability/possibility to interpret it the right way, here as the OP wanted it. I believe it's impossible, as there are many possible, also harmless reasons for any shown number.
    Yep. For example, very high coop help stats might mean you are a great team player, or a selfish clover-hog, depending on your coop. No way to know which from a number alone. Also, given that people are often seeking a new coop because they want to change from what they’ve been doing, I think assessing them too much based on what they were and don’t like, as opposed to what they intend to become after they move, is perhaps a mistake. I can see it being useful in showing the very ‘worst’ players, but you can already see those from their Town Hall stats. In other words, OP, if you want to avoid slackers, check their town hall stats and compare them to others at similar levels. You already have much of the info you would need. It’s not a guarantee, but neither would your ‘rating’ be.

Hi Donna Marie and welcome to the Forum.

I like your idea very much. We just have to figure out the right metrics
    to include in the rating and what rolling window time period to base
    It on.

I will give my thoughts on that later.

Thanks again for this idea. I think Coop leaders would find it a useful tool
    And Coop baddies would stand out.

Kind Regards,
    Cobalt
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.